PDA

View Full Version : securing mowers in dump trailer?

nbuzz
03-23-2009, 05:50 AM
Hey guys, this year I am seriously considering buying a dump trailer to replace my 5x12 utility trailer. lol, im just tired of unloading by hand.

since this will be my only trailer, it has to work well for both applications. I'm trying to figure out a way to strap down my walk behinds. i don't want a bunch of straps, chocks, etc bolted to the the floor; reason one being it'll catch a bunch of sh*# every time I dump, reason two I really dont wanna drill holes in the floor of $4500 trailer, and reason three is what if I get different mowers, I'll be stuck with holes from where the original crap was.

any ideas? or am i just being way to OCD about this?:laugh:

Littleriver1
03-23-2009, 06:30 AM
Mine came with D-rings in each corner.

2 clowns mowing
03-23-2009, 06:44 AM
if you have four sides don't worry about tieing down your mowers. my landscape trailer has 4 sides and we don't tie them down and it works fine

KGR landscapeing
03-23-2009, 07:40 AM
if you have four sides don't worry about tieing down your mowers. my landscape trailer has 4 sides and we don't tie them down and it works fine

remind me not to drive anywhere near you

nbuzz
03-23-2009, 07:47 AM
I'd rather have mine strapped in. the trailer im looking at has the d rings but i dont know how that works for the WB in the rear? I usually have the 36" sideways upfront and then the 52" pointed forward in the rear.

Im thinking prolockers is the easiest way, but not sure I wanna shell out the $$ for em.

pitrack
03-23-2009, 02:21 PM
I'm curios also, I'm thinking about doing the samething

LawnProLandCare
03-23-2009, 03:01 PM

wow your name fits your actions just well. another reason there should be a licensing standard for lco's nationwide to keep "clowns" out of the industry.

any piece of equipment in a trailer needs to be secured, having four sides isnt going to help you if you roll then the mower goes flying out into traffic and kills someone, hopefully dot will stop you before you hurt someone.

Ben's Landscape
03-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Just an idea that popped into my mind. What if you got your self a good set of rachet straps and went from a wooden side(if you are putting sides on) of the trailer to the other side in such a way that you can go around the mower handles. Also if it has the D-rings you could do the same thing. If you are putting sides on they you could bolt the weedwacker racks to it. Good luck with the new trailer!!!

kps2389
03-23-2009, 04:03 PM
I have D-ring welded to floor of my dump trailer. They work well for straping down pretty much anything you put in the trailer. You could probably also weld them to the sides if needed.

KGR landscapeing
03-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Theres only a few options i could come up with d rings and straps to the floors or wall which ever u like better. Or you could get bed bars like for a pick up bed or semi trailer They keep loads from shifting in a semi i am sure it will hold a mower

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger
03-31-2009, 08:07 AM
wow your name fits your actions just well. another reason there should be a licensing standard for lco's nationwide to keep "clowns" out of the industry.

any piece of equipment in a trailer needs to be secured, having four sides isnt going to help you if you roll then the mower goes flying out into traffic and kills someone, hopefully dot will stop you before you hurt someone.

Lol....agreed