PDA

View Full Version : door to door

coqui landscaping
03-21-2009, 07:58 PM
hey man some people wasnt kidding in here when they meant just knock on some doors. Yesturday i did one house that i got a called from my flyers and as i was doing it i just went across the street knock on two houses and boom knocked those out too. Goodstuff!!

Coqui Landscaping

Where theres a Will theres a Way!!!

tom's lawn care
03-24-2009, 08:35 PM
What do you say when you knock on the door?

TXNSLighting
03-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Introduce yourself, and ask em if they would like a little more info on your companys product. Try and be their best friend. I need to do this, cuz you will sell alot of jobs if you do it.

mdvaden
03-24-2009, 10:48 PM
hey man some people wasnt kidding in here when they meant just knock on some doors. Yesturday i did one house that i got a called from my flyers and as i was doing it i just went across the street knock on two houses and boom knocked those out too. Goodstuff!!

Coqui Landscaping

Where theres a Will theres a Way!!!

It's interesting how it varies from area to area.

In the west Portland suburbs, it does not seem to go over too well.

But in other communities like southern Oregon's Medford, a lot more people don't mind it. In fact, many enjoy the door to door visits. When we first moved down there a few years ago, I tried it for a few weeks to get a jump start until some ads were printed, and got as many as 3 customers in just an hour.

Seems that experimenting locally in one's own area is the most reliable way to know. A low cost experiment.

dewos
03-24-2009, 10:55 PM
I always have got a great return from knocking on doors but what I found out was that was a great return for each house// flier I handed out.. Not time. The time it took bsing with customers and waiting for them to come to the door was soo long.. So now I just post fliers and see. I knocked for the longest times but sometimes it was just weird...

coqui landscaping
03-24-2009, 11:45 PM
yea man that day i got 3 customers too so yea i guess is different for some areas