PDA

View Full Version : Foffel's lawn maintainance 2009

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cuttinitclose
03-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Hello all. My name is Ian Foffel and i'm 15 and I've been in the business for 3 years this being my 4th. I will post pics of equipment and work here as well as some odd balls.

My Equipment Lineup:
John Deere 115
Craftsman Walk Behind
John Deere Trimmer
Ryobi Blower/Vac
3.5'x4' Trailer
Craftsman Wheelbarrow/Trailer
Hand Tools

Services that I offer:
Mowing, Trimming, Bed Mulching, Spring and Fall Clean-ups, Lawn Sweeping, Lawn Rolling, and Snow Removal.

I know many of you will say that I need commercial equipment. So these are planned purchases for this year.

2009 Shopping List:
Stihl FS 90R Trimmer
Stihl SH 55 Shredder/Vac
Possibly a Stihl BR 550 Backpack Blower

I know that my mower is not great but it was all I could afford when I bought it.I get my permit in Sept. and License in May 2010. So thats when I will expand and buy the major things. I plan on getting a GM truck or my familys Trailblazer and a my grandpas trailer. But I will worry about that when the time comes. So my plans for this year is make as much $ as I can and spend as little as possible. I also plan on having 3 other jobs as well as this. Pics below.(Hang with me it's my first time with pics:laugh:)

Cuttinitclose
03-22-2009, 04:51 PM

Cuttinitclose
03-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Shop Pics

What I can't fix here I have my grandpas to turn to.

Cuttinitclose
03-22-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm still switching to my mowing setup from winter plowing. Gotta put the deck on and get it greased already serviced it yesterday.

lawn crafters
03-22-2009, 05:15 PM
tell me how you have been i buisiness for 4 years with that equipment. and lastly define the term "been in buisiness"

Cuttinitclose
03-22-2009, 05:29 PM
tell me how you have been i buisiness for 4 years with that equipment. and lastly define the term "been in buisiness"

Take care of it and service it regularly. The mower would last another 4 year probaly. Have been mowing for 4 years and plowing snow for 2. Hope that awnsers your question

billslawn89
03-22-2009, 05:35 PM
ya, thats the stuff you use when you are starting out in this biz! many moons ago when i started, i cut a shopping plaza up in ohio with a crapsman 42in lawn tractor for the maintenance guy there. he subed it out to me to make extra money...that was my starting point. i even had the crapsman walk behind edger that broke every year..junk..but that was when i started and banked all the money and bought all commerical equipment after a few years. i did start out with stihl hand helds though, but ya....save up that money and if you are serious, buy that commerical equipment cuz it will last a long time then the homeowner stuff. i wish i started out that young! good luck man, take pride in your work, don't worry about the other guy and clean up that garage floor! lol

Cuttinitclose
03-22-2009, 05:50 PM
ya, thats the stuff you use when you are starting out in this biz! many moons ago when i started, i cut a shopping plaza up in ohio with a crapsman 42in lawn tractor for the maintenance guy there. he subed it out to me to make extra money...that was my starting point. i even had the crapsman walk behind edger that broke every year..junk..but that was when i started and banked all the money and bought all commerical equipment after a few years. i did start out with stihl hand helds though, but ya....save up that money and if you are serious, buy that commerical equipment cuz it will last a long time then the homeowner stuff. i wish i started out that young! good luck man, take pride in your work, don't worry about the other guy and clean up that garage floor! lol

Thanks for the kind words. I will. HAHA

2brothersyardcare
03-22-2009, 07:13 PM
i like the tractor

THEGOLDPRO
03-22-2009, 07:19 PM
i like how all the young kids say "i have been in business" lol it makes me laugh every time.

Green Team Landscaping
03-22-2009, 07:20 PM
This will sound stupid, but do you plow with that tractor?

Cuttinitclose
03-22-2009, 07:29 PM
This will sound stupid, but do you plow with that tractor?

Ya, it pushes 8 dry, fluffy inches easy.

RedMax Man
03-22-2009, 07:40 PM
imo i would consider it a hobby. i called my little gig my little business but in reality it was a hobby that i made some money on. It was it business till i got legit and really made money and was registered and insured and did taxes.

Good job though in be self motivated and responsible in your lawn maintenance opperation.

mkwl
03-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Alright- well whatever you want to call it- cut the kid some slack. We ALL started somewhere- and yes, even you goldpro probably were not ALWAYS completely legit and 100% insured etc- so cut him some slack!

Looks good man- keep it up!

Kennedy Landscaping
03-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Don't listen to all the neigh sayers on here, we may be young but atleast we're not out doing drugs or playing video games all the time like most teenagers. And even in our spare time like now, where do we come? We come to LS to get knowledge and help expand ourself. Good luck this year and I wish you the best of luck with this season!

KCfireman
03-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Don't listen to all the neigh sayers on here, we may be young but atleast we're not out doing drugs or playing video games all the time like most teenagers. And even in our spare time like now, where do we come? We come to LS to get knowledge and help expand ourself. Good luck this year and I wish you the best of luck with this season!There's knowledge on this site?

Lakewlc
03-22-2009, 08:23 PM
There's knowledge on this site?

hahaha

foffel- where did you get that little trailer?

hvphotog
03-22-2009, 08:32 PM
I think he is doing great and i am sure Bill Gates said something like he is when he was that age or younger... Business is business and he is certainly in the right frame of mine..

Looks like you keep everything nice too!

Good luck this year.. make money :dancing:

Cuttinitclose
03-22-2009, 09:06 PM
foffel- where did you get that little trailer?
Northern Tool

pbrad
03-22-2009, 09:30 PM
im not trying to be rude but theres now way you should call it a bizz with that stuff

Cuttinitclose
03-22-2009, 09:34 PM
im not trying to be rude but theres now way you should call it a bizz with that stuff

OK so it's not an official "business", but let me call it what I want and you call it what you want. Sound Good?

Green Team Landscaping
03-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Ya, it pushes 8 dry, fluffy inches easy.
Wow. I rode my friends tractor(same size as yours) and I thought it was completely under-powered.

Green Team Landscaping
03-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Technically it is a business.... Business: organization designed to provide goods and/or services to consumers.[1]

Cuttinitclose
03-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Wow. I rode my friends tractor(same size as yours) and I thought it was completely under-powered.

I throw 82lbs and chains on the rearend and as long as your in motion when you hit the snow it pushes pretty decent. It can be underpowered at times but thats what you get with the basic hydrostatic thats made. Works for me well.

hvphotog
03-23-2009, 05:32 PM

You can call anything a business you want to if you are making money.. lol go back to school:hammerhead:

Dstosh
03-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Keep it up. Apparantly everyone on this site started with 50k in equipment. Have to start somewhere! Dont let them get you down.

Cuttinitclose
03-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Got the deck at my house today. I'll put it on tomorrow and post some pics w/ it on. Thanks for encouraging words!

hvphotog
03-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Got the deck at my house today. I'll put it on tomorrow and post some pics w/ it on. Thanks for encouraging words!

Keep the pics coming :)

Just sold my John Deere L 130.. was actually a great mower and i had no problems with it whatsoever.. hauled alot of wood with it too

Cashio13
03-24-2009, 02:14 AM
im pretty sure a business is defined as an activity with a purpose the deals in aneconomic nature. As long as he is making money, he is a business and in this current economy anything to help people spend more money works. And as far as the equipment goes...looks good to me, I know i didn't start out with the money that some of the lawn site members did. Good luck kid...take it as far as you can.

ChrisGA
03-24-2009, 04:15 AM
I dont care what people say cuttinitclose but keep doing what your doing. Its your equipment and if your pleased with it than thats all that matters in my opinion. Not everyone can afford the $10k mowers and the top of the line equipment. I think starting small with residential equipment is fine when starting out and a year or 2 down the road when business booms them get the nice commercial equipment. Heck Im highly considering getting a higher end residential mower to start out. Im getting things together and buying my mower/trailer this week..... funds are a little lower than I thought so I might have to stick it out with residential stuff for time being?

Good Luck this season !

afg
03-24-2009, 06:22 AM
i like how all the young kids say "i have been in business" lol it makes me laugh every time.

i believe he is starting a business.... plenty of some of the largest companies out there got their start the same way, a tractor, pushmower, weedeater, and if they were lucky, a blower. don't hate on the kid for getting out there and trying to make something happen. instead of laughing, why not give some encouragement so he can make himself better.... especially since you are SO good. after all, you are THEGOLDPRO, must make you the most professional outfit on here, huh?

Cashio13
03-24-2009, 11:21 AM
i believe he is starting a business.... plenty of some of the largest companies out there got their start the same way, a tractor, pushmower, weedeater, and if they were lucky, a blower. don't hate on the kid for getting out there and trying to make something happen. instead of laughing, why not give some encouragement so he can make himself better.... especially since you are SO good. after all, you are THEGOLDPRO, must make you the most professional outfit on here, huh?

yuuuuuuuuup!

nnj18
03-24-2009, 01:02 PM

couldnt agree more man!! :waving:

this site is full of weekend warriors and kids.....

Lee33
03-24-2009, 01:30 PM
God, there are some rude people on this site. Why do you folks feel the need to put someone down? Insecurity and immaturity are usually the reasons people feel the need to do that. It makes them feel superior. And, sadly, it's usually teenagers doing the flame jobs which, obviously, explains the immaturity.

Live and let live guys. Nobody really cares about your negative opinions. Honest.

nnj18
03-24-2009, 01:36 PM
God, there are some rude people on this site. Why do you folks feel the need to put someone down? Insecurity and immaturity are usually the reasons people feel the need to do that. It makes them feel superior. And, sadly, it's usually teenagers doing the flame jobs which, obviously, explains the immaturity.

Live and let live guys. Nobody really cares about your negative opinions. Honest.

oh no this whats called truth.....everyone just doesnt want to hurt feelings in this time era...GET OVER IT!

Cant have a business untill you're 18 bud, state law says no.

Cuttinitclose
03-24-2009, 05:42 PM
To anwser a question on in my private messages; I bought the mower at my local dealer, Kleine Equipment. Got the deck on will post pics in a bit.

KrayzKajun
03-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Best of luck to you!

We all started somewhere!!

RLS24
03-24-2009, 06:22 PM
oh no this whats called truth.....everyone just doesnt want to hurt feelings in this time era...GET OVER IT!

Well then when he is 18, he'll have a few years experience under him and maybe some better equipment by then to hit the ground running legally.

I applaud his efforts to get out there and earn a buck for himself at such a young age. Wish I would have started off younger.

We all have the neighborhood kid out there cutting lawns, and thats fine with me I think its good....teaches 'em work ethic and responsibility. and in my case, most of the neighborhood kids are cutting lawns I wouldn't want to deal with or for people I wouldnt want to deal with anyway.

Cuttinitclose
03-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Got the deck and bumper on today. It's dirty I know but it was down at my grandmas garage with like 10 cats. She's a cat lover! Yes there is rust on the foot rest, I will be fixing that tomorrow and thurs. Sorry for the messy garage, it's POURING outside now. I will try to get outside pics soon.

Cuttinitclose
03-24-2009, 08:52 PM
I know many of you will say that I need commercial equipment. So these are planned purchases for this year.

2009 Shopping List:
Stihl FS 90R Trimmer
Stihl SH 55 Shredder/Vac
Possibly a Stihl BR 550 Backpack Blower

Revision:

Stihl FS 90 R Trimmer (Spring)
Stihl SH 55 Shredder/Vac (Summer)
Stihl KB Bristile Brush Attachment (Summer)

I have a orthodontist appt. Thurs and the dealer is right down the road so hopefully they let me fire up a 90R. Do they let you try them out?

BlackDog3
03-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Good luck to you man! I started out like that when i was really young. Didnt know it would eventually turn into a full time landscape business. Rockin Roll man!

Chris

sunray
03-24-2009, 09:12 PM

It makes me feel better about our future.

hvphotog
03-24-2009, 10:08 PM

yes i see your ready for AARP soon :eek:

hvphotog
03-24-2009, 10:10 PM

Also speed limits are usually around 65 mph, does that mean no one does 75 or 80>?:confused:

hvphotog
03-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Cuttinitclose what happend to the deck pics?

billslawn89
03-24-2009, 11:50 PM
hey...did you sharpen those blades before putting the deck back on? also...clean up that garage floor like i said before...LOL :laugh: when are you starting?

Cuttinitclose
03-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Cuttinitclose what happend to the deck pics? They are there.

hey...did you sharpen those blades before putting the deck back on? also...clean up that garage floor like i said before...LOL :laugh: when are you starting? Yes I did. I'll do it tomorrow..NO SCHOOL! Probably mid April although its green as May now.Not tall enough though.

Cuttinitclose
03-25-2009, 09:05 PM
:cool2:Picking up a STIHL FS 90R tomorrow.WOHOO!!!!!!!!!:dancing:

Lakewlc
03-25-2009, 09:42 PM
congrats..

billslawn89
03-25-2009, 09:54 PM

you'll gonna love it! it will last a loooooong time! congrats!

WoodBrothersLC
03-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Good work man! Looks like what I started out with, keep up the good work! Your drive and hard work will pay off.

To all you people who keep giving the kid grief...seriously, grow up.

cough...Goldpro....cough.

hvphotog
03-26-2009, 07:03 AM

Nice.... :) looking forward to a new backpack blower myself :)

J&R Landscaping
03-26-2009, 09:20 AM

If you weed through all the crap and junk, theres a small percentage! lol

To the original poster, Good start. We all started somewhere. Keeping up the maintenance on your equipment should make it last for a good while! Good luck in 2009!

ambersLawnmowing
03-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Dont let the so called "Big" business people on here get you down. Most are worried about having work themselves and consider you a threat. I have almost the same tractor in my garage, They work great. But people on here seem to think you need the "Professional" brand mowers, I think it is a waste. I only buy John Deere mowers or Lesco. I had John Deere Trimmers like you but hated them so i bought Echo. Everyone will get on you about owning a business and most will say you need to be 18 well thats not true, so long as your filing taxes. Best of luck to you and hope the summer is well for you.

pitrack
03-26-2009, 03:10 PM
It's funny how people can give the kid crap for saying "been in business". Who cares? He can call it what he wants. So what if it's not technically a "business". We were all there at some point. Good luck to you Cuttinitclose, ignore all the hot shots.

hvphotog
03-26-2009, 03:51 PM
It's funny how people can give the kid crap for saying "been in business". Who cares? He can call it what he wants. So what if it's not technically a "business". We were all there at some point. Good luck to you Cuttinitclose, ignore all the hot shots.

Pitrack i know you are not negative but just going off what you said and some other said about tech not being a business... actually it is technically and any other way you want to look at it by means of definition of what a business is

I can't believe i have to schoo on what a business actually is but here is the websters version which is pretty much the laymans version as well. He is not calling it what he wants, he is referring to it for what it is... and doing a damn fine job of it i might add:usflag:

1. archaic : purposeful activity : busyness
2 a: role , function <how the human mind went about its business of learning — H. A. Overstreet> b: an immediate task or objective : mission <what is your business here> c: a particular field of endeavor <the best in the business>
3 a: a usually commercial or mercantile activity engaged in as a means of livelihood
b: a commercial or sometimes an industrial enterprise ; also : such enterprises <the business district> c: dealings or transactions especially of an economic nature

pitrack
03-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Pitrack i know you are not negative but just going off what you said and some other said about tech not being a business... actually it is technically and any other way you want to look at it by means of definition of what a business is

I can't believe i have to schoo on what a business actually is but here is the websters version which is pretty much the laymans version as well. He is not calling it what he wants, he is referring to it for what it is... and doing a damn fine job of it i might add:usflag:

2 a: role , function <how the human mind went about its business of learning — H. A. Overstreet> b: an immediate task or objective : mission <what is your business here> c: a particular field of endeavor <the best in the business>
3 a: a usually commercial or mercantile activity engaged in as a means of livelihood
b: a commercial or sometimes an industrial enterprise ; also : such enterprises <the business district> c: dealings or transactions especially of an economic nature

I am not negative one bit, I guess I was referring to the people who don't think it is a business unless he pays taxes, has employees, etc. I am all for him calling it that, if it is or is not an actual business. I was just giving the guys who have to comment about his equipment and what not a hard time. Some people act like they started out with all this high dollar equipment and never had to get by with what they could afford.

Now when I see that I look at it is a transaction of payment, and I always thought that if a transaction took place, taxes needed to be paid in order for it to be legal (he would have to be an actual business that pays taxes). I don't want to get into a huge debate over this, but do you see where I am coming from?

ED'S LAWNCARE
03-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Looks good you got to start somewhere. Don't let the negativity get to you. They are just upset because you might undercut their prices:laugh::laugh:.Keep up the work do quality, save your money, and buy quality, by the time you are 25 you will be further ahead than most of these naysayers. Now get off this site and run your BUSINESS.

hvphotog
03-26-2009, 05:29 PM
I am not negative one bit, I guess I was referring to the people who don't think it is a business unless he pays taxes, has employees, etc. I am all for him calling it that, if it is or is not an actual business. I was just giving the guys who have to comment about his equipment and what not a hard time. Some people act like they started out with all this high dollar equipment and never had to get by with what they could afford.

Now when I see that I look at it is a transaction of payment, and I always thought that if a transaction took place, taxes needed to be paid in order for it to be legal (he would have to be an actual business that pays taxes). I don't want to get into a huge debate over this, but do you see where I am coming from?

actually all depends on the which state you live in, under a certain age is tax exempt on income ie paper route etc and mowing lawns - start up landscaping falls into that in NY. Also a business does not have to do with monitary means just purpose and or service... either way i know you were not being negative like many others were which i am still in disbelief about.. You would think they would lend words of encouragement instead of trying to trash him and put him down.. But what do i know...lol :usflag:

Paul's LC
03-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Cant have a business untill you're 18 bud, state law says no.[/QUOTE]

Maybe in your state. I was a registered business in the state of Minnesota UNDER MY NAME. and get this, at AGE TWLEVE. I paid ALL my taxes and paid in ALL my sales tax. Granted ive come a long way from then, some states do allow minors to be business owners. Not trying to start anything because you may be absolutely right. But there are 49 other states with different laws.

Keep it up cuttingitclose. go far and make alot of money :weightlifter:

Cuttinitclose
03-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Spent some $$ today........$630! HAHA.
STIHL FS 90R BABY!

Others Below.

Cuttinitclose
03-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Craftsman 22' FWD Bagger, Mulcher, Side Discharge

hvphotog
03-26-2009, 09:27 PM
how's the stihl handle???

billslawn89
03-26-2009, 09:30 PM
nice! make sure you use the synthetic 2 cycle oil for the string trimmer. i buy the stihl 2.5 gallon 6 pack bottles and have a 2.5 gallon gas can just for the mixture for my handhelds. you'll gonna love it! looks like you've been using it already. :clapping:

Cuttinitclose
03-26-2009, 09:32 PM
how's the stihl handle???

Great! Only ran it for 10 or so min cutting tall patches in my yard. Super quiet when idling. Replaced the Quiet Line with star shaped line. The shoulder strap takes alot of weight off and pretty darn comfy. Starts on first pull cold! Can't wait to really start!

old oak lawn
03-26-2009, 09:59 PM

And a lot of Firefighters. We should be so proud:laugh:

WoodBrothersLC
03-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Just got on to check this forum again to see how many more people were going to criticize this young man...I was not suprised when I saw some more negative posts. This young man has all the respect from me he deserves; he's a hard worker, motivated, and not at home eating potato chips and playing video games, but rather he is out making money and a name for himself. Honestly, I was that same kid once, I had all the equipment I could afford, and my brother and I worked hard and grew our business, and I have no doubts that this guy will do the same.

Congrats on the new purchases and post some pics of your yards when you start cutting! Keep it up man!

-Mark

Lakewlc
03-27-2009, 09:48 PM
nice.. good luck with it

Cuttinitclose
03-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Just got on to check this forum again to see how many more people were going to criticize this young man...I was not suprised when I saw some more negative posts. This young man has all the respect from me he deserves; he's a hard worker, motivated, and not at home eating potato chips and playing video games, but rather he is out making money and a name for himself. Honestly, I was that same kid once, I had all the equipment I could afford, and my brother and I worked hard and grew our business, and I have no doubts that this guy will do the same.

Congrats on the new purchases and post some pics of your yards when you start cutting! Keep it up man!

-Mark

I will.

nice.. good luck with it

Thanks!

lawnbandit
03-27-2009, 10:27 PM
hey good job kidThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

Cuttinitclose
03-28-2009, 12:32 PM
We're suppose to get heavy wet snow tonite, 2-5in. Hopefully the ground is stating to warmup to where it doesn't stick very much. If we do get enough I'll just throw the chains and weights on and shovel my jobs. It's suppose to rain first so lets hope it stays rain. I do not want anymore snow!

pitrack
03-28-2009, 02:04 PM
We're suppose to get heavy wet snow tonite, 2-5in. Hopefully the ground is stating to warmup to where it doesn't stick very much. If we do get enough I'll just throw the chains and weights on and shovel my jobs. It's suppose to rain first so lets hope it stays rain. I do not want anymore snow!

I agree with you on that one, I'm ready for warm weather. Plus my plow is all put away:laugh:

hvphotog
03-28-2009, 06:45 PM

As much as i love the snow i am done with it for the year too.. bring on the sunshine and warm days.. Time to start some walls and patio's..

I heard Co got hammered with snow too

Cuttinitclose
03-29-2009, 08:37 AM
This SUCKS, about 1-3 inches fell last night. Oh well it will be gone tomorrow...50's

hvphotog
03-29-2009, 09:36 AM
This SUCKS, about 1-3 inches fell last night. Oh well it will be gone tomorrow...50's

Makes for some nice muddy yards...

Cuttinitclose
03-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Makes for some nice muddy yards...

Ya, you got that right. It's suppose to rain like every other day this week and be in the 60's next week. But who knows, the weather men change there minds everyday.:hammerhead: HAHA.

Cuttinitclose
03-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Snow is gone in our yard so I took out some rotten fence post and dug around some old bush stumps to take out w/ a chainsaw later.

Cuttinitclose
03-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Took my equipment down to my grandma's house today. I'll be working down there for a few days raking her yard and such. Probably start Wed. I will post pics.

hvphotog
03-30-2009, 10:00 PM
luck you dont live in Co or ND they are getting hammered with a foot plus of new snow...
have to start taking some pics myself.. doing some walls and walkways right now and drainage..

Cuttinitclose
04-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Got the edging done and leaves cleaned up about 3 hrs so far. No pics yet sorry.

Grits
04-02-2009, 10:17 PM

He's 15 years old.....you dick! I salute the guy. He's doing a hell of a lot better than what I did at his age. But I do have some great memories....if only I could remember them. :)

Grits
04-02-2009, 10:19 PM

Well isn't this the pot calling the kettle black. Your sig says you are 18. You are still a kid yourself! Hell, males don't reach maturity 'til about 38.

hvphotog
04-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Well isn't this the pot calling the kettle black. Your sig says you are 18. You are still a kid yourself! Hell, males don't reach maturity 'til about 38.

impeach Obama? lol why

STIHL GUY
04-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Looks like your off to a good start. keep up the hard work

Cuttinitclose
04-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Got 3/4 of my grandmas yard done. Picked up a dethatcher to use. So I dethatch, bag w/ pushmower, load into wheelbarrow and dump in to there trailer. Looks real good. IMO I promise to have pics when I before finish. I keep forgetting the camera at home.:hammerhead:

hvphotog
04-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Got 3/4 of my grandmas yard done. Picked up a dethatcher to use. So I dethatch, bag w/ pushmower, load into wheelbarrow and dump in to there trailer. Looks real good. IMO I promise to have pics when I before finish. I keep forgetting the camera at home.:hammerhead:

you and me both with for getting the camera at home.. ;)

Cuttinitclose
04-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Started mowing yesterday!!! WOOHOOO!!! Finished my G-ma's. Forgot the camera but will get after pics. Started dethatching mine yesterday. I have to do some lay some edgers, put down some mulch and rock, and mow this week. I'm on spring break. I'll try to remember the camera.HAHA.

hvphotog
04-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Started mowing yesterday!!! WOOHOOO!!! Finished my G-ma's. Forgot the camera but will get after pics. Started dethatching mine yesterday. I have to do some lay some edgers, put down some mulch and rock, and mow this week. I'm on spring break. I'll try to remember the camera.HAHA.

spring break.. how nice it must be.. lol enjoy

1993lx172
04-11-2009, 09:19 PM
impeach Obama? lol why

Where in the hell did that come from?

Cuttinitclose you're on the right track man and don't let ANY one bring you down EVER! I started when I was twelve with pretty much the same set up as you have and at 19, I still use much of the same equipment I started with, but I must say a truck does help payup.

Are you running high lift blades by the way? If not make the switch and you'll be striping with the best of them.
The only thing I would add to your rig would be a walk behind edger, a bagger for the tractor (beats raking trust me) and an aerator and you'll be set.

Good luck and have a great season.

Cuttinitclose
04-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Did some "landscaping" yesterday. I still have to put rock on the other side of the edgers to hold them in place and I'm replacing the flower beds old mulch with new mulch.

Cuttinitclose
04-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Some more. I put the retaining wall and mulchin last year. Mom decided that she wanted toppers for them. Pic2 just added more river rock.(Its discolored because its dirty)

hvphotog
04-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Nice job on the wall

Cuttinitclose
04-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Yesterday was not a good day! I've been hearing grinding/clunking noises from the transmission of the deere, so I asked my dealer what the problem might be. Well "It's probaly low on oil". So I take it all apart, fenders, section behind the motor, gas tank, etc. They said theres probably a dipstick to check it and add it. NOPE. So we broke the inpenatrable seal to add it. Not low at all. SON OF A *****!!! So I got the replacment seal overnighted, but no one to pick it up. (I'll be glad when I get my lisence!) So it's sitting in 5 pieces at my granpas garage till tuesday when I get it fixed. So I'll be using my grandpas mower while it's getting fixed (same one). But i'm gonna drive this thing till it falls apart completely. So I'll probably be looking for a bigger rider soon. HAHA.

hvphotog
04-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Yesterday was not a good day! I've been hearing grinding/clunking noises from the transmission of the deere, so I asked my dealer what the problem might be. Well "It's probaly low on oil". So I take it all apart, fenders, section behind the motor, gas tank, etc. They said theres probably a dipstick to check it and add it. NOPE. So we broke the inpenatrable seal to add it. Not low at all. SON OF A *****!!! So I got the replacment seal overnighted, but no one to pick it up. (I'll be glad when I get my lisence!) So it's sitting in 5 pieces at my granpas garage till tuesday when I get it fixed. So I'll be using my grandpas mower while it's getting fixed (same one). But i'm gonna drive this thing till it falls apart completely. So I'll probably be looking for a bigger rider soon. HAHA.

Who said there was a dip stick? should have gotten an exploded view of the tranny from the Deere dealer or Deere themself, thats what i do on things i am curious about.. Good luck getting it going

Cuttinitclose
04-19-2009, 11:23 AM
The dealer. I'm looking into a JD X300 42in, thats actually made by Deere.

1993lx172
04-19-2009, 01:03 PM
I make it a point to avoid those home depot specials as I call them. I tell people that if you are in the market for a quality mower that will last you, don't go to HD or Lowes, go to the dealer. It may cost a little more but it will be worth it in the long run. Mine will be 17 years old this summer (according to the build date on the serial number sticker) and has only been down for repairs about four times.

hvphotog
04-19-2009, 01:11 PM
The dealer. I'm looking into a JD X300 42in, thats actually made by Deere.

Why not pick up a used scag, exmark ZTR for the same price range.. i just picked up a sweet 52" ZTR with 580 hours on it.. an Exmark will post some pics later today or tomorrow so you can see.. i paid 2500.00, it has a 23 hp kawi and runs super smooth.

LouisianaLawnboy
04-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Your doing great Ian.

Cuttinitclose
04-19-2009, 06:09 PM
I make it a point to avoid those home depot specials as I call them. I tell people that if you are in the market for a quality mower that will last you, don't go to HD or Lowes, go to the dealer. It may cost a little more but it will be worth it in the long run. Mine will be 17 years old this summer (according to the build date on the serial number sticker) and has only been down for repairs about four times.

I did buy it at the dealer.

Why not pick up a used scag, exmark ZTR for the same price range.. i just picked up a sweet 52" ZTR with 580 hours on it.. an Exmark will post some pics later today or tomorrow so you can see.. i paid 2500.00, it has a 23 hp kawi and runs super smooth.

I'd rather stick with a rider.

Cuttinitclose
04-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Your doing great Ian.

Was that sarcastic?

DoetschOutdoor
04-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Why on earth would you rather have a JD tractor over an exmark or whatever brand ztr?

LouisianaLawnboy
04-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Was that sarcastic?

Not a bit. You are doing great! I started when I was 15.(Read my intro thread if you want to know more bout me)

Look another person agreeing with me on the ZTR(hvphotog):laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cuttinitclose
04-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Why on earth would you rather have a JD tractor over an exmark or whatever brand ztr?

Because of the way I use it. Look at the thread under Commercial and Res. Mowing for "Does this sound good, please help"

hvphotog
04-20-2009, 08:41 AM
This is the Exmark i just picked up for $2,500. runs perfectly and with a little paint and elbow grease will look new again, main thing is that it all works and runs flawlessly
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/hvbuilder/1.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/hvbuilder/3.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/hvbuilder/4-1.jpg

In the end you have to be comforable with your purchase and i really don't think JD is a bad machine and for how much you do now.. it may be the right way for you to go for the next year or two..

Cuttinitclose
04-20-2009, 05:20 PM
In the end you have to be comforable with your purchase and i really don't think JD is a bad machine and for how much you do now.. it may be the right way for you to go for the next year or two..

Ya that what I'm thinking. Believe me I always try think of the long-run. I bought this one when I was 11 so ya I wasn't thinking like I do know. I'm kinda taking up the motto "Buy it once and cry once" But for as many as I do now I can't spend alot on a mower and I REALLY want another rider.

LouisianaLawnboy
04-20-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm kinda taking up the motto "Buy it once and cry once"

Only feel the pain once.:D

hvphotog
04-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Ya that what I'm thinking. Believe me I always try think of the long-run. I bought this one when I was 11 so ya I wasn't thinking like I do know. I'm kinda taking up the motto "Buy it once and cry once" But for as many as I do now I can't spend alot on a mower and I REALLY want another rider.

Sounds like the JD you looked at may be a good fit for you at this time than...

Cuttinitclose
04-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Only feel the pain once.:D
Yep........

Sounds like the JD you looked at may be a good fit for you at this time than...
Ya, I may buy a USED bigger rider if one available with all my wants.(Price, age, etc.)

Cuttinitclose
04-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Went and looked at the John Deere X300 today. I like it because: Cruise control, deck lift system, turning radius, control locations, seat, gas fill location, larger gas tank, built-in weight bracket and a stronger, quieter motor. Dislikes: Tire size, same size deck as now. I talk to the head mechanic (he tells it like it is) and he said that its a good mower for my needs, has a better tranny than the 115, overall convinance. It has a 2 year/ 150 hr. warranty for commercial use. I can get one for $3,304.37 w/ the front brush guard. Hope I get the job for the school this summer! (Not mowing.)

hvphotog
04-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Went and looked at the John Deere X300 today. I like it because: Cruise control, deck lift system, turning radius, control locations, seat, gas fill location, larger gas tank, built-in weight bracket and a stronger, quieter motor. Dislikes: Tire size, same size deck as now. I talk to the head mechanic (he tells it like it is) and he said that its a good mower for my needs, has a better tranny than the 115, overall convinance. It has a 2 year/ 150 hr. warranty for commercial use. I can get one for $3,304.37 w/ the front brush guard. Hope I get the job for the school this summer! (Not mowing.)

Cruise control ;)

did they let you take it for a spin?

Cuttinitclose
04-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Cruise control ;)

did they let you take it for a spin?

Ya, it handles a lot better than the 115.

hvphotog
04-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Ya, it handles a lot better than the 115.

So when is the purchase date?

Cuttinitclose
04-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Whenever the school tells me if I got a job or not. If I don't get the job then i probaly won't get one, IDK. So hopefully June. God, I hope I get the job!

hvphotog
04-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Whenever the school tells me if I got a job or not. If I don't get the job then i probaly won't get one, IDK. So hopefully June. God, I hope I get the job!

What are you doing at the school, maintaining their lawns or something else?

Cuttinitclose
04-26-2009, 02:48 PM
What are you doing at the school, maintaining their lawns or something else?

Maybe, mostly cleaning all the rooms in all the schools, waxing floors, etc. About $3,000 a summer.

hvphotog
04-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Maybe, mostly cleaning all the rooms in all the schools, waxing floors, etc. About $3,000 a summer.

Nice job.. hope you get it

Cuttinitclose
04-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Nice job.. hope you get it

ME TOO! I want a new mower.

LouisianaLawnboy
04-26-2009, 06:07 PM
ME TOO! I want a new mower.

Who doesn't:cry:

Cuttinitclose
04-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Who doesn't:cry:

HAHA!:laugh:

Cuttinitclose
05-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Well, I didn't get the job with the school but I might have two more mowing jobs soon.
A guy that works at John Deere asked my dad if I was intrested in mowing his moms yard which is about 3/4 acre and, the other is the grain elevator where dad works. Bummer is that they want me to use there mowers.
The salesman from Kleine is suppose to come and look at my mower to see what it's worth. The plow, bumper, and chains all go with it. I hoping for around $900 for it all. I'm also looking at the X320 in stead of the X300.

LouisianaLawnboy
05-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Well, I didn't get the job with the school but I might have two more mowing jobs soon.
A guy that works at John Deere asked my dad if I was intrested in mowing his moms yard which is about 3/4 acre and, the other is the grain elevator where dad works. Bummer is that they want me to use there mowers.

Too bad. Using the customer's mower is walking a fine line.:walking:

Cuttinitclose
05-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Too bad. Using the customer's mower is walking a fine line.:walking:

I don't care that they want me to use there's, I'm still getting paid. But it would be nice I could use mine on the one. I wouldn't want to use mine at the elevators' though. They have a Land Pride ZTR that they've hit all kinds of crap with.

hvphotog
05-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Bummer about the job, that sucks.. but on the brite side seems you have a few things in the hopper which may be a good thing. why upping it to the X320.. although nice mower it is

The salesman from Kleine is suppose to come and look at my mower to see what it's worth. The plow, bumper, and chains all go with it. I hoping for around $900 for it all. I'm also looking at the X320 in stead of the X300.

Cuttinitclose
05-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Bummer about the job, that sucks.. but on the brite side seems you have a few things in the hopper which may be a good thing. why upping it to the X320.. although nice mower it is

Ya, I don't know. I don't think I got the elevator job. I got to call the guy to see if he wants me to mow his moms yard. I'm only mowing one every other week now. Things have really gone down hill lately for me. It sucks. I really need to look for more work.

I think I'll get the X320 for the bigger deck, tranny, motor, etc. It's only $20 more a month than the X300. He said he could give me around $800 for mine.But I won't get it unless I get more $$$ working.

hvphotog
05-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Hang in there, self employment has it's ups and downs just keep a positive outlook. You may have to work harder to get those first jobs to work up a good rep and than word of mouth will start to kick in.. I am sure you will succeed just have to keep you head up even when things look like they are not good such as you said now.. have you thought about running an add locally for some work and or posting flyers in local deli's (if you are not already) and if you do the flyers use your age to your advantage, people love helping out when they can and maybe give you the yard to mow whereas if you were not your age they may not... This is where being young can help out.. I know in the deli down the street from me there is a flyer with a tear off numbers at the bottom and it states something about 16 year old looking to do odd jobs after school and during the summer.. all the tear off phone numbers are gone.

Good Luck ! :usflag:

Ya, I don't know. I don't think I got the elevator job. I got to call the guy to see if he wants me to mow his moms yard. I'm only mowing one every other week now. Things have really gone down hill lately for me. It sucks. I really need to look for more work.

I think I'll get the X320 for the bigger deck, tranny, motor, etc. It's only $20 more a month than the X300. He said he could give me around $800 for mine.But I won't get it unless I get more $$$ working.

Cuttinitclose
05-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Turns out I didn't get either job but did a one timer today for a neighbor who let theres get out of hand. Handled it no problem. Also did the ditch across from my house and hauled off the dead brush. 90R was amazing never bogged down or anything. I'm just trying to keep my hopes up that things will turn around and maybe pick up a couple when it gets warmer or just pick some up.

LouisianaLawnboy
05-14-2009, 11:02 PM
hang in there man

ToroLandscaper
05-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Hang in there man, I would network with other LCOs in your area as much as you can. Many of the local LCOs will hand work to one another often times.

2brothersyardcare
05-15-2009, 06:36 AM
I NO WAT YOUR SAYING I GOT SOME INSTALLS AND LITTLE WORK. plush i handed out 750 fliers and got 1 call i mow 3 lawns man this year sucks

Cuttinitclose
05-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks Guys!

hvphotog
05-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Have to get your name out there.. flyers in all the deli's and super markets.. no one will know to call you unless you get it out there.. Best of luck and like everyone said have to hang in there and keep trying. it will happen

Cuttinitclose
06-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Well its been awhile since Ive posted and I have lost one and picked up one. I also picked up a ditch trimming job so I bought a blade for the Stihl and also bought a BG 86 Blower. Im picking up a BR 550 or 600 in a month or so. Ive put a mower purchase on hold until next year unless something happens. Pics will come tomorrow.

bighaydenslawn
06-10-2009, 10:28 PM
How many accounts you at man?

Congrats on the BG-86.

If it were me, I would forget a backpack for a while and just start saving big for a good commercial mower. I know you like Deere, just look at the EZ-Traks and see what you think. I love mine.

Have you been getting any hedge trimming jobs? Seems like I am keeping fairly busy with them.

Cuttinitclose
06-10-2009, 10:37 PM
How many accounts you at man?

Congrats on the BG-86.

If it were me, I would forget a backpack for a while and just start saving big for a good commercial mower. I know you like Deere, just look at the EZ-Traks and see what you think. I love mine.

Have you been getting any hedge trimming jobs? Seems like I am keeping fairly busy with them.

4 accounts right now and always looking for more.:) Sometimes I'll pick some up a one timer or cleanup etc. But I have another PT job too. I would like a Deere ZTR or Exmark LazerZ. After the BP purchase I HAVE to start saving for new mower, truck, insurance, and all that good stuff.

I currently do not do hedge trimming. I'd like to but not at this time.

Thanks, Ian:)

Cuttinitclose
06-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Here are the pics: 2009 Stihl BG 86

hvphotog
06-12-2009, 07:17 PM
your going to love the 550, i just picked one up about a month ago and it is a great blower, very comfy to wear and very little vibration from motor running due to spring mount.

how do you like the BG 86?

Well its been awhile since Ive posted and I have lost one and picked up one. I also picked up a ditch trimming job so I bought a blade for the Stihl and also bought a BG 86 Blower. Im picking up a BR 550 or 600 in a month or so. Ive put a mower purchase on hold until next year unless something happens. Pics will come tomorrow.

Cuttinitclose
06-13-2009, 06:01 PM
your going to love the 550, i just picked one up about a month ago and it is a great blower, very comfy to wear and very little vibration from motor running due to spring mount.

how do you like the BG 86?

Im actually getting a BR600 due to the large area cleanup during prep for the town celebration.

I really like the BG86 just like my other Stihl.

Cuttinitclose
06-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Bought the BR600 today. Will post pics and review tomorrow.

Cuttinitclose
06-20-2009, 04:01 PM
I love this thing! I use it on 3 yards today. I windrowed them on purpose and you couldn't tell it after using it. I also unplugged the storm drain at my grandmas which was caked with stuff. Peeled it right up.

Best pic of the set-up I have on most days. I posted the 22' earlier.

hvphotog
06-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Nice.. got the 550 and love it so i can imagine the power of the 600.. Heavy wet leaves are not match to say the least :)

Putting together a nice collection of equipment there

I love this thing! I use it on 3 yards today. I windrowed them on purpose and you couldn't tell it after using it. I also unplugged the storm drain at my grandmas which was caked with stuff. Peeled it right up.

Best pic of the set-up I have on most days. I posted the 22' earlier.

Cuttinitclose
06-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks,

I have a hedge job next week and all I have is loppers. IDK if I should buy some electric trimmmers, att. for my trimmer, or just loppers. All I'm doing is trimming them up to get underneath them better. About a 70 ft worth going up about a foot from the ground. I could use a pair anyway.

hvphotog
06-20-2009, 05:57 PM
If you are going to buy trimmers i would save up to get gas trimmers, been eyeing some out myself but right now i just borrow a fellow landscapers gas trimmers.. Although electric are nice and cheap you just need extension cords which when combined with buying the trimmer could top the 150 mark and that would be halfway to a gas trimmer.. just my two cents

2brothersyardcare
06-20-2009, 06:02 PM
get a cheap homeowner gass

Cuttinitclose
06-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Since I'm kinda out of money I may buy or borrow a electric set and use the money I make for a set of the Stihl HS 45.

2brothersyardcare
06-20-2009, 11:17 PM
love my 45 man

93Chevy
06-20-2009, 11:23 PM
I guess the hs45 is comparable to the echo hc150 I have. Definitely buy gas trimmers as soon as you can afford them, you will not regret it, even if they sit in the shop most days.

Cuttinitclose
06-20-2009, 11:26 PM
I guess the hs45 is comparable to the echo hc150 I have. Definitely buy gas trimmers as soon as you can afford them, you will not regret it, even if they sit in the shop most days.

What did the Echo cost you?

93Chevy
06-20-2009, 11:33 PM
uh...like 280 after tax I think...might be a little off though.

If Stihl works for you, don't change it up.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-20-2009, 11:35 PM
I got the M242 Shindy multi use tool with the hedge trimmer attachment. Guess what. I bought the hedge trimmer attachment BRAND NEW!!! It cost like 300.00. It's really nice tho.

I'm with everyone else, don't get electric.

93Chevy
06-20-2009, 11:39 PM
I got the M242 Shindy multi use tool with the hedge trimmer attachment. Guess what. I bought the hedge trimmer attachment BRAND NEW!!! It cost like 300.00. It's really nice tho.

I'm with everyone else, don't get electric.

I have the Echo PAS 260 which I guess is on par with the M242. However, I didn't get the hedge trimmer attachment because I thought it would be too heavy/long for most shrubs I do. Glad it works good for you though. I might get the attachment once I start trimming larger shrubs. In my opinion, it's just overkill for knee-high hedged, which I do quite a bit of. But like I said, I'm glad you like yours. :waving:

Cuttinitclose
06-20-2009, 11:42 PM
With it being so low to the ground I would be on my knees all day w/ a handheld. Should I get the adjustable attachment for my trimmer? It cheaper that way too. Then I could stand up w/ the trimmer angled.

mowerdude777
06-25-2009, 02:03 PM
I have a set of B&D clippers that I got 2 weeks ago for 25 bucks new, and they kick butt

LouisianaLawnboy
06-25-2009, 02:09 PM
With it being so low to the ground I would be on my knees all day w/ a handheld. Should I get the adjustable attachment for my trimmer? It cheaper that way too. Then I could stand up w/ the trimmer angled.

Yes. Stay with Stihl and you won't go wrong.

Cuttinitclose
06-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Did some mulch at my house Monday. 65 cubic feet total.

mowerdude777
06-25-2009, 05:34 PM
looks great

Cuttinitclose
06-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Replaced mulch w/ river rock.

Bushes I'm working on. Got them raised enough. Waiting on money for hedge attachment. Kinda blurry.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Good job Lucile.
Posted via Mobile Device

93Chevy
06-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Mulch work looks good.

Cuttinitclose
06-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks Guys!

hvphotog
06-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Mulch looks real nice.. and those are some huge shrubs too

Cuttinitclose
06-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Mulch looks real nice.. and those are some huge shrubs too Thanks, I know.

http://www.tradeshoes9.com/product_list.aspx?pcid=582 Mods!! Get rid of these people!!!

Cuttinitclose
06-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Mowed my yard and my neighbors overgrown yard. It was about 8-10in tall. Charged $40 because they have low income. Gave them a contract for $20 a/wk to think about. Will post pics later. I have to change the oil in the Deere and do deck maintenance.

teamgreendude
06-26-2009, 09:31 PM
way to go you rock bro, don't listen to the negitive stuff i started just like you and now I'm about to buy an 07 chevy 2500 hd and a new 7x16 enclosed trailer as well as another wright stander trust me you'll get there if you keep working hard it will pay you back, good luck and how do you like the fs 90 i got the 100rx but when i found out i couldn't put attachments on the head i kinda kicked myself but i'll get one soon. May good luck be with you, James

Cuttinitclose
06-26-2009, 09:39 PM
I love the 90R, next year I want to get a 110 or 130 Kombi for the real heavy stuff.

Cuttinitclose
06-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Went to get a oil filter at Kleine and they were busy so I asked the saleman if he had a zturn in back, he said he did. I went back there and got on. I called for the service mgr and asked if I could go around the lot and mow a little. He said "Do what ever the hell you want with it." Long story short, Im saving my money for next year!

bighaydenslawn
06-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Went to get a oil filter at Kleine and they were busy so I asked the saleman if he had a zturn in back, he said he did. I went back there and got on. I called for the service mgr and asked if I could go around the lot and mow a little. He said "Do what ever the hell you want with it." Long story short, Im saving my money for next year!

Sounds great! What model Z?

Cuttinitclose
06-26-2009, 10:33 PM
John Deere Z520A w/ 60" 7Iron. I was awesome! I'm either getting a Z510A w/48" or
Z520A w/ 54", both 7Iron decks. I ask them what the difference was between the
Z500's and Z800's, he said not much. He said they have a little smaller fuel tank, Kohler v. Kaw., speed, tire size, not enough for me to go Z810A.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-26-2009, 11:01 PM
John Deere Z520A w/ 60" 7Iron. I was awesome! I'm either getting a Z510A w/48" or
Z520A w/ 54", both 7Iron decks. I ask them what the difference was between the
Z500's and Z800's, he said not much. He said they have a little smaller fuel tank, Kohler v. Kaw., speed, tire size, not enough for me to go Z810A.

You won't regret getting commercial equipment.

Cuttinitclose
06-27-2009, 12:08 PM
You won't regret getting commercial equipment.

What do you mean? Go with Z810A or Z510/20A?
He said its basically a commercial mower with a little smaller features. They share the same frame, deck, and size motor.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-27-2009, 01:03 PM
What do you mean? Go with Z810A or Z510/20A?
He said its basically a commercial mower with a little smaller features. They share the same frame, deck, and size motor.

I don't know about JD lineup, but I know that estate ZTR is NOT commercial. The salesman will try to tell you that, buts it not.

1993lx172
06-27-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't know about JD lineup, but I know that estate ZTR is NOT commercial. The salesman will try to tell you that, buts it not.

The Z500 estate series is based on the same frame, deck, and features of the Z800a's. The 500's are smaller and have a different engine but they have the same 7 iron deck. You may be thinking of the EZtrac's that you see in home depot those are NOT even close to being commercial units.

Cuttinitclose
06-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Got an eXmark catolog and DVD in the mail today. I'll give them a look.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-27-2009, 06:48 PM
The Z500 estate series is based on the same frame, deck, and features of the Z800a's. The 500's are smaller and have a different engine but they have the same 7 iron deck. You may be thinking of the EZtrac's that you see in home depot those are NOT even close to being commercial units.

I know, but brands usually make 3 brands of mowers. Ones for small residential use(lowe's, HD), then those for estate use(about 20 acres a week), then they make commercial which is for 8 hrs a day, every day.

Got an eXmark catolog and DVD in the mail today. I'll give them a look.

Get an eXmark over a JD:):):):)

1993lx172
06-27-2009, 07:24 PM
I know, but brands usually make 3 brands of mowers. Ones for small residential use(lowe's, HD), then those for estate use(about 20 acres a week), then they make commercial which is for 8 hrs a day, every day.

Get an eXmark over a JD:):):):)

I know what you're talking about, they are fine for today's home owner that lives in a subdivision that just wants something to cut the grass and that's it. But for the people who care they always take the next step and get more well built model. For what Cuttinitclose is doing it should be fine until his business gets larger, and even then it should hold up for him. Look at what I use on a daily basis, the sales guy at my dealer is an LCO and he runs 820a's 830a's and an 840a and he still runs a few of the Lx170 series on a daily basis for gates and smaller yards.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-27-2009, 07:29 PM
I know what you're talking about, they are fine for today's home owner that lives in a subdivision that just wants something to cut the grass and that's it. But for the people who care they always take the next step and get more well built model. For what Cuttinitclose is doing it should be fine until his business gets larger, and even then it should hold up for him. Look at what I use on a daily basis, the sales guy at my dealer is an LCO and he runs 820a's 830a's and an 840a and he still runs a few of the Lx170 series on a daily basis for gates and smaller yards.

If he is going to buy brand new, he should just go all the way commercial that will last him now and when and if he becomes big.

1993lx172
06-27-2009, 08:17 PM
I think he is just trying to get what he can afford but I see your point and that does make good sense. Cuttin' have you tried looking at used 800a's? When people were trading them in before Deere came out with the upgrade kit and there were a ton in dealer's used lots. When the kit came out they all should gave gotten them installed. My dealer had six in the lot with less than 80 hours on them and they had just finished the last one when I came in to get my part.The sales guy had me test drive one of them (820a with a 60" 7 ironII:drinkup:) he said the going price for that one was only 6500 out the door:dizzy:. I didn't ask about the 810 next to it or else I might have written him a check for it. The next week when I came to get a new belt there was only that 820 left and it had a sold sticker on it. So instead of spending your money on a new estate model, for about the same money you can have a nearly new commercial unit, just make sure that it has the up grade kit on first.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-27-2009, 08:28 PM
I think he is just trying to get what he can afford but I see your point and that does make good sense. Cuttin' have you tried looking at used 800a's? When people were trading them in before Deere came out with the upgrade kit and there were a ton in dealer's used lots. When the kit came out they all should gave gotten them installed. My dealer had six in the lot with less than 80 hours on them and they had just finished the last one when I came in to get my part.The sales guy had me test drive one of them (820a with a 60" 7 ironII:drinkup:) he said the going price for that one was only 6500 out the door:dizzy:. I didn't ask about the 810 next to it or else I might have written him a check for it. The next week when I came to get a new belt there was only that 820 left and it had a sold sticker on it. So instead of spending your money on a new estate model, for about the same money you can have a nearly new commercial unit, just make sure that it has the up grade kit on first.

All I got to say about Cuttin get used equipment is been there done that.

Cuttinitclose
06-27-2009, 09:02 PM

Get an eXmark over a JD:):):):) 20 acres is 20x bigger than what I do now probably more. I only have about 1 acre now.

If he is going to buy brand new, he should just go all the way commercial that will last him now and when and if he becomes big. If I have the money when it comes to buy I will. But right now a Estate series should do the trick until I get out of HS.

All I got to say about Cuttin get used equipment is been there done that.
:laugh:

Cuttinitclose
06-27-2009, 09:31 PM
What does the Z810A cost w/ 48"deck?

LouisianaLawnboy
06-27-2009, 09:35 PM
How much for commerical and how much for estate
Posted via Mobile Device

Cuttinitclose
06-27-2009, 09:45 PM
How much for commerical and how much for estate
Posted via Mobile Device

What?

$6,700 Before taxes for the Z510A w/ 48"
$7,300 before taxes for the Z520A w/ 54".

I want to know what the prices are for JD Z810A w/ 48" and Exmark Lazer Z AS w/ 48". The "AS" is suppose to be "cheapest".

1993lx172
06-27-2009, 11:00 PM
What?

$6,700 Before taxes for the Z510A w/ 48"
$7,300 before taxes for the Z520A w/ 54".

I want to know what the prices are for JD Z810A w/ 48" and Exmark Lazer Z AS w/ 48". The "AS" is suppose to be "cheapest".

According to Deere's site the 810a is around $8,209 but as a rule of thumb when you get to your dealer most times any thing is between $500-$1500 less for most big ticket items (tractors, ZTRs, and lawn and garden tractors) then what the web site says. I was quoted 7k even for a new 09 810a with 48" cut last time I was there (Thursday) but it is different every where. But generally you can get your dealer to come down on price a little bit and if you trade in your rider that will help as well. I don't know about eXmark's prices.

TurfTrimmer 92
06-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Mulch bed look good.

-Bill

Cuttinitclose
06-28-2009, 03:09 PM
According to Deere's site the 810a is around $8,209 but as a rule of thumb when you get to your dealer most times any thing is between $500-$1500 less for most big ticket items (tractors, ZTRs, and lawn and garden tractors) then what the web site says. I was quoted 7k even for a new 09 810a with 48" cut last time I was there (Thursday) but it is different every where. But generally you can get your dealer to come down on price a little bit and if you trade in your rider that will help as well. I don't know about eXmark's prices.
I always thought buying outright knocked the price down because they don't have to sell your trade-in. IDK. Thanks

Mulch bed look good.

-Bill
Thanks

nnj18
06-28-2009, 05:38 PM
I would buy the JD's.....they're cheaper and cut just as good as an exmark.....some of the guys get all carried away about the mowers the bottom line is you're cutting GRASS and you want to get as much profit as possible. There is a very small profit margin mowing and anyway you can increase it you should....

Cuttinitclose
06-28-2009, 09:35 PM
I would buy the JD's.....they're cheaper and cut just as good as an exmark.....some of the guys get all carried away about the mowers the bottom line is you're cutting GRASS and you want to get as much profit as possible. There is a very small profit margin mowing and anyway you can increase it you should....

I plan to.

1993lx172
06-29-2009, 12:50 AM
I always thought buying outright knocked the price down because they don't have to sell your trade-in. IDK. Thanks

No problem dude. As for the trade in they may give you cash or credit totaling the value of the your unit towards your next purchase or give you cash for it. With today's economy people are looking to save money and buying used is one way to do it. When I test drove that 820a there were about eight used riders right next to it and when I was there last Thursday there were about three left so them being worried about not being able to move it might not be a problem.

Do you plan on keeping the 115 or are you trading it in/selling it? When or if you do buy the JD, go ahead and get the hitch (but you have to get the bumper which is $80 according to the catalog) for it ($26). But you may need to extend it because of the ball hitch setup on your trailer. I've got the catalog for the estate series right here next to me and it says that it has a 400 lbs towing capacity so that should handle your towing needs.

Cuttinitclose
06-29-2009, 03:51 PM
No problem dude. As for the trade in they may give you cash or credit totaling the value of the your unit towards your next purchase or give you cash for it. With today's economy people are looking to save money and buying used is one way to do it. When I test drove that 820a there were about eight used riders right next to it and when I was there last Thursday there were about three left so them being worried about not being able to move it might not be a problem.

Do you plan on keeping the 115 or are you trading it in/selling it? When or if you do buy the JD, go ahead and get the hitch (but you have to get the bumper which is $80 according to the catalog) for it ($26). But you may need to extend it because of the ball hitch setup on your trailer. I've got the catalog for the estate series right here next to me and it says that it has a 400 lbs towing capacity so that should handle your towing needs.

I haven't decided what to do with the 114.

If I get it next year I will have a trailer and truck. If I get it this year (doubtful). I will have to get the bumper and hitch.

Cuttinitclose
07-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Picked up a new account today. It was about 2ft tall, NO LIE. I had to take half swipes slowly but it did the job. She said just to do it every 2 wks from now on. She wrote me a check for $100 and said to let her know when it runs out. Which will be in 2wks.(Next Mow)

I need something for trimming thick stuff w/ bike handles. I was thinking about a FS130 or FS250 but it will be while before I buy those.

The hedge job has been delayed by the customer. Which is fine as I don't have Hedge Trimmers yet.

Cuttinitclose
07-08-2009, 10:30 AM
I meet with my school principal this morning about the grounds at the school. He said they we're working on it but he wants me to help. He told me to draw up the new landscape on paper and figure out all the cost and that stuff. I will post pics tomorrow and take measurements. He said it will be a slow process but by next spring we should start. He is also a landscaper w/ his own business so we will be working together on this. So basically what ever I draw up and after we make changes together I will be able to say I landscaped the school. I can't wait!

Cuttinitclose
07-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Bump................

93Chevy
07-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Congrats on your new account and possible work at your school. Be careful with that new lady, she might be under the impression that $100 will last longer than 2 cuts. I hope you discussed pricing with her before you started.

Not trying to be a downer, but it's something to keep in mind.

rusty_keg_3
07-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Dang, i just read this whole thread. You are doing good from what i see, 3 New Stihls... and you are gonna design the landscaping for the school... Nice, i like your stuff. Good luck with this year, post more pics too, did you ever do those huge hedges?

Cuttinitclose
07-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Congrats on your new account and possible work at your school. Be careful with that new lady, she might be under the impression that $100 will last longer than 2 cuts. I hope you discussed pricing with her before you started.

Not trying to be a downer, but it's something to keep in mind.
Ya I have to call her tomorrow and tell her to send me more.

Dang, i just read this whole thread. You are doing good from what i see, 3 New Stihls... and you are gonna design the landscaping for the school... Nice, i like your stuff. Good luck with this year, post more pics too, did you ever do those huge hedges?

Thanks!
No the customer postponed the project until fall.

Cuttinitclose
07-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Went and measure the school, but no pictures. I will post them for sure though! I figured out that I need a skidsteer or CUT. I have a Bobcat, Deere, Kubota, and Case dealer all within 30 miles so whichever is cheaper we will go with. I will have my license when it comes time so I can pick it up.

Got permission from authoritys for letting me use a Gator for the town celebration. I have to call the dealer today and tell them when to drop it off ( July 25th-Aug 3rd).

1993lx172
07-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Went and measure the school, but no pictures. I will post them for sure though! I figured out that I need a skidsteer or CUT. I have a Bobcat, Deere, Kubota, and Case dealer all within 30 miles so whichever is cheaper we will go with. I will have my license when it comes time so I can pick it up.

Got permission from authoritys for letting me use a Gator for the town celebration. I have to call the dealer today and tell them when to drop it off ( July 25th-Aug 3rd).

You're renting the skid loader right? Good job on getting the school job. Have you decided on a ZTR yet?

Cuttinitclose
07-09-2009, 10:36 PM
You're renting the skid loader right? Good job on getting the school job. Have you decided on a ZTR yet?

Yes, rent. I got the landscape job. Either Deere or Exmark.

bighaydenslawn
07-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Yes, rent. I got the landscape job. Either Deere or Exmark.

Man that's great, how much landscaping are we talking?

My school could use a facelift and I know the superintendent well.... might try to sell them on some plants and mulch !!

BTW, I know you have been Deere and Exmark all along, but if you have that kind of a price range and a good dealer take a look at a Scag Tiger Cub. I checked one out at my STIHL dealer today and they look like awesome machines. I will prob. upgrade to that or a Wildcat when my Z425 has put in it's hours.

Cuttinitclose
07-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Man that's great, how much landscaping are we talking?

My school could use a facelift and I know the superintendent well.... might try to sell them on some plants and mulch !!

BTW, I know you have been Deere and Exmark all along, but if you have that kind of a price range and a good dealer take a look at a Scag Tiger Cub. I checked one out at my STIHL dealer today and they look like awesome machines. I will prob. upgrade to that or a Wildcat when my Z425 has put in it's hours.

ALOT! I will post pics. I dont have a dealer nearby.

Cuttinitclose
07-10-2009, 11:51 AM
So much for pics today. Oh well we need the rain.

mowerdude777
07-10-2009, 12:50 PM
So much for pics today. Oh well we need the rain.

Lucky we have not gotten a good soaking in a lonnnnng time, we NEED it

Cuttinitclose
07-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Little Update: I'm going to Peoria Wed. and might stop at Hoerr Nursery to look at plants for the school to give me some ideas. I am working on pics, they will be up tomorrow if its not raining.

JD trimmer: Stupid thing won't start. Nobody seems to carry spark plugs. AutoZone, O'rielys, NOPE. I had to order them, they should be here Wed. I might buy a Stihl 110 Kombi Wed. too. Im sick of the JD.

The ZTR: I am still looking at ZTR's. I'm calling Mon to see if I can demo the dealers personal mower at the dealer. So far I'm looking at JD, Exmark, and BadBoy. I'm interested to see if John Deere is coming out with a new commercial line.

Push mower: I know it's a Crapsman resi. but for as long as Ive had it I'm not real satisfied with it. So next year will bring a new Toro, Lawnboy, or Honda.

Stihl Trimmer: I do not like the head on it. Does anyone know if a Shindiawa Speed Feed will fit it?

LouisianaLawnboy
07-12-2009, 08:52 PM
They do make the adapters. I have a speedfeed on my redmax.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cuttinitclose
07-12-2009, 09:30 PM
They do make the adapters. I have a speedfeed on my redmax.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks! I thinks theres a dealer around here.

mowerdude777
07-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Little Update: I'm going to Peoria Wed. and might stop at Hoerr Nursery to look at plants for the school to give me some ideas. I am working on pics, they will be up tomorrow if its not raining.

JD trimmer: Stupid thing won't start. Nobody seems to carry spark plugs. AutoZone, O'rielys, NOPE. I had to order them, they should be here Wed. I might buy a Stihl 110 Kombi Wed. too. Im sick of the JD.

The ZTR: I am still looking at ZTR's. I'm calling Mon to see if I can demo the dealers personal mower at the dealer. So far I'm looking at JD, Exmark, and BadBoy. I'm interested to see if John Deere is coming out with a new commercial line.

Push mower: I know it's a Crapsman resi. but for as long as Ive had it I'm not real satisfied with it. So next year will bring a new Toro, Lawnboy, or Honda.

Stihl Trimmer: I do not like the head on it. Does anyone know if a Shindiawa Speed Feed will fit it?

Why are you even usin the jd trimmer, for the new 21 go with toro or lb, I once had a honda and the selfpropell cable broke at least once every season, so the hondas are junk as far as I can see

93Chevy
07-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Not trying to be a Richard, but why do you need 2 trimmers? I can only use one at a time, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Cuttinitclose
07-12-2009, 10:45 PM
I bought the JD last year. I now use it as a backup. I try to use it at my place so it at least gets used a little.

mowerdude777
07-13-2009, 12:10 PM
I bought the JD last year. I now use it as a backup. I try to use it at my place so it at least gets used a little.

oh okay, I some times do that with my echo gt1100 trimmer and sthil bg 55 blower so they do not just collest dust

Cuttinitclose
07-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Going to demo mowers at JD. Will post pics and review later.

Cuttinitclose
07-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Well I mowed the entire dealer in about an hour w/ a Z520A w/ 60" 7 Iron deck. I asked him what the differences are between the Z500's and Z800's and he said. Tad narrower frame, smaller fuel cap., tires, Kohler v. Kaw. They both have the same Parker hydro systems, deck, etc. He said this unit will last as long as the 800's if you maintain them and take care of them.

The differances don't justify the cost of the 800's for me. It rode nice and smooth. The only thing is that I would get the 54" instead of the 60". It alos has the deck lift and pto shutoff on the sticks.

Wont let me upload pics for some reason.

freemason
07-15-2009, 11:27 AM
well, i gotta say i'm very disgusted by the blatant rudeness is coming from some of the people posting in here. a few of you have just straight out shot him down, critiquing his business and how making it sound like he's some dumb ass kid. he came here for advice, the least you can do is say "i wouldnt finance it you're young". did you wake up one day with 50 accounts at your door? no you didn't. but none of that matters. heres the bottom line; this is a kid starting a business and obviously has lots of ambition and drive to do well. the way i see this is it makes no difference if he finances a mower, buy's a used mower cash, or keeps using what he has. he's only 15 and he's doing something positive with his life and quite frankly that should be the only thing that means something when you're 15.

my opinion, if you can finance it, do it. keep up on the maintenance, put as much money towards the mower as you possible can and by the time you're 20 it'll be paid off, and you'll have a nice mower still going strong, or you can trade it in for something new. either way keep doing what your doing.

thats my 2 cents

freemason
07-15-2009, 11:59 AM
i posted this in the wrong thread! ha

LouisianaLawnboy
07-15-2009, 12:34 PM

That's funny.
Posted via Mobile Device

1993lx172
07-15-2009, 06:06 PM

I was about to say, he hasn't mentioned any thing about a down payment in this thread yet.

Cuttinitclose
07-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Went to buy a Z520 but they were out and John Deere "Ran out" so to speak. He then proceeded to say for $8 more a/mth, I could have a Z810A w/ 54". He's calling a dealer in the Quad Cities because they were suppose to have 2. I hope they do. I'll know tomorrow if they do or not. If not he will keep looking for a Z810.

1993lx172
07-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Great job man, you are going to see your productivity skyrocket now. If you have enough yards you could have that paid off within the next year. If I didn't have college coming up this fall I would have an 810a sitting in the garage next to the LX172. At least Deere has the problems with the drive pumps solved. You did ask if it had the upgrade kit on it right? Enjoy the new Deere if you take care of it it should last as long as mine has.

LouisianaLawnboy
07-15-2009, 10:55 PM
John Deere "Ran out" so to speak. He then proceeded to say for $8 more a/mth, I could have a Z810A w/ 54". He's calling a dealer in the Quad Cities because they were suppose to have 2. I hope they do. I'll know tomorrow if they do or not. If not he will keep looking for a Z810.

There an old joke about "Nothing runs like a deer when there is a Case on the field"

Don't let that salesman sell you something by how much a month. If somebody starts all that junk about this much more a month or add 6 more months, I'll walk away. Worry about the bottom line price, not monthly.

You really need to go to the library and read a book by Dave Ramsey "Total Money Makeover."

Duffster
07-15-2009, 11:01 PM
There an old joke about "Nothing runs like a deer when there is a Case on the field"

Don't let that salesman sell you something by how much a month. If somebody starts all that junk about this much more a month or add 6 more months, I'll walk away. Worry about the bottom line price, not monthly.

You really need to go to the library and read a book by Dave Ramsey "Total Money Makeover."

And when your done reading it give it to your parents, they obviously need it too.

Cuttinitclose
07-15-2009, 11:16 PM
Great job man, you are going to see your productivity skyrocket now. If you have enough yards you could have that paid off within the next year. If I didn't have college coming up this fall I would have an 810a sitting in the garage next to the LX172. At least Deere has the problems with the drive pumps solved. You did ask if it had the upgrade kit on it right? Enjoy the new Deere if you take care of it it should last as long as mine has.
Thanks! I service them more then they should probably.

LouisianaLawnboy
07-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Do you have your learner's permit yet?

Cuttinitclose
07-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Do you have your learner's permit yet?

2 1/2 months!!

I know you guys will b**** but my grandma has been saving money for me to buy a vehicle since I was a kid. It has to got toward a vehicle though. Looking for a 2500HD. I get the $$ on Jan 28th 2010.

I can have it paid off in a year and a half or less.(ZTR)

LouisianaLawnboy
07-15-2009, 11:35 PM
2 1/2 months!!

I know you guys will b**** but my grandma has been saving money for me to buy a vehicle since I was a kid. It has to got toward a vehicle though. Looking for a 2500HD. I get the $$ on Jan 28th 2010.

I can have it paid off in a year and a half or less.(ZTR)

I thought you said you were 15. It might be different where you are, but here in the "Sportsman Paradise" you get your learner's permit at 15, int at 16, and full at 17.

Also I'm Ford man. :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: But being you own GM you might get a better deal.:laugh:

Cuttinitclose
07-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Yes Im fifteen and 7 months. I start DE in Aug at school and get my permit in Sept or Oct. If I was a month older I would have it now. I like GM better but Id buy a Ford too. NO DODGE for me.

LouisianaLawnboy
07-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Yes Im fifteen and 7 months. I start DE in Aug at school and get my permit in Sept or Oct. If I was a month older I would have it now. I like GM better but Id buy a Ford too. NO DODGE for me.

Yea, Dodge is last on my list.

1. Ford f-250 or f-150

2. Toyo Tacoma

3. Chevy

4. Bike

5. Dodge

Duffster
07-15-2009, 11:41 PM
We get our licenses at 16 here.

Cuttinitclose
07-15-2009, 11:45 PM
We get our licenses at 16 here.

Here its 9 months AND 50hrs. No matter if your already 16 or not

Cuttinitclose
07-15-2009, 11:47 PM
Yea, Dodge is last on my list.

1. Ford f-250 or f-150

2. Toyo Tacoma

3. Chevy

4. Bike

5. Dodge

1. GMC / Chevy 2500
2. " " 1500
3. Ford F250
4. Toyota Tundra
5. Dodge... has to have a Cummins though.

LouisianaLawnboy
07-15-2009, 11:48 PM
I had to take DE. It was supposed to be 30 hrs class time and 6 hrs driving. My instructor did like maybe 10 hrs class time and 1.5 driving.:D:D:D Guess thats why I'm such a good driver. Hahaha

1993lx172
07-16-2009, 02:52 AM
Thanks! I service them more then they should probably.

Maintenance is key, I change my oil and oil filter at the start of the season and check it before starting it each morning and after lunch. The grease points get hit every month with John Deere heavy duty grease and the blades are done every two weeks and the deck is also cleaned at that point depending on how much use they have seen. But all in all after around seventeen years, the last seven in use in my lawn service, it has been pretty reliable, a few minor things here and there but that's normal. You won't regret it.

KCfireman
07-16-2009, 03:09 AM
awww, such young pups.

LouisianaLawnboy
07-16-2009, 09:27 AM
awww, such young pups.

How old are you grandpa?
Posted via Mobile Device

Cuttinitclose
07-16-2009, 11:10 AM
How old are you grandpa?
Posted via Mobile Device
Just turned 60.

Cuttinitclose
07-16-2009, 01:41 PM
He called me today and said. The salesman in the QC's will go to his Lesco dealership tonite, as there is not anyone there today. He will get the Serial# to see if it needs a Upgrade Kit and Kleines will pick it up Monday. It will be delivered Monday or Tuesday.

Cuttinitclose
07-18-2009, 06:32 PM
I hate waiting. I am like a little kid at Christmas. I'll try to get pics of the school tonite or tomorrow.

Duffster
07-18-2009, 11:59 PM
I hate waiting.

So do banks :rolleyes:

LouisianaLawnboy
07-19-2009, 12:07 AM
I hate waiting. I am like a little kid at Christmas. I'll try to get pics of the school tonite or tomorrow.

Promises promises promises
Posted via Mobile Device

Cuttinitclose
07-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Promises promises promises
Posted via Mobile Device

I know...........:D:laugh:.

Cuttinitclose
07-19-2009, 11:27 AM
So do banks :rolleyes:

Not everyone can afford to buy w/ cash in a pinch. If they hate it so much they wouldn't give it out.

Duffster
07-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Not everyone can afford to buy w/ cash in a pinch. If they hate it so much they wouldn't give it out.

LOL But you ain't in a pinch.

freshprince94
07-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Hey that's awesome that you're getting a ZTR. Congrats bro. Make sure to post pics.

Cuttinitclose
07-19-2009, 09:54 PM
LOL But you ain't in a pinch. Like I said the 115 is getting slower and slower in the rear end. Better to be prepared.

Hey that's awesome that you're getting a ZTR. Congrats bro. Make sure to post pics.

Thanks. It should be here Tues if all goes according to plan.

mowerdude777
07-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Like I said the 115 is getting slower and slower in the rear end. Better to be prepared.

Thanks. It should be here Tues if all goes according to plan.

Sweet, I never have gotten any of my walk behinds new, but I know how exciting it is for a new mower to arive is

Cuttinitclose
07-20-2009, 03:53 PM
It will be here Wed for sure, possibly tomorrow.

mowerdude777
07-20-2009, 05:38 PM
It will be here Wed for sure, possibly tomorrow.

cool hope you like it, are you going to sell the tractor, or keep it as a spare mower

Cuttinitclose
07-20-2009, 06:01 PM
cool hope you like it, are you going to sell the tractor, or keep it as a spare mower

It will be used as a rough cut mower for tall stuff if needed. Also to plow snow and pull stuff.

mowerdude777
07-20-2009, 06:32 PM
It will be used as a rough cut mower for tall stuff if needed. Also to plow snow and pull stuff.

oh, allright, I use my ferris as a rough cut mower, as well as a gated backyard mower

Cuttinitclose
07-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Picked up another account today. Its where I lived 8 years ago. Its just until the new people move in. (Yes there have been people living there since we moved out). Anyway the PO asked me if I would do it until then. I might even be able to do it after that IDK.

Cuttinitclose
07-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Should be here around 9AM. Plenty of time to spray Fluid Film and wax it before I start.

freshprince94
07-21-2009, 08:44 PM
And time to grab some pics. Haha.

Cuttinitclose
07-21-2009, 08:45 PM
And time to grab some pics. Haha.

I got the battery on the charger now.