PDA

View Full Version : Booking Jobs

dewos
03-23-2009, 03:11 PM
I was wondering after you come out and give estimates, how many do you book.(percentage wise) I have been booking about half the estimates I have been going to alot lower then what I was getting last year. Although the other people may still come around...

How long do you wait for Pending Contracts before you call the see? Is there a good way to go about it, or do you guys just not call? I normally wait about 2-3 weeks.

MnDLawn
03-23-2009, 07:19 PM
I haven't actually broken it down percentage wise but I would say 85-90%.

Kennedy Landscaping
03-23-2009, 07:28 PM
I haven't actually broken it down percentage wise but I would say 85-90%.

Ditto.....

mattfromNY
03-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Depends on the time of year. This time of year I get some tire kickers, later in the year most just sign right up b/c they are either sick of doing it themselves or fed up w/ bad service.
Dont really know a percentage, but I do know 100% decline for those I dont want to work for. LOL.

Columbia Care
03-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Residential property I am getting around 90% of my bids awarded to me. I have not gotten a Commercial contract this year. What I am hearing is that alot of commercial accounts in the area are trying to get lower quotes, then they are going to last years LCO and have them meet the price in order to keep the business. I have run into 1 customer who had their employees quote on the lawn care. Needless to say, I did not get that bid. Heard the employee was 80% lower than my bid.