PDA

View Full Version : Universal Lighting Systems

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Just 'discovered' this 'manufacturer' of outdoor lighting products. Although some of their line is very familiar looking, they do have some individual (notice I did not say unique) looking times too.

Does anyone know anything about these guys?

http://www.unvls.com/index.html

Have a great day.

JoeyD
03-24-2009, 02:36 PM
No comment................lol

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Hmmm when JoeyD has no comment, well that speaks volumes! What about anyone else out there? I have never heard of them before.

Is just another shell biz selling chinese knock-offs and cheapo junk?

Regards

NiteTymeIlluminations
03-24-2009, 04:21 PM
never heard of them. Amazing! How do these guys sell their stuff? Where do they sell it?

klkanders
03-24-2009, 05:42 PM
James,
I had just recently stumbled upon the name also. I am sure you looked at all products. Did anything catch your eye or look like something you might try?

Keith

Firefly Lighting
03-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Gerry @ Terradek carries them but I have never heard of them til now either.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Keith, I just quickly browsed to be honest. I was looking for their electrical listings as that is a first priority for us here in Canada. Things Must be properly approved or we cannot bring them across the border.

I will make some enquiries soon. For the most part, it looks like a lot of Unique Knock-offs with a bunch of new stuff too. Interesting that Gerry Carries them. I would love to hear his opinion.

Eden Lights
03-24-2009, 09:29 PM
They are in Jerry's new catalog, so I am sure he has the scoop if interested.

worx
03-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Eden how are things in Central TN? Hope to get up that way again soon! (Smith Lake)

NightLightingFX
03-25-2009, 01:18 PM
A lot of you probably think less of me, but I have used used "Advantage Light Source" products in the past. "Advantage Light Source/Lightcraft were the first ones (that I know of) to come out with the "Big Smoky" directional light fixture and the "Universal Path System" design. Maybe that is where Universal got their name? The Universal products all looks like knock offs of "Advantage Light Source" products. FYI the new "Volt" product looks very similar to Advantage Light Source also. I know Florida Outdoor Lighting also has a low cost bronze directional fixture that looks similar to the Advantage Light Source "Big Smoky" model.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-25-2009, 02:16 PM
A lot of you probably think less of me, but I have used used "Advantage Light Source" products in the past. "Advantage Light Source/Lightcraft were the first ones (that I know of) to come out with the "Big Smoky" directional light fixture and the "Universal Path System" design. Maybe that is where Universal got their name? The Universal products all looks like knock offs of "Advantage Light Source" products. FYI the new "Volt" product looks very similar to Advantage Light Source also. I know Florida Outdoor Lighting also has a low cost bronze directional fixture that looks similar to the Advantage Light Source "Big Smoky" model.

You can add to that list Ned: Include Cucamonga Products! ( I kid you not.)

It makes sense, as I am pretty sure they are all buying their product lines from the same source: Zhongshan Gardenstar Lighting Co. Ltd. (again I kid you not).

I have communications here from a Ms. Wang of above noted company, stating: "Dear Mr.James Solecki We did receive your inquiry on our product from xxxxxxxxxx, we have no company's website presently, since the most of our products are made by OEM from Amierica customers, if you an actual requirement and potential cooperation, we can email the more pictures with the detail to you. Kindest regards"

I am not suggesting that this product is bad, inferior, or of poor quality. But it is most certainly now ubiquitous. I guess it will all come down to the relationships that the re-sellers build with their customers. It is astounding to see what this product can be purchased for from any one of the re-sellers... I can only imagine what their prices are from the manufacturer.

Regards.

NightLightingFX
03-25-2009, 02:44 PM
FYI, I just got a call from "Garden Light" saying they were going to start producing a similar product as the "Big Smoky" fixture.