PDA

View Full Version : Today was the first day

Mike Blevins
03-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Today was the start of the 09 season for me. Mowed a couple and trimmed a couple of small trees. It let me know how much weight I had gained and how it was going to be a few weeks before I get back into the swing of things. :weightlifter:

MnDLawn
03-23-2009, 11:21 PM
First day for us too. Trimmed a 3 apple trees and did 2 clean-ups. Good luck this season!

bare spot
03-24-2009, 05:53 AM
almost for me, planning for next wk (felt like it would never get here). have a good season all, be safe.

ALC-GregH
03-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Unfortunately I'm going to the hospital today. The last few weeks I've had real bad pain in my lower left back. At first I thought it was just muscle but it getting worse everyday. I couldn't sleep at all last night and could barely walk when I got up. I can't lean over at all. I can only pray that I don't need to get cut. If they have to do that, I'll be finished before I get started. :cry:

Junior M
03-24-2009, 09:21 AM
I did one clean up and mow yesterday, holy crap, I am all out of wack, I couldnt trim real nice like normal, I couldnt keep my stripes straight, it was driving me insane. Its like I've lost my skill over the winter.. :laugh: Samething happened with running the trackhoe, its like I never ran it before.. :dizzy:

Razorblades
03-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Today was the start of the 09 season for me. Mowed a couple and trimmed a couple of small trees. It let me know how much weight I had gained and how it was going to be a few weeks before I get back into the swing of things. :weightlifter:

Probably all that "Orange kool aid" that you've been drinking! LOL. Seriously, I know what you mean. Saturday and yesterday afternoon,I used the Zero turn, a tractor style mower, push mower, string trimmer, blower and chainsaw. I was thinking that i'm getting too old for this! But it wasn't that bad after kind of getting back into it.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-24-2009, 09:45 AM
I did one clean up and mow yesterday, holy crap, I am all out of wack, I couldnt trim real nice like normal, I couldnt keep my stripes straight, it was driving me insane. Its like I've lost my skill over the winter.. :laugh: Samething happened with running the trackhoe, its like I never ran it before.. :dizzy:

Isn't this the truth. I am always nervous for some reason before the first few spring jobs I do. Its like you have to relearn the curve a little to get back on track. You also have to build up your summer endurance....no matter how much you worked out over the winter, it just isn't the same as doing real outdoor work.

Junior M
03-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Isn't this the truth. I am always nervous for some reason before the first few spring jobs I do. Its like you have to relearn the curve a little to get back on track. You also have to build up your summer endurance....no matter how much you worked out over the winter, it just isn't the same as doing real outdoor work.
You got that right, it was horrible, I am glad it was my house, or I'd still be out there trying to get it right, why does it always seem when you cant get something done right something wants to break? Cause thats dam sure what happened to me, my trimmer is leaking oil and something is burning on it, guess I'll have to go get a new one.. :cool2: :laugh:

fazzy815-66
03-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Unfortunately I'm going to the hospital today. The last few weeks I've had real bad pain in my lower left back. At first I thought it was just muscle but it getting worse everyday. I couldn't sleep at all last night and could barely walk when I got up. I can't lean over at all. I can only pray that I don't need to get cut. If they have to do that, I'll be finished before I get started. :cry:
Hey ALC: I'll pray for ya! hope you feel better soon

ALC-GregH
03-24-2009, 10:55 AM
thank you Fazzy. The pain is making me sick to my stomach. God if I heave I might not make it there without a blood box coming to get me. It took me 30 minutes to get a shower and I couldn't even touch my feet. Now I'm doing everything I can just to get socks on my feet! I hope they can find out whats wrong and fix it with meds. I'm so scared to go under the knife. :(
A few guys I know had back surgery and have scare tissue problems from it. They are better then before but it can lead to more surgery to remove the build up of tissue.

Junior M
03-24-2009, 11:08 AM
thank you Fazzy. The pain is making me sick to my stomach. God if I heave I might not make it there without a blood box coming to get me. It took me 30 minutes to get a shower and I couldn't even touch my feet. Now I'm doing everything I can just to get socks on my feet! I hope they can find out whats wrong and fix it with meds. I'm so scared to go under the knife. :(
A few guys I know had back surgery and have scare tissue problems from it. They are better then before but it can lead to more surgery to remove the build up of tissue.
Hope everything comes out good, I'll keep you in my prayers..

SamTheLawnMan
03-24-2009, 11:36 AM
I've been cutting for about a month now....
Have a great season...

Razorblades
03-24-2009, 11:44 AM

Greg, I hope the Doctor's can take care of you pain and get you going again soon. We'll keep you in our prayers. You're a little young to be having these back problems, aren't you. I'll also pray that you don't have a nightmare where the doctor comes in to your room after checking you out and tell's you that the only way that you can keep cutting lawns is "if you trade off that rogh riding tank and get a Bad Boy with the EZ ride suspension" LOL. Seriously, hope you get better soon. Razorblades.

ALC-GregH
03-24-2009, 02:12 PM
LOL Razor. Thank you by the way. I'm 46, not exactly young but I had prior back injuries 8-10 years ago. I just got back from the hospital. The doctor there seems to feel it's muscle related but, a slipped disk he said can cause the same problems. He prescribed Valium, Darvaset, and Niproxen. I need to start taking that first. I haven't been to a doctor in years. So I need to get signed up with my wife and kids family doctor and see if I can get them to refer me for a MRI. The doctor at the hospital thinks I may have a slipped disk and that the MRI will reveal whether that's the case. He also said that a chiropractor can do wonders for a slipped disk. He also said that it's slim to none that I'd need any surgery. Thank you lord.

ALC-GregH
03-24-2009, 02:17 PM
It's step in the right direction. I've been SO looking forward to this season it's not even funny. I put all my ducks in a row, everything is in place to start mowing and I even have some tree planting on the schedule for a customer this week. I'm going to have to get a friend to dig the holes and stuff for me. There's no way I'll be ready to do that in 3 days.