PDA

View Full Version : Fliers behind mailbox's

dewos
03-24-2009, 08:08 PM
I started to put the fliers behind the mailbox in-between the wood or plastic piece and mailbox... Do you think this is a good idea, or should I stick with the door?

Runner
03-24-2009, 09:12 PM
This is illegal.

grandview (2006)
03-24-2009, 09:36 PM
The Post Office only owns the inside of your mailbox according to the postal act of 1934

Carolina Cuts
03-24-2009, 10:11 PM
stickin' too, squeezin' it in, tuckin' here, shovin' there, fliers waving in the wind... is tacky.... and will most likely annoy most potential customers. Bottomline, make a good impression and try not to annoy any 'potential' customers....

kootoomootoo
03-24-2009, 10:33 PM
Ive sold jobs from postcards people have found lying on the ground. Do what you have to do.

mdvaden
03-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Post office told us that the outside of the box area is fine.

Put them out early before people go to get mail to reduce potential litter from wind blowing them or overnight dew saturating them.

Paper companies will make threats about using the paper tubes.

Back them into a corner to prove that they have title the box, and to quote any ordinance that it's theirs. If their name is not stamped on the box, and it's on another person's property, there may be nothing they can do. But you will want to use the tubes prior to noon so your flyer gets removed and does not sit to get crushed at 4am, or removed by a paper carrier.

dewos
03-24-2009, 11:58 PM
I wish they would just let us put fliers in the mailbox's... I mean I see where they are afraid you will steal mail but, i wouldn't be passing out my number if I was going to steal mail... or just that they want the fee.