PDA

View Full Version : Some photos of a quality deck.

BrandonV
03-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Hey guys these are some photos those of yall who do decks and other structures butted up to a home need to download and use in you're presentations. We thought this job was going to be pretty simple, remove the deck and we're going to do a patio in its place. Unfortunately while ripping the deck off I noticed they used galvanized sheet metal as flashing, thought nothing of it until I took the flashing off. Rotten 2x10 joist... though well dang. Of course I was positive and said to myself, easy we're rip that one off and hopefully the inside joist is still good, except the builder didn't double it up, so the rotten joist is connected to the subfloor, which might have some rot too... I'm not touching this, carpenter is coming in. KEEP these pics, and show folks how NOT TO do this.

mrusk
03-24-2009, 10:42 PM
How do you get the jailbird to work for your company? Is it a work release program? Do you get a tax credit?

BrandonV
03-24-2009, 10:44 PM
ha! I like orange what can I say... that and I have the street smarts of a deer.

BrandonV
03-24-2009, 10:46 PM
left on photo off... here's the waterproofing

skidster32
03-25-2009, 12:23 AM
oooo not good at all...thats a pain to replace.

Bru75
03-25-2009, 12:48 AM
I hate decks.
I've found that a lot of people will hire anybody who comes along to build a deck. They get a poorly built rectangle that doesn't match the house and looks like these pics in a few years.