PDA

View Full Version : John Deere 647A

Green Machine Mowing
03-24-2009, 11:20 PM
Found one about a days round trip away, $3,000, with mulch kit. She has a 48" deck powered by a 19 horse Kawasaki and has a meager 250 hours on it. What do you guys think? Im a small operation and will probably be getting out in a few years, what do you project the value of this gem will be in a few years with say 500-750 hours on it??

What do you have to say, good/ bad about it?

mowerbrad
03-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Sounds like a good deal, one of those new would be around $8000. With only 250 hours on it, it should still be in good condition. The nice thing about this quik trak is that when you do decide to get out in a couple years you could still keep it as a personal mower and not have it be overkill for your yard.

genesis215
03-25-2009, 12:31 PM
The 647 is the very best mower I have ever tried. Awesome cut, beautiful stripes, and is very comfortable to use. It's incredibly fast too. The 7-Iron deck is fantastic, doesn't clog so easily, and does far better in wet grass than anything else. $3000 is an AMAZING deal for one of those, especially with only 250 hours. That would normally be a $4500 mower, and will still be worth $3500 once it has 750 hours on it. Go for it. That's a find of a lifetime.

Green Machine Mowing
03-25-2009, 07:21 PM
im excited to get this thing, put it on hold, will take a longer route home from spring break to take a look, if its in good shape (i expect it is) toss her in the O'll truck and head on home:cool2:

mowerbrad
03-25-2009, 08:56 PM
yea, if that thing is in good shape, you should have that mower for quite a long time. I wish it were closer to me, I would be all over that.

Green Machine Mowing
03-25-2009, 09:05 PM
yea, if that thing is in good shape, you should have that mower for quite a long time. I wish it were closer to me, I would be all over that.
i find the same thing all of the time, mowers for sale every where except here. its still an 8 hour drive round trip if i went strait there.

i was just thinking what if its cheap for a reason, if the hydros or something are goin bad i wont be able to tell, it was a trade in so hopefully they found it to be in good enough condition to put their name on whadda think??

Green Machine Mowing
03-25-2009, 10:47 PM
what can i check at the dealer to make sure that this thing is in good condition and wasent traded in for a reason i dont know of??

Green Machine Mowing
03-25-2009, 11:41 PM
heres an ad i stumbled on, turns out to be "my" mower :dancing:

tell me what you think, if you click on athe pic, it pulls it up full screen.
Please take alook and post any and all coments, worries ect.....

Edit, what in the world is the red thing on the left fender??

Green Machine Mowing
03-26-2009, 11:46 AM
bah-bump :waving: