PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Izuzu NPR

Farbio
03-24-2009, 07:17 PM
I have a 1998 Izuzu NPR that is completely dead. It hasn't been used since last fall but we moved it a few times in the winter and it was fine.

So, I went to start it a few days ago and it was dead so I put the batteries on a charger. The batteries were old and did not take a charge so I replaced them. Now, the dump bed works but everything else is dead. Not a single thing will turn on in the cab. I looked at how the batteries are hooked up about 10 times just to make sure and everything looks correct.

Any ideas would be helpful.

cantoo
03-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Check the battery connections. Sounds like there are 2 separate wires on the positive post, one for hoist and one for truck. Some wire ends have a stupid little plastic piece on them and it stops the connection from working. Poke the red wire a foot away from the battery with a test light and see if you have power. Not sure about fuses but might want to check them too but if no power at all sounds like battery post connection. Try the simple things first.
Batteries likely went dead from clock and other powered accessories over winter. Next year buy a cheap solar battery tender and it will keep the battery up over the off season.

gene gls
03-24-2009, 09:52 PM
I had a problem with my battires going dead in 3-4 days. I had a master shut off switch put in, no more problems.

zimmatic
03-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Go to the passanger door. Take off the lower cover that protects the heater blower, between the door frame and the dash "corner to corner there should be a set of 3 fuses, check them out. I had the same problem, fuses just needed to be pulled out and pushed back in.

hillbilly_lawnboy
03-24-2009, 10:31 PM
what engine is it. I was a diesel mechanic before i went into buisness. most of those trucks have circuit breakers that will trip when low voltage is sensed. the reason why is because most senors will burn up with less than 12 volts. remember the isuzu is just a glorified gm product. so if you still have trouble you could always ask your local chevy dealership if there isnt an isuzu one close by.

Farbio
03-27-2009, 06:03 PM
does anyone know if there is a fusible link in these pickups if so where is it located?