PDA

View Full Version : Exmark 46" Hp chute opening

michaelee2
03-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Does anyone know what size the chute opening on a 46" Exmark HP is. Gonna cut out me a piece of metal to stick over the end of it until I can get me a chute blocker in. Have a couple yards this week that have some left over leaves and stuff in them I would like to cut up good. :rolleyes:

MikeKle
03-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Do you mean a turf tracer HP? I have a 52" deck and a blocker that would cover the chute on mine is 14" long and 7-8" wide, but depending on your model year and deck type, yours might be different. I have never seen an HP with a 46", Ive only seen 48" decks?? Just to be sure go out and measure the opening and you will know!! Dont understand why you would post this question when you couldve just measured the opening yourself? Am I missing something?

michaelee2
03-23-2009, 12:24 AM
Its a rider. I ask because I am at work and was gonna pick up a piece of metal here tonight out of our scrap metal pile. I was going to measure before I left today but forgot.

Think Green
03-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Michaelee2,
I have a couple of your units and we bought the mulch kits for them. I used an 1/8" piece of sheet metal over the opening. It will surfice but will not even come close to the full mulching kit. The force delivered by the blade tip speed will leave a pile toward the discharge side. You will have to make overcuts to solve the problem. If it is in your budget, go and buy a kit..........The last time I checked they were 250.00...have your dealer put them on..

integrityman
03-23-2009, 02:00 AM
I have a 46" Exmark. The mulch kits work really well for leaves too. Grinds them spectacularly. Almost a powder. Go for the mulch kit.

michaelee2
03-23-2009, 02:39 AM
Not gonna get a mulch kit. I am going to get ocdc. I never mulch just side discharge all my lawns but I need a ocdc for mowing around stuff. I was just gonna slap the plate on for a mowing or 2 until I get my ocdc in and on.