PDA

View Full Version : FS-90 users

PLS-Tx
03-23-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm thinking of trying them.

I would like to here from you guys that have run the FS-90, and the Shindy T-260, and/or Echo-261.

I'm wanting to know how the Stihl FS-90 compares to the Shindy and the Echo. I have both, and I prefer the Echo, when I can get it started. :rolleyes:

I have never used a FS-90, but I do have BR-600's, and FS-110 edger, they are great, start easy and run great.

I did have a Stihl trimmer years ago, I don't remember the model, it was before the 4-mix came out. The main thing I didn't like, I didn't think it was well balanced. Maybe it was because I was used to Shindy, and it just felt different to me, not sure. Shindy was good back then, so I sold the Stihl and stayed with Shindy. Well, thanks to the EPA, Shindy is not so good anymore and I need to switch.

genesis215
03-23-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm thinking of trying them.

I would like to here from you guys that have run the FS-90, and the Shindy T-260, and/or Echo-261.

I'm wanting to know how the Stihl FS-90 compares to the Shindy and the Echo. I have both, and I prefer the Echo, when I can get it started. :rolleyes:

I have never used a FS-90, but I do have BR-600's, and FS-110 edger, they are great, start easy and run great.

I did have a Stihl trimmer years ago, I don't remember the model, it was before the 4-mix came out. The main thing I didn't like, I didn't think it was well balanced. Maybe it was because I was used to Shindy, and it just felt different to me, not sure. Shindy was good back then, so I sold the Stihl and stayed with Shindy. Well, thanks to the EPA, Shindy is not so good anymore and I need to switch.

I had a Shindaiwa T260, and I liked it pretty well. Good power, and always started an ran every time.

But...

I have run multiple FS 110's (which is very similar to the FS 90), and all I can say is WOW!!! No comparison. I couldn't pick up a T260 again. The power seems like double, and the noise level is way lower. Also way better on gas.

I know what you are talking about with the older Stihl's being unbalanced (specifically the FS 80 and 85). The FS 90 and FS 110 are extremely well balanced trimmers, and they weigh about the same as the Shindaiwa T260.

Two things I would do to the FS 90 to make it nicer and lighter would be to put a Shindaiwa Speed-Feed head on it, and put the handle from a Shindaiwa trimmer on it. I don't like the heads or the handles that come with them very well. Once you do this, it will be by far your favorite trimmer.

As far as reliability, they are up there with the 2-strokes, maybe even better. My friends have run them hard for 3 years straight, and have yet to have a problem out of any of them. They are fantastic. The FS 90 is by far the best trimmer for the money at only $299. Once you try one you will never go back to the old 2-strokes.

PLS-Tx
03-24-2009, 12:04 AM
I had a Shindaiwa T260, and I liked it pretty well. Good power, and always started an ran every time.

But...

I have run multiple FS 110's (which is very similar to the FS 90), and all I can say is WOW!!! No comparison. I couldn't pick up a T260 again. The power seems like double, and the noise level is way lower. Also way better on gas.

I know what you are talking about with the older Stihl's being unbalanced (specifically the FS 80 and 85). The FS 90 and FS 110 are extremely well balanced trimmers, and they weigh about the same as the Shindaiwa T260.

Two things I would do to the FS 90 to make it nicer and lighter would be to put a Shindaiwa Speed-Feed head on it, and put the handle from a Shindaiwa trimmer on it. I don't like the heads or the handles that come with them very well. Once you do this, it will be by far your favorite trimmer.

As far as reliability, they are up there with the 2-strokes, maybe even better. My friends have run them hard for 3 years straight, and have yet to have a problem out of any of them. They are fantastic. The FS 90 is by far the best trimmer for the money at only $299. Once you try one you will never go back to the old 2-strokes.

Thanks, this is the kind of info I'm looking for. And yes, I would put the speed-feed head on it, they are great.

Thanks

Pistol
03-24-2009, 12:09 AM
I just bought a FS 90R today along with a BR 600. Paid $271 for the "90". Very nice - ran it for about 20 min. lots of power, but didn't really test it hard.

johndeereguy
03-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Used to run Shindaiwa stuff, now all I run is Stihl, you will like it a lot better. I would never
go back, and for me the dealer support is a lot better

MnDLawn
03-24-2009, 12:17 AM
We run 4 FS-90's and we love them. I bought an Echo SRM-265 last year, boy was that a mistake, the 90's have a ton more torque and the ergonomics are light years ahead of Echo (Bike Handle). Anyone looking for a slightly used Echo?

4.3mudder
03-24-2009, 01:31 AM
The thing I do not like on the 4 mix trimmers is the throttle, there is no in between for RPM, it is either low or high, no middle spot like with a 2 cylce. That is the only complaint I have.

genesis215
03-24-2009, 10:48 AM
As far as the throttle being only able to do idle or full-speed RPM's and no mid-range, I have found this to not be the case. Unless you are in a very rushed mood. As long as you are patient to find the mid range spot with the trigger (it's not too hard, just more sensitive than the Shindaiwa trigger), I have found the mid-throttle range with the FS 110 to have even more power than the Shindaiwa T260 does at full throttle.

These engines have AMAZING torque at lower RPM's. Now when you get it up to full throttle, now you REALLY have power! It's almost impossible to bog these 4-MIX's down.

One thing I didn't mention before is that the FS 90 is actually superior to the 110 because it has a larger and less restrictive muffler, which enables the engine to run much cooler. So you're reliability, engine longevity, and ease of starting will be higher with the 90 than the 110.

4.3mudder
03-24-2009, 11:03 AM
As far as the throttle being only able to do idle or full-speed RPM's and no mid-range, I have found this to not be the case. Unless you are in a very rushed mood. As long as you are patient to find the mid range spot with the trigger (it's not too hard, just more sensitive than the Shindaiwa trigger), I have found the mid-throttle range with the FS 110 to have even more power than the Shindaiwa T260 does at full throttle.

These engines have AMAZING torque at lower RPM's. Now when you get it up to full throttle, now you REALLY have power! It's almost impossible to bog these 4-MIX's down.

One thing I didn't mention before is that the FS 90 is actually superior to the 110 because it has a larger and less restrictive muffler, which enables the engine to run much cooler. So you're reliability, engine longevity, and ease of starting will be higher with the 90 than the 110.

That's weird, I never was able to find the mid point. I could sit there with it in my hand and give it gas gradually, but there was this point it would all of a sudden jump up and would not come down where I wanted it. I have tried to run it before at a low RPM but I can't seem to get the head to spin fast enough to cut, and when I give it just a tad bit more gas, whoop it goes up again. So, I went with 250 engines instead. I still have a 4 mix kombi, but rarey use it. I just got so fustrated with it because I never could find the sweet spot for me. Now, the blower I don't have aproblem with, but it is those trimmer engines that give me hell. Just my opinion.

Glenn Lawn Care
03-24-2009, 12:34 PM
i have an fs90 and i rather have a shindaiwa 242, dont get me wrong the fs90 is a good trimmer. i just think shindy makes better trimmers and blowers.

kaferhaus
03-24-2009, 12:39 PM
The thing I do not like on the 4 mix trimmers is the throttle, there is no in between for RPM, it is either low or high, no middle spot like with a 2 cylce. That is the only complaint I have.

Boy... our experience is totally opposite. In fact we moved to only buying new 4 mix equipment just for the reason that they can be chugged along at low, medium or high rpm as the job requires.

The customers and employees love the low noise, I love the reliability, easy starts and great fuel economy.

The FS90R is a great trimmer and save for a few older pieces Stihl is all we use and all we plan to use.

4.3mudder
03-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Boy... our experience is totally opposite. In fact we moved to only buying new 4 mix equipment just for the reason that they can be chugged along at low, medium or high rpm as the job requires.

The customers and employees love the low noise, I love the reliability, easy starts and great fuel economy.

The FS90R is a great trimmer and save for a few older pieces Stihl is all we use and all we plan to use.

Guess I am the only one, because it sucks. I just went back to the 250 engines. I don't know I have not had good luck with them.

RonAyersMotorsports
03-24-2009, 02:04 PM
I've sold and used all three. STIHL all the way... more power, quieter, and more fuel effecient. All for $299.95. Great price great machine!

Roger
03-24-2009, 09:58 PM
The issue of either high speed, or low speed, was discussed in other threads in times past. I have used an FS90 for the last half of last season, so only a half year. But, I agree with other posts -- never a problem for me either. The trigger will get me any speed I want. Sometimes I think I am running it not as long as I should at WOT. It works well enough at part-throttle. However, I believe it will continue to run best if operated at WOT most of the time.

4.3mudder
03-25-2009, 12:26 AM
The issue of either high speed, or low speed, was discussed in other threads in times past. I have used an FS90 for the last half of last season, so only a half year. But, I agree with other posts -- never a problem for me either. The trigger will get me any speed I want. Sometimes I think I am running it not as long as I should at WOT. It works well enough at part-throttle. However, I believe it will continue to run best if operated at WOT most of the time.

True, an engine is most effecient being run at wot, but the not effecient for guel consumption. I'm going to have to look for the thread.

PLS-Tx
03-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Wow, thanks guys, it looks like we need to try the FS-90.

Thanks. :)

CFB
03-25-2009, 12:58 AM
4.3Mud that's weird you say that about no mid throttle. I've a fs90, works awesome at any speed. Personally I always run half throttle unless I'm getting in some really thick stuff. Don't find it hard at all to find the sweet spot, I can run at the speed I want it at all day long. You got a weird machine I think

4.3mudder
03-25-2009, 01:07 AM
4.3Mud that's weird you say that about no mid throttle. I've a fs90, works awesome at any speed. Personally I always run half throttle unless I'm getting in some really thick stuff. Don't find it hard at all to find the sweet spot, I can run at the speed I want it at all day long. You got a weird machine I think

The only problem is on engines on a pole such as an edger, pole saw or trimmer. My BR550, I don't have that kind of problem at all. I'm going to have to record it on my phone and put it on here so yall know what I'm talking about, I got so fustrated with them I am down to one, I would like to have 0 if I could find another 250 engine cheap.

PLS-Tx
03-26-2009, 12:22 AM
What is WOT? :confused:

mississippiturf
03-26-2009, 12:28 AM
what is wot? :confused:

wide open throttle !! I usually run half throttle unless I want to take down some trees!!

S.A.L.
03-26-2009, 12:41 AM
True, an engine is most effecient being run at wot, but the not effecient for g[f]uel consumption.

You've contradicted yourself.

:drinkup:

I only run WOT for a second if it's absolutely necessary.
I run half throttle for normal use; much better on gas and better on parts.
As a matter of fact I don't run anything at full tilt.

4.3mudder
03-26-2009, 12:49 AM
You've contradicted yourself.

:drinkup:

I only run WOT for a second if it's absolutely necessary.
I run half throttle for normal use; much better on gas and better on parts.

Are you sure I did?

Ok, at WOT an engine is being run at it's peak effeciency. But, running at WOT will not get effecient consumption. That should be right? Or maybe not, The first part is a fact. Aww, I'm confused now. :hammerhead:

Only things I run at full is the blower, sometimes the chainsaw, nothing else.

MnDLawn
03-26-2009, 12:54 AM

Wish I could say that, our poor BR600's get run WOT 5 days a week 5-6 hours a day during the spring and fall. Our Stihl trimmers are the same, balls to the wall, all day, every day, 5 months of the year.

Crash
03-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Stihl is the only way to go!

mhussey
03-26-2009, 01:10 PM
I've sold and used all three. STIHL all the way... more power, quieter, and more fuel effecient. All for $299.95. Great price great machine!

I just picked up my FS90 for 274 and some change on Tuesday. All I can say is WOW for these trimmers. I like it much better than the Red Max I was going to buy.

mhussey
03-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Does anyone know where to find some of the accesories for the FS90's like the edger?

There is another thread floating around that educated me on this. I didn't know you can change out the gearbox for something else, and with ease from what I have read.

S.A.L.
03-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Does anyone know where to find some of the accesories for the FS90's like the edger?

The dealership can order whatever you like, if they don't already have it in stock.

RonAyersMotorsports
03-26-2009, 01:37 PM
If your talking about attachments like the pole pruner. Buy the attachment for the kombi system remove the shaft and simply unbolt the trim head from your trimmer using a T27 torque bit and install new attachment. Its simple.

You'll have to buy the straight shaft edger. Nice but a few more $$$$. Congrats on your purchase.

mhussey
03-26-2009, 02:42 PM
If your talking about attachments like the pole pruner. Buy the attachment for the kombi system remove the shaft and simply unbolt the trim head from your trimmer using a T27 torque bit and install new attachment. Its simple.

You'll have to buy the straight shaft edger. Nice but a few more $$$$. Congrats on your purchase.

Ron,

Yes, this is what I'm talking about. I didn't know they had these attachments available. Pretty neat really.

Ron, from what I understand you can purchase the edger head as well. I just got off the phone with my dealer. He priced me the edger head for $169.00. He said it's only $10 dollars more for if you add the shaft for the Kombi. I seen a post on here where several guy's just bought the edger head and changed out heads in the field. Am I missing something here?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Matt

kaferhaus
03-26-2009, 03:35 PM
I've never liked having to dismantle and reassemble a tool on the job. We use dedicated tools for the job at hand.

I have (am) entertaining the idea of buying a combi unit with a broom and tiller attachment for occaisional use in re-tilling small beds and the like....but still undecided... as little of this work as we do, a big box POS might be okay for the tiller...

The only thing that makes me keep thinking about them is the broom attachment....

mhussey
03-26-2009, 03:44 PM
I've never liked having to dismantle and reassemble a tool on the job. We use dedicated tools for the job at hand.

I have (am) entertaining the idea of buying a combi unit with a broom and tiller attachment for occaisional use in re-tilling small beds and the like....but still undecided... as little of this work as we do, a big box POS might be okay for the tiller...

The only thing that makes me keep thinking about them is the broom attachment....

Well, that is an argument also. However, I just can't justify that cost the amount of time that will require a dedicated edger. Most of the time, I only need one good edging for the year, and the rest of the time I maintain the edge with a trimmer. Worst case I install the edger gearbox on the new FS90 and use one of my other trimmers.

The way one guy put it, he could swap these heads out in 20 - 30 seconds. Another said maybe if that amount of time. I was just pondering the idea.

Thanks,

Matt

kaferhaus
03-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Most of the time, I only need one good edging for the year, and the rest of the time I maintain the edge with a trimmer

Then as "unprofessional as it sounds", I'd likely buy a big box dedicated edger... likely less than the cost of the attachment alone and with that kind of use it'd likely last many years.

My brother has a (cringe) Homelite that he's had for many years and it still works fine for him. It'd likely last a few weeks with us though.

There's one good sized LCO here that uses the big box Husky's... when one breaks they throw it away after stripping the head and other usable parts off of it... oddly he says most of them last 18-24 months. And while they're still under the "30 days" or whatever the return time is on them and they have a problem he takes them back and they hand him a new one... said that's only happend twice in several years. (no he doesn't tell them they're being used commercially)

And he's a schmuck in general.... if he has a tree or two that need cutting up he buys a chainsaw, uses it and takes it back for a refund. But I had to laugh a few years ago after one of the hurricanes... the stores all posted signs saying no returns on chainsaws or generators (lasted for almost a year) and he didn't pay attention... he bought maye half a dozen chainsaws and couldn't return them.

S.A.L.
03-26-2009, 05:33 PM
I got three years out of a Husky stick edger from Lowes.
Everyday use, but I was easy on it.
And I was the only one to use it.
$199.99
It still works, but has a wicked vibration.
Has decent power and a clog-free guard.

Lazer_Z
03-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Ron,

Yes, this is what I'm talking about. I didn't know they had these attachments available. Pretty neat really.

Ron, from what I understand you can purchase the edger head as well. I just got off the phone with my dealer. He priced me the edger head for $169.00. He said it's only $10 dollars more for if you add the shaft for the Kombi. I seen a post on here where several guy's just bought the edger head and changed out heads in the field. Am I missing something here?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt, These attachments can be swapped out for the standard trimmer gear head on your FS 90 R http://stihlusa.com/accessories/interchangeable.html

This page shows the attachments for the Kombi motors from Stihl, the Kombi system is slightly more expensive to purchase, but it takes mere seconds to swap attachments http://stihlusa.com/accessories/multi.html

here's the page listing the info for the Kombi motors themselves http://stihlusa.com/multitask/kombi.html

mhussey
03-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Matt, These attachments can be swapped out for the standard trimmer gear head on your FS 90 R http://stihlusa.com/accessories/interchangeable.html

This page shows the attachments for the Kombi motors from Stihl, the Kombi system is slightly more expensive to purchase, but it takes mere seconds to swap attachments http://stihlusa.com/accessories/multi.html

here's the page listing the info for the Kombi motors themselves http://stihlusa.com/multitask/kombi.html

Thanks Rob! I feel for me this would be better than buying a dedicated stick edger. Also, I have the walkbehind edger as well.

Like I stated above, I called my dealer and he quoted me 169.00 for the edger head.

Thanks,

Matt

Lazer_Z
03-27-2009, 01:35 PM
You're welcome Matt, I did what you are planning on doing with an FC110 & hedge trimmer attachment. If you aren't swapping attachments all the time, you'll be fine with an extra gear head. I personally got tired of it, thus the reason for buying a KM 130 R, edger and trimmer attachment. Next on the list is the hedge trimmer then the blower attachment.

johnnybravo8802
03-27-2009, 09:56 PM
I demoed an FS130 before I bought my FS90. I figured it was the same machine with a little less power-that's an understatement!!! The FS130 is a totally different animal and I loved it. The FS90 is weak and even feels like it's made cheaper, even though it probably isn't. In the future, I don't plan to go below an FS130.

Linder'sLawnCare
04-28-2009, 04:52 PM

I have heard sooooo many times that it(FS90R) uses less gas. How much less though? Is it noticeable? Can anyone give like tank per hour ratio or something?

Linder'sLawnCare
04-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Another question, what type of shoulder harness do yall use with the 90R?

Roger
04-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Re: fuel use. I think my FS90R uses about the same as my FS85 trimmer, perhaps a bit less. One tank will run for about 45-50 minutes, running at near WOT most of the time.

Linder'sLawnCare
04-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks Roger... Anyone Else??????????

OrangeToys
04-29-2009, 12:26 AM
Im thinking about trading my Shindiawa T242 for a stihl either 90 or 100RX.

Any opinions from anyone?

WH401
04-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Im thinking about trading my Shindiawa T242 for a stihl either 90 or 100RX.

Any opinions from anyone?

The 100rx can only be used as a line trimmer because it has a hollow shaft, as opposed to the 90 which can run anything because it has a solid shaft.

OrangeToys
04-29-2009, 12:23 PM
how often do you need to run anything besides the line head?

WH401
04-29-2009, 02:28 PM
how often do you need to run anything besides the line head?

Hardly at all, but you never know.

Roger
04-29-2009, 09:50 PM
I use my FS90R string trimmer with a hedge clipper attachment and with a three-toothed weed blade. For either of these applications, the load on the drive shaft can be considerably higher than with a string trimmer head. I would like to get the 10" chain saw attachment as well -- light trimming where a saw is necessary, but out of hand reach.

The two attachments I mentioned have paid for themselves so many times over, I cannot even imagine the number. I've been able to do tasks that otherwise would be turned away, plus the labor income generated is important.

I would have to be very sure about a single use item (e.g. string trimming) before considering the hollow shaft unit.

OrangeToys
04-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Well i have been mowing yards for six years now and I can't think of a time that the string trimmer hasn't cut what I facing, and I take anything that is thrown my way.

Linder'sLawnCare
04-29-2009, 11:52 PM
I got a price for FS90R=$299 and Edger attach.=$150. Again what kind of shoulder harnesses do y'all use????

PLS-Tx
04-30-2009, 01:27 AM
I got a price for FS90R=$299 and Edger attach.=$150. Again what kind of shoulder harnesses do y'all use????

I don't think you are going to find to many guys that use a shoulder harness, I could be wrong.

We had some that came with some our larger shindy trimmers, we tossed them in the trash.

$299 is what the FS-90 sells for around here, as far as the edger, I have no clue, we have a FC-110 edger. I would not want to have to change from trimmer to edger, that would be a pain.

Lbilawncare
04-30-2009, 02:26 AM
The Hollow shafts on the 100RX are a joke, they break incredibly easy. If I were to buy another Stihl (which I won't) it would be the 90.

OrangeToys
04-30-2009, 09:30 AM
The Hollow shafts on the 100RX are a joke, they break incredibly easy. If I were to buy another Stihl (which I won't) it would be the 90.

What are you trimming for the shaft to break? plus the shaft is under a lifetime warrenty

COOPER 1
04-30-2009, 10:56 AM
I have used them all. Any of the top brands are ok, but I found the most durable and powerful to be the either the echo 265T or the echo 280T. They have the most power when my guys take the off the guards and run the line out. Did not like having to take my FS90 in for valve adjustments. (That I had to pay for- Not covered under warranty) Forgot to tell me that when I bought it.

PLS-Tx
04-30-2009, 11:45 AM
We have a Echo 261, I like the fact that you can run the line longer on this trimmer, but it's been hard to start since the day we bought it.

This is why I'm leaning towards the FS-90, we have several other 4-mix tools and they start on the 1st pull every time.

I really like the Echo, but it matters not how good it is if we are going to have to fight it every stop.

Linder'sLawnCare
04-30-2009, 12:04 PM
We have a Echo 261, I like the fact that you can run the line longer on this trimmer, but it's been hard to start since the day we bought it.

This is why I'm leaning towards the FS-90, we have several other 4-mix tools and they start on the 1st pull every time.

I really like the Echo, but it matters not how good it is if we are going to have to fight it every stop.

I agree!!!!

OrangeToys
04-30-2009, 12:22 PM

this is the reason im wanting to get rid of my Shindiawa T242, it takes to long to get it going sometimes

Linder'sLawnCare
04-30-2009, 12:25 PM
I cleaned my spark plug on my Echo and it did crank faster than normal. It still took about 6-8 pulls with adjustments to choke.

karlgrooms
04-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Can i get some answers on this topic....does the fs 90 run the attachments well? or do you need a 110r or bigger? I am leaning toward the 90r and will probably just use it for trimming but you never know what tomorrow will bring.

COOPER 1
04-30-2009, 01:35 PM

I had issues with my old Echo261 too They had some carb problems, but my dealer always took care of me. No problems with 265T or 280T. The 280T is my personal favorite. Way more powerful than the FS90 or 110 R.

PLS-Tx
04-30-2009, 01:40 PM
I cleaned my spark plug on my Echo and it did crank faster than normal. It still took about 6-8 pulls with adjustments to choke.

I have taken our Echo back to the dealer a few times, I also had a Echo rep look at it. I just happen to see the rep at a different dealer's open house. It does seem to be a bit better, but at times it still gives us a fit.

What I can't understand is it seems like alot of guys use Echo and like them. No way do I plan to use something that I'm going to have to fight at every stop, just to get it running.

Anyone want to buy a Echo 261?????? :)

Linder'sLawnCare
04-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Can i get some answers on this topic....does the fs 90 run the attachments well? or do you need a 110r or bigger? I am leaning toward the 90r and will probably just use it for trimming but you never know what tomorrow will bring.

I am getting the 90R b/c I can barely afford it. If I had more $ i would get 110R.

PLS-Tx
05-01-2009, 01:06 AM
I went to a new dealer yesterday, they seem to know their stuff.

They said they like the 80 better than the 90. Has anyone ran both, if so which do you like better.

I'm also thinking about the 110, it would only be used as a trimmer, so I would save a bit of weight.

Boy, I guess just to many choices.

I do think I'll stay with the 4-mix, the ones we have are just so easy to start.

Linder'sLawnCare
05-01-2009, 01:15 PM
My dealer had the opposite opinion. He said that the 90 has more torque and uses less gas. You have said that it will be used for just trimming, but say you do want to put an attachment on it instead of buying an edger, to say, you cannot do it with the 80. My dealer also owns two 90R and all of his Stihl that he uses is 4stroke. He has been truthful about everything he has advised me on.

STIHL GUY
05-01-2009, 10:53 PM
my next trimmer will most likely be a FS-90

TheC-Master
05-01-2009, 11:15 PM

The FS90R is a great trimmer and save for a few older pieces Stihl is all we use and all we plan to use.I pretty much always leave my trimmer, edger, and blower at lower throttles. I simply don't need to. My dad teams up with me and has an older model and he chokes mine out as he isn't used to the power with such a low noise level. Eats up the string, lol.

Linder'sLawnCare
05-10-2009, 12:07 AM
I just got a 110R today and all I can say is wow!!! It left me speechless with the amount of power it had. I went in to get the 90R but my dealer was out, so he sold me the 110R for $20 more than 90R, which is $30 cheaper than normal price on 110R. I got a deal!!! I cannot wait to get the edger attachment!

McLandscapingInc
05-10-2009, 12:48 AM
we only have one FS90 out of about 15. my guys love it!

man of stihl
05-10-2009, 01:36 PM
the 90 is the entry level 4 mix machine. its a solid drive shaft.

its heavy.

if you are just mowing grass with it. i would highly suggest spending the extra 20 bucks and gettin an fs100rx.

its a hollow driveshaft machine with a more powerful engine.

we love them. you can really tell the difference mowing for a few hours with a 90 then switching and grab the 100rx.

its like nothing:weightlifter: