PDA

View Full Version : trimmers and edgers

LangdonsLawns
03-23-2009, 12:07 AM
Evening everyone

My question is i'm going to be purchasing a new trimmer some time next week and have looked at the new echo-265t and like it preety nice but have been impressed with the redmax triimers for weight and re-spooling but dont know anything else about them.also going to be looking at the stick edgers in redmax can anyone give me any advice on these products or are they about the same as echo. Thanks

Dennis:usflag:

mississippiturf
03-23-2009, 12:19 AM
They're all good products. My Redmax trimmer is not as easy to "tap and go" as my Stihls. Dealer confidence/reputation should play a major rule in your decision.

LangdonsLawns
03-23-2009, 12:21 AM
thanks see stuff like that makes a difference

TuffWork
03-23-2009, 02:10 AM
No experience with Redmax, but did see someone on another thread dogging Redmax. Myself and many others here prefer stihl. Echo seems to be a close second. I switched to stihl this time last year after an echo disappointed me.

joshco84
03-23-2009, 08:50 AM
I would go with echo. I dont think any other brand touches it as far as value for your dollar.

DLAWNS
03-23-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm a Redmax guy myself. I have all Redmax trimmers, edgers, and blowers and love them.

fazzy815-66
03-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Redmax have served me well. Also love shidaiwa. I never have used echo trimmers so I have no say good or bad;)

CCC52
03-23-2009, 10:07 AM
I've got an aging Echo myself but I don't see where you could go wrong with any of the big name commercial units. I'd say that holds especially true if you're buying the tool for yourself. Take good care of it and it should serve you well. Can't really comment on the stick edgers but I'm thinking split-boom for versalitilty since I don't do a bunch of city lots (very few concrete drives/walks on my route).

genesis215
03-23-2009, 11:00 PM
There are two main things to know about choosing a trimmer and edger. First of all, all the big name commercial brands such as Echo, Stihl, Shindaiwa, RedMax, Kawasaki, and Tanaka are all very good and reliable. Just pick what you like: you can't go wrong with any of them. Secondly, good dealer support is very important, so go with a dealer that is good at getting parts for you quickly, and is good to deal with.

I have run all Shindaiwa and RedMax so far. But I am eager to replace all of my equipment with the Stihl 4-MIX trimmers and edgers because they are such nice machines compared to the ones I have. They have much better power, and are MUCH MORE reliable than any of the modern EPA laden 2-strokes from other brands. That's just my opinion, but the Stihl 4-MIX's do present the very best value for the money that you can buy. The FS 90 for $299 is a great deal.

Like I said earlier, all the brands are great, so just pick what you like.

LangdonsLawns
03-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Thanks everyone for the great advice I do thank you all

Dennis

terrapro
03-25-2009, 09:12 AM
just picked up a pair of redmax 230 line trimmers for $400 and a redmax 260 stick edger for $320. i havent had a chance to use the line trimmers yet but the edger is a beast, i love it!