PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered 1000 doorknob flyer hoders form uline

lawncare010
03-24-2009, 08:06 PM
i just ordered 1000 holders for my flyers that i can put on doors for my business and they were $18 + $8.50 s+h and they will be here thursday

ExtExc
03-24-2009, 09:13 PM
good post?

more information needed.

where is the link to these? how do they work? what do they look like? how much do you have into the fliers?

lawncare010
03-24-2009, 09:21 PM
good post?

more information needed.

where is the link to these? how do they work? what do they look like? how much do you have into the fliers?

http://www.uline.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?model=S-11001&ref=105

will get them on thursday and tell u how they are and i will post up a pic of them and a flyer in them

ExtExc
03-24-2009, 09:46 PM
gotcha. that wouldnt be too bad as long as they dont tear too easy at the door "hole" i can get these through my work at the bulk carton price for 1 carton. this might be an option. thanks.

justgreen
03-25-2009, 11:24 AM
I use doorhangers for advertising, but these could come in really handy when writing letters or notes to my customers. Thanks for the post.

JustGreen

Danscapes
03-25-2009, 11:52 AM
What do you do if the customer has a door handle instead of a door knob?

lawncare010
03-25-2009, 12:00 PM
What do you do if the customer has a door handle instead of a door knob?

they can fit onto a handle or a knob

capnsac
03-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Hanging door hangers is about as much fun as watching paint dry, and a hell of a lot more tiring, LET ME TELL YOU!

lawncare010
03-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Hanging door hangers is about as much fun as watching paint dry, and a hell of a lot more tiring, LET ME TELL YOU!

i am going to put them on the mailbox flags

yes i ask my mail man if it is cool and he and his boss said yes

rockymtnmf
03-25-2009, 03:53 PM
i just ordered 1000 holders for my flyers that i can put on doors for my business and they were $18 + $8.50 s+h and they will be here thursday

Thanks for letting us know.

I just bought oil and filter for my truck, got that today. I also ordered some new belts for the perma-green, they should be here next week.

Hahaha. Just kidding you...seriously... just busting your ball$ a little. $18 bucks is cheap, I hope they work for you.

Opps.. for got my new invoice paper should be here later today as soon as the UPS guy gets here.

Hahaha

dewos
03-25-2009, 06:38 PM
I have used them before and accually used some today because it was raining.. But the only bad thing was that the ones I bought I had to tri fold my flier and most people did not even take my flier out of the bad to look if they wanted anything... OO well maybe you will have better luck..

rnd
03-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Go to RNDSIGNS.COM (http://rndsigns.com)for doorhangers, flyers, postcards and doorhanger bags. See hundreds of advertising bideas from all over the U.S. Request a FREE marketing handbook.

lawncare010
03-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Go to RNDSIGNS.COM (http://rndsigns.com)for doorhangers, flyers, postcards and doorhanger bags. See hundreds of advertising bideas from all over the U.S. Request a FREE marketing handbook.

no no no

i got 1000 bags for $18 and they came in 2 days could of been 1 and u want $54 for 2000 thats 1000 for $27 that is a lot more

jblatti13
04-01-2009, 01:11 AM
stay away from the mail boxes!!!! i too asked the mail man if it was cool with him, it was... so i did it... two days later post office called because some C U Next Tuesday called and complained about advertising on her box. they sent the ticket. i paid. asked who the lady was so i could go kick her teeth in, wouldnt tell me. doesnt matter who tells you its okay, it is federal law, anything put on a box to avoid postage in anyway is a crime, and you will be caught. dont risk it. i paid a pricey fine for that one instance.

lawnproslawncare
04-01-2009, 03:22 AM
Hey! these babies should work good for fertilizer application notices!

Roger
04-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Just an observation ...

I am making my first mowing passes for my customers this week. I noticed on several properties debris in the yard, flower bed next to the front door, or elsewhere on the property -- all fliers or doorhangers of lawn care companies.

I'm not worried about these people taking my customer, but I ask this question: Do you know where your flier or doorhanger is later the same day, the next day, two days later? In these observations, these items were debris laying around the yards. To be sure, the owners didn't see them, but that is not my point. Leaving debris around the neighborhood may not do your cause much good. In hindsight, after seeing several of these pieces yesterday, I recall people in past years complaining about "those guys leaving their stuff, it ends up in my yard, and I need to go pick it up."

I understand your intent with fliers and doorhangers. But, are you doing more harm than good with these items? Just asking ...

For the record, I have never used either one, so cannot answer the question for myself.

Ravenwood Landscaping
04-01-2009, 12:19 PM
I used these last year. I have a postcard ad that I put into them. They worked very well for the price.

They don't break when the knob is bigger than the hole. They stretch very well. I had two issues with them:
1. They aren't good with door handles that don't have an opening (which is more common in higher end areas. There isn't anywhere to put them.
2. If you put them on door handles and it's windy, they will come off very easily. So be careful.

One suggestion for carrying them. I tried just to carry them by hand and these bags are slippery. So when I carried a bunch, I had hard time holding them. I actually found a huge carribeaner (sp?) at Home Depot. I put about 300 of these on one and was able just to pull them off one at a time.

Since then I've found that my postcard ad, is much easier to use by itself. I just slide the postcard between the door and the jamb. They don't come off until the homeowner opens the door.