PDA

View Full Version : Walker Guys

rjones14
03-24-2009, 08:28 PM
I have an 01' GHS with a 26 Kohler. Somehow today I managed to demolish my front hydro pully and hydor fan. It's the very first pully at the front of the mower. I removed the fan and the two set screws that I thought were holding what is left of the pully on. This did not loosen the pully at all, am I missing something or does it require a little elbow grease? I wanted to get a little info before I started prying on it. Thanks for the help.

Jason Rose
03-24-2009, 10:57 PM
It may require a little work... Hit it with some P-Blaster or WD-40 and let it soak in good.

I've shredded a fan before, a stick flipped up in there, little fins went flying everywhere! Took every one of them off!

Green Machine Mowing
03-24-2009, 11:28 PM
if its allready *****d up, just smack it with a BFH!!! lol

Australian Mower Man
03-25-2009, 04:34 AM
As anything with grass, it welds on with corosion, so, take it off and soak it in a pot of diesel for a day, then you will get somewhere.

tomo
03-25-2009, 01:03 PM
hi
use a 2 legged puller . A high dollar unit with very small but strong feet [the feet have to fit between the hydro and pulley boss].
A puller that has a bolt etc to hold the legs together once installed is the best
Either
snap on tools or
sykes pickivant

The pulleys do corrode on after time and also can be installed with locktight shaft retainer compound . This does make the job a pain ,,,
If u require the hydro never never hit the shaft on the end
However if the shaft boss is supported on a solid surface they can be hit with a hammerwith a punch on the side of the boss

preference is always to use a good quality puller

tomo:waving: