PDA

View Full Version : paver finishing touches on existing deck?

xtreem3d
03-22-2009, 09:07 PM
hi guys,
i don't do pavers often at all but recently did my patio that has an existing deck with 4 4x4 posts already in the patio's area. i have a couple questions (sorry no pics). whatever saw your using (mine was a rigid wet saw) are you able to make "notch" cuts ( for lack of a better term) to go around the post that DON"T leave a cut line beyond the notch? you can picture a round blade has to go further across the paver to reach the desired cut depth leaveing a cut line in the paver. the next question is... how do some of you finish the patio with posts already there? here's what i did ...my first idea was to take a paver and split it with my block splitter and do a 1 or2 high "pillar" around each post base to dress them up. the problem was the rear most posts were too close to a wall so that i would only be able to the front posts and the back wouldn't match. in the end what i did was take some left over treated wood the deck was built out of and make my own "shoe/crown" molding at the base of each post which turned out nice . soooo just curious how some off you finish them off?
thanks,
steve