View Full Version : Monthly billing? 12 month or 6 month?

Property Pro
03-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Question for those of you who use a flat rate monthly billing system. I am trying to change over from a "per visit" charge to a monthly charge that has spring and fall clean-ups factored in. I was wondering if customers tend to prefer billing for the six months that services are performed or if they would rather pay a lesser amount throughout the entire year (12 month billing). The 12 month bill would be much less but then customers are paying for lawn care in the dead of winter. A 6 month billing cycle may scare off some as the bill is substantially larger than it would be if dispersed over the entire year.

Any comments would be great....thanks guys.

03-23-2009, 11:10 PM
I offer 8, 10 and 12 month options. 8 months is the most popular, although largely by default, as many customers piddle around and don't commit to anything until 8 is the only option left. I have a few that love the 12 month plan but most seem to like having a couple months without a bill.

I send them all a letter with the services they typically get, and then show them what it costs with the various options.