PDA

View Full Version : IN Need of Help!

NEWFINISH
03-23-2009, 03:08 AM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=qhttp://maps.google.com/maps?q=http%3A%2F%2Fgooglemap%2F&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=il&source=s_q&hl=en&q=37725+Pembroke+Ave,+Livonia,+Wayne,+Michigan+48152&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=35.631106,78.75&ie=UTF8&cd=4&geocode=FSx4hwIdxh8H-w&split=0&ll=42.431958,-83.418095&spn=0.002027,0.006845&t=h&z=18&iwloc=addr

This is my first time bidding commercial properties and I got the opporutunity to bid on tihs property and I need help ASAP please. The manager wants to get weekly cuts, biweekly edges, trash pickup, and weeding when neccessary. Can someone help me please?

NEWFINISH
03-23-2009, 03:22 AM
I forgot the property manager wants three seperate bids for the area surrounding the three buildings and the small strips of grass between them.

topsites
03-23-2009, 06:09 AM
I would call this gentleman back, apologize and say that you appreciate the opportunity,
however at this time you feel ill prepared for the extent of the project.

Because...
That bid, based on that picture?
Will likely fall anywhere between say... 10 and 75 thousand, even that is still a bit rough.
Say if the bid is off by 5 or 10 or 20 thousand and they accept it and it's too low?
If it's too high they likely won't accept it, but they'll scramble as bad as you if you have to drop it mid-season, as one example.

The other thing is, I could be wrong but I don't think he wanted all 3 bids from you :p

Which, all in all that tells me this could be a bit too big a bite to chew.
And I don't mean it in a bad way, I really don't.

kaferhaus
03-23-2009, 09:15 AM
You are ill prepared to even be bidding on this job. Stick to residentials until you get more experience and learn to communicate better with potential customers. Looks to me that you didn't even get enough information out of them to begin to prepare a proper bid.

I doubt he wanted three separate bids, likely he wanted those areas "broken out" IE: listed individually on the bid.

As the other poster wisely said, thank him for the opportunity and go back to doing what you know how to do.

NEWFINISH
03-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Thats what I meant by three bids, the manager wanted the three properties to be listed individually. What other things am I illl prepared on?

ALC-GregH
03-23-2009, 11:04 AM
What other things am I illl prepared on?

bidding a commercial account. If you have to ask someone else what to bid, then your not ready to bid on it.

NEWFINISH
03-23-2009, 11:36 AM
I estimated $500-$600 percut per building. There are a s**t load of trees and benches that I have to trim around and thats a lot of area to edge and I cant cut before 8am so the liablity is higher because of customers and cars, its a medical building. For the season from april 1st to november 1sr I was thinking about 12000-14000 per property. I just wanted to get an opinon because the bid is do in asap and see if that sounded right, I guess i should have said that first . I just looked at the property as being one really big residential.

NEWFINISH
03-23-2009, 01:11 PM
How do you guys bid on commercial properties?

kaferhaus
03-23-2009, 01:36 PM
use the search function.... that's why it's there.

NEWFINISH
03-23-2009, 02:34 PM
I was asking you personally but if you dont want to help then dont respond

ALC-GregH
03-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Lets see. Your posting your 7th post and your asking everyone how to bid on commercial properties. Have you ever bid a residential before?

DLCS
03-23-2009, 02:53 PM
How is anyone here suppose to give you a price without actually walking the property or even seeing it in person? Besides who cares what someone on lawnsite would bid, what do you need out of the job, that is the question.

N&CLandscaping
03-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Give us more info please!!! Dementions, more pics, area location!?... Something other than a small pic and asking us to help you. But From that pic, To be honest it does not look that bad, If it is weekly maintenance, I would off the top of my head figure a 3-4 man crew for doing everything there, and it is going to take a few hours every week at minimum!! If you are a one man crew DO NOT TAKE THIS ON!! It may seem nice, but im telling you it will be more of a problem than you want. Just my 2 centtts

fazzy815-66
03-23-2009, 03:15 PM
I live close to your area... I can Help...but the Guys on here are right...more info is needed to bid properly on this account...also what kind of equipment do you have...pm me I'll try to help you

George

NEWFINISH
03-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Ill get the dimensions on here using a measuring wheel and ill upload some more pics. Im going to scope out the property again to make sure I can get some better details. I used a method I use on residential. If its going to take me 30 min to cut edge trim and blow Im chargin $30. 45 min $45 dollars and so on. I figured with the crew I got 3-4 people, somebody is not going to show up we'll knock it out in two and half hours maybe three. I got to add in pay for the employees, insurance gas, maintenance and so on and I look to pay myself 25hr the rest I put back in the business. I got two 48" exmark turf tracers, and two 36" exmark turf tracers 4 redmax weedwackers and 3 redmax blowers, a 21" toro recycler and other stuff. Im learning as I go so work with me.