PDA

View Full Version : A little fyi!!

grasschopperofchicago
03-23-2009, 02:00 AM
I am not going to search the threads on here to see if this has been posted yet, so I will just post it.

I am just offereing this out there for some of you that may be newer and looking for ideas for marketing and targeting.

If you are in the Midwest right now, there are a lot of chem-lawn and Scotts signs going up these last couple of weeks, if you are seeking lawncare accounts, might not be a bad idea to target those particular clients--It is obvious they hire out Fert jobs, so they aren't against hiring services!

I personally am not looking for a lot of business, we have a pretty full schedule, but if I were to approach them...I would sell the idea that professional lawn care goes hand in hand with professional fert application!

Just a thought for an angle for new guys or maybe some ole timers !!

CCC52
03-23-2009, 02:24 AM
Not a bad idea, some folks that mow their own only need a little nudge. There are the guys who like it and the gals who like to tan but how many people really enjoy the job? Quite a few recent builds near my parent's house that hire out the chems but still mow their own I intend to target with zeal starting tomorrow(justifies hauling my equipment to mow Mom and Dad's place instead of wasting a few hours on the garden tractor).

On a side note, those chem folks have got to be pushing some deals now that their productivity time is lightning fast with those ZTS units? Watched a dude blow out a 2 acre lot without shutting off the truck a few days back. (I know they don't like to back down on their prices but that equipment swap had to create some big holes in the scheduling)