PDA

View Full Version : Sod Installation Price

Blmtlandscapes
03-23-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm just getting in to sod installs. What do you guys charge per s/f to install sod. I couldn't find any info on the search. Thanks

TexasFire221
03-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Is this a new install? Will you have to bring in top soil? Can the sod be put in the backyard or will you have to take it back by hand? There are many variables that determine the cost.

Blmtlandscapes
03-24-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm not going to bring in soil but I will be rototilling and amending the exsisting soil. I will have to haul the sod to the back yard manually, the truck can get them pretty close but theres still some walking.

TexasFire221
03-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Hours to complete multiplied by your houly rate! Only you can figure your estimate.

Blmtlandscapes
03-24-2009, 12:40 PM
i guess what I'm asking is how many s/f in an hour of sod can you lay on average. I know that this also depends on certain factors but I'm just looking for a rough number. I'm estimating the area is about 5,000s/f. Can me and a helper get this done in one day, just laying the sod?

Matlock Lawncare
03-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Here in Mo. we bid it by the yard, you are looking at about 560 yards. 2 years ago we were charging about 5.50 per yard installed. That included minimal prep. ie- light raking to straighten out some areas. We would get about 90% of the jobs bid with that price. Now with the economy we have dropped prices down to 4.25 per yard and still only get about 60% of the jobs bid on. Home builders are getting bids from local businesses and then doing the jobs themselves.(independent homebuilders) There are sooooo many businesses that are bidding jobs just to keep their guys busy and employed. I have seen it as low as 2.00 per yard. I will shut my doors before I go any lower than I am right now. Dont know if this helped but thats the way I do it. Good luck

hotshot4819
03-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Nviewlandscaping.
Hello Neighbor. Just noticed you were interested in a lawn install... you should easily beable to do 5000 in a day with a helper, expecially if the area is sqaure..
Is there a reason your pricing the sod? did the customer request it?

Blmtlandscapes
03-27-2009, 11:42 PM
heyy hotshot, ive been meaning to contact you, I saw a couple of posts in the New Hampshire Thread... the sod install is for a new customer, I'm doing a couple of other jobs for him as well

JNyz
03-29-2009, 10:16 AM
$1.00 per square ft.