PDA

View Full Version : You guys might like this info!

grasschopperofchicago
03-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Hey everyone!--just my piece of information for the day hope you enjoy and like the idea!--if you care to add to it please feel free!
I will say this might get long winded, but this is a very effective way to add clients to your current route!--in the times of EVERYONE getting into the business.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Haines Directory
What it is ...a criss/cross directory, meaning...you can take an address and get the peoples names versus having the name and getting their address and name!..

so how does this benefit us or you?
I have used this avenue in the past with my other business and with Financing that I did for years for a bank.
here is how you use it...
If you are cutting the grass at 1234 Oak Street for John Smith
You can look his address up in the Haines directory and it will give you his neighbors names and their years at the residence and their yearly household income...
What I do is send my clients neighbors, at least 7-10 of the surrounding neighbors a letter stating something like

Hi Jerry Garcia!
My name is Fred Flintstone with ABC Lawn Service and I provide quality lawn care for your neighbor John Smith. I have serviced his lawn for the past 3 seasons so I am sure you are aware of our service. I would like to extend an invitation for you to meet with us at your convienience to discuss your needs. blah blah blah....that isn't our letter, but just an idea of how to approach them...keep in mind...
The "keeping up with the jones" statement is real!
This really works because John Smith basically can act as a reference for you and it isn't the same as walking up to the neighbor when he is out, but guess what??....if you send the letter and you see him out...you can walk over and say "Hey!" I am Scott with Grasschoppers!--I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself!---I don't sell at that point, I just let him know, if he see's me, he realizes I am the LCO---people like to deal with the owner!
I don't even work a sell and they ask me questions like..."So....what would my yard cost me?"....
If you go to the site for Haines, it is a lease program, you have to pay a yearly fee to get the updated book and give them their old year back, it isn't cheap, but they also offer TARGET mailing with LAWN CARE fliers they have made up!---so obviously not my idea, but worked for me and continues too!

do the math on this, if you have 35 accounts, and you send 10 letters to each of their neighbors, you are soliciting 350 people that have seen your services!---follow that up a couple weeks later maybe with a door hanger or posting a sign at the entrance to their neighborhood and you are in their minds!!...food for thought
here is the website!!

http://www.haines.com/<BR><BR>
Here is the site for their mailers ie: Door Hangers, Post cards and brochures!...........
http://www.haines.com/fullmarkets.htm

CCC52
03-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the link, I've used criss-cross directories in the past (used to list unpublished phone #'s too) but I'll have to take a look at this online version.

Hope you caught my post where you first posted the Haines link. Your local county auditor's website should show value/acreage of perspective clients properties and how many properties they actually hold in the given county. Searching civil trials on your local county clerk of court's website can show if a potential client has any outstanding debts/lawsuits.

Handy public records for free.:usflag: