PDA

View Full Version : walk behind blower owners help

DRBLawnBuster
03-25-2009, 06:58 AM
I picked a 8 hp walkbehind blower outta the garbage and i got it to run great but part of the chute were the air comes out is missing, i dont no what make the blower is either so i cant just go buy a new one. So can someone take a pictures of the front flap were air comes out if it is not blocked. Im looking to fab something but i dotn no were to begin. THanks

Trenchblade
03-25-2009, 08:57 AM
I picked a 8 hp walkbehind blower outta the garbage and i got it to run great but part of the chute were the air comes out is missing, i dont no what make the blower is either so i cant just go buy a new one. So can someone take a pictures of the front flap were air comes out if it is not blocked. Im looking to fab something but i dotn no were to begin. THanks

post a pic of what you got and i can prob help you out. we are constantly having things break and have to get fabrication done.

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
03-25-2009, 09:25 AM
What color is it?

Runner
03-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Yes, it all depends on what kind of bit is, and how old it is. This will be pretty cool to get this going, though! Does it run?

DRBLawnBuster
03-25-2009, 03:02 PM
I will get pictures later today hopefully, it is dark blue and the fan on front was red, yes it runs great i just rebuilt the carb and now im in the process of painting it up.

Runner
03-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Oh, is this the one that had no front wheel? I think you posted a shot of it on another thread, if it is the sae one I'm thinking of. If it is blue, I'm thinking Parker. They used to be light blue years ago.

DRBLawnBuster
03-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Yes that was the blower, but here is mower for the people that havent seen it. The fan was red but it was really wore so that is why there is primer on it now.

The picture of the discharge is were i think a piece is missing, the flap on the outside flips up to blow but should there be something across the front of it when i have the outside open?

DRBLawnBuster
03-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Here is the blower not the mower as i said earlier :], also that is a new air filter i put on since the old one was missing.

Trenchblade
03-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Here is the blower not the mower as i said earlier :], also that is a new air filter i put on since the old one was missing.

looks like an old school billy goat. The piece thats missing is supposed to open up to allow air flow out the front. Once those break we normally just have the piece welded shut

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
03-26-2009, 10:04 AM
That's not a Billy Goat. That's a repainted original Giant-Vac. I'd bet a 4-bladed welded steel fan. They are now marketed as a Giant-Vac "Classic" but it has a different fan now. The little tab above the discharge in the 1st photo is where the spring for the forward discharge attaches. That and the front cover and wishbone are the dead giveaways for me. It's my job and in my blood to recognize blowers, vacs, loaders, etc. and their respective manufacturers.

Runner
03-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Yep. I agree on the GiantVac brand. And that's definitely not the factory paint.lol