PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy an Exmark Next Lazer Z yet?

kppurn
03-23-2009, 09:20 PM
I gave my dealer the go ahead to order an '09 Lazer with the 34 HP Kawasaki for me on Saturday. I was told that it should be in by this Wednesday 3/25. Now I get a call today letting me know that it will not be in until mid to late April. Why so friggin long?
I was really hoping to get rid of my current Lazer very soon, but now it looks like I'm going to need it, if in fact it will take as long as they are saying.

The salesman was already gone when I called back, so I will find out what the deal is tomorrow.

Anyone else order one yet? Was it available?

mowerknower
03-23-2009, 09:48 PM
We have one on order too and its not due in until mid april either. My guess is that it the 3460s are not even being made yet. You could ask your sales guy if he can check if his distributer has any other models in stock.

zman2307
03-23-2009, 10:12 PM
stuff released in the spring never is out until late. you'll be lucky if you get it mid-April.

Runner
03-24-2009, 03:24 AM
We just went to the dealer Saturday and their (large) showroom was full of them. I said let someone else be the guinea pigs for a year or two to see how this thing turns out and to let them get the bugs out. (remember how the "Triton" deck was going to be the next best thing since sliced bread?). I'm just not a big an of a FEW things on them...the one piece pump and motor combos, for one. We ended up trailering home a new '08 Lazer with 60" Ultra-Cut deck and 25 Kohler that had a showroom promotional price of 7995. They said they couldn't match another dealer's price of 100 dollars less, so the threw in an extra set of blades, two full tanks of gas, and didn't charge anything to install the new UltraVac system (which was around 2800).
Oh,...on a sidenote, this was not my machine. It is another lco I've been helping get a start. He's a good guy, and is doing well. I've watced him go from mowing with a small tractor, to a small Cub Cadet Z, to a Cub Tank he bought two years ago, to this. He traded the Tank in on this, and got 2500 for it. :)

lazer 46
03-24-2009, 06:18 AM
my dealer has a few on order for stock. They have been delayed. Reason not given.

johnslandscaping
03-24-2009, 08:30 AM
Runner, I did the exact same 8K is a great deal on a proven machine. also it's ready to make cash now.

leaflawnandlimb
03-24-2009, 08:50 AM
They had to make a few minor changes on the 34hp so it is still going on it's 1500 hr testing. Evey model they sell has to have 1500 hours of in house testing before it will be released.

kaferhaus
03-24-2009, 09:24 AM
The dealer here (large one) is struggling. The massive price increase is turning his customers away. The Bobcat dealer down the road is having trouble keeping machines in stock.. The Walker dealer hasn't sold the first machine this season, The Grasshopper dealer dropped them... another dealer down the road (Hustler) took it on (seems they just moved the inventory to his store) and hasn't sold but 2. The Ferris dealer only has 2 machines on the floor (said they're upset with him because he wouldn't place a large spring order and threatened to remove him as a dealer to which he replied "okay")

The Hustler/now Grasshopper too guy also runs a lawn service out of the back of the shop.... he's been struggling ever since the LCO community discovered it... so I have no idea why he took on Grasshopper as guys are driving 50 miles away to buy Hustlers...

GracesLandscaping
03-24-2009, 01:14 PM
my dealer has 8 of the "next Lazers" or whatever in stock right now i just left there he had 10 the other day but sold two. they are all 60 inch with kawi's... i was gonna demo one but he said he wont make one a demo til he sells last years demo... if anyone is near south/western KY and looking for one its a pretty nice mower.. 50 hrs, 08 60" 31 vanguard,triton deck, runflat front tires, suspension seat and all that with the same warrenty... also the majority of the hours one it (probably 45 of the 50 something) were from him mowing his lawn and his fathers... but anyways he wants 9200 for it so that doesn't seem bad to me since its like 10500 new. anyways sorry get this off topic just thought id throw that out there! lol but hopefully itll sell soon cuz i wanna demo that new lazer!!!!

Lawnut101
03-24-2009, 02:53 PM
my dealer has 8 of the "next Lazers" or whatever in stock right now i just left there he had 10 the other day but sold two. they are all 60 inch with kawi's... i was gonna demo one but he said he wont make one a demo til he sells last years demo... if anyone is near south/western KY and looking for one its a pretty nice mower.. 50 hrs, 08 60" 31 vanguard,triton deck, runflat front tires, suspension seat and all that with the same warrenty... also the majority of the hours one it (probably 45 of the 50 something) were from him mowing his lawn and his fathers... but anyways he wants 9200 for it so that doesn't seem bad to me since its like 10500 new. anyways sorry get this off topic just thought id throw that out there! lol but hopefully itll sell soon cuz i wanna demo that new lazer!!!!

It sounds like he doesn't really want to sell one. You should call your ExMark rep and see if he will run one out to you. I've had a few guys offer to do that for me if my dealers don't have what I want.

GracesLandscaping
03-24-2009, 04:31 PM
It sounds like he doesn't really want to sell one. You should call your ExMark rep and see if he will run one out to you. I've had a few guys offer to do that for me if my dealers don't have what I want.

never thought of it that way lol, but im not that worried about it im not buying one of them. Im buying a new left over 08 model for alot less $$$ i was just kinda anxious to see if there was a difference and hes always more than willing to let me take a new demo out to see what its all about!

kppurn
03-24-2009, 04:39 PM
From what I've been told they are just now getting them out to people that ordered them earlier, say last November/December. This is for the 34 HP Kaw., the others are already out.

My dealer is going to get me something that I can use until the 34 HP comes in. I just hate mowing without an ocdc. Since they don't come with one and I'm sure as heck not spending $200-$300 to put one on a mower I'm only using for a few weeks, it looks like I may be blowing grass in all the nice fresh mulch at my properties. I have too many properties where there is no way around it, you either have an ocdc or you blast mulch beds and houses with grass. I'll figure something out.

P.I.L.C.
03-24-2009, 05:27 PM
I ordered mine in January and they told me it would be early April. It sounds like it is still on time so far. Hopefully since the only mower I have now is a metro 26. Might be a long spring thatching with only that mower. Maybe SD will get some more snow in march so I wont be able to start until mid april anyway.