PDA

View Full Version : Fresh out of the package

MaineFert
03-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Hey Everyone,
One of fthe first sites I built for our fertilizer sales company. let me know how the site flows and if I can improve on anything. Thanks!

www.keygreen.com

mdvaden
03-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Overall - I like the site.

Why did you decide to add shriveled brown fallen leaves to the header?

Usually, Green sites lean toward living green photos and blossoms.

Guessing that your choice had a premise.

Isobel
03-26-2009, 01:30 AM
The site looks great, but I would make that header about 1/3 or the size it is now.

MaineFert
03-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I went with that header because I liked the sharp green image, but i agree it may be bit large!
Definitely a work in progress!

SouthernLandscapeMgtAB
04-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Nice layout. Very clean and visually appealing. If this is for a big fertilizer promotion, it might be good to have a prominent call to action highlighting the special/promotion.

Did you write the code or use a template? Great job, keep up the good work.

MaineFert
04-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Your right, I need a call to action on this site....
I used a template for the site. I spent too much time trying to build the perfect site..so I just went with something that was nice and crisp and allowed every page to be layed out the same for ease of browsing.

Jim

turfplusutah
05-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Its very clean and easy to follow. I really like the images and layout. I definitely agree with the call to action statement as well, just coming to your site, I'm not sure what you want...

mikey.hill
05-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Nice clean design... 2 things I noticed though ... 1st the header size is up to you ... personally i think it looks good, but the reflection at the top doesn't look so good. (in the css just remove the bg image from <div id="topbg">&nbsp;</div>
) The one below does though ... leads your eyes into the content. 2nd - on the right side nav I think it would look better if you had some separation of your contact info - everything from Keygreen down should be moved slightly lower and separated from the rest.

mikey.hill
05-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Also noticed your contact page(http://www.keygreen.com/Contact.html#) title is Thank You ... guessing you did this b/c after submitting the form it redirects back. Should probably change this to Contact Us or something similiar ... Titles are important to google yahoo.

Client Critic
05-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Did you use a free website design template or did you build this from scratch?