PDA

View Full Version : Blades for JD

1999frontier
03-25-2009, 10:00 AM
I took my JD 727A yesterday to the dealer. The eye bolt that the belt tension spring hooks to was about rubbed all the way through. Its under warranty. I've only got 78 hours on it. I asked them about some blades and they gave me a price of about $21-$22 per blade. I side discharge and I was wondering where I should try to get blades at? Last year when I changed them I didn't remember them being that high.

whole9er
03-25-2009, 11:44 AM
I have a 737 with bagger so I run high lifts, but I do a large property where bagging would be to much so I side discharge, my high lifts spread the grass out about ten feet very good dispersion, I had regular blades on my 757 and side discharge was considerably less far, you could actally see the clippings, wasn't this way with the 737. You may want to try interchanging high lifts with mulching blades there are some threads I have read that make sense. I bought blades last year from the dealer for 21 a blade so that price sounds about right.

ixlr8
03-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Do you have an idea where to get high lift blades for a 727a? I am looking for some for mine, and have not been able to find any. I have tried dealer, Mowparts and Stens, any others that I am missing?

TIA

1999frontier
03-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Check with your dealer. I checked www.jdparts.com and this is the part number. It is: M144652 BLADE, 54 COMMERCIAL HIGH LIFT $21.53 per blade.

1999frontier
03-25-2009, 02:09 PM
None of the sites I've looked at have the same specs as this blade.

tamadrummer
03-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Go to a normal dealer that is NOT JD and buy the Oregon high lifts. They are way better, last longer and WAY cheaper.

I pay $10 a blade and buy them by the box. Same mower- 727a.

My 3n1 magnums are $13/ea and I buy them by the box as well.

I will not give JD another dime of my money except for what I am forced into like my hydro filter.

ixlr8
03-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Go to a normal dealer that is NOT JD and buy the Oregon high lifts. Do you have a part number you are using? I checked the Oregon site and they listed a 'standard' blade, Gator Mulcher and Gator Mulcher 3 in 1. I didn't see anything that suggested high lift.

TIA

tamadrummer
03-25-2009, 09:48 PM
No idea I will go to the dealer tomorrow and ask. I have the number for my 3n1 magnums but not the high lifts.

I believe that the blades are just called their standard JD blades because the Hi-lift is the standard blade that comes with all JD mowers.

Roger
03-25-2009, 10:02 PM
I ordered JD blades for my 717A from this place:

http://www.arendsbros.com

They were very helpful on the phone, and I received the order very promptly.

On the Home page, there is a bar to click for "JD Parts" I went through the list, searching for the 727. There are a couple of different 54" decks, pacing through various serial numbers. However, the high-lift blades were shown as part M144652 on various s/n decks.

If you have your JD Operator's Manual for the 727, the part number for the blades should be inside (they are listed for my 717A). My three blades were about $49 + $5 shipping.

I have never seen Oregon aftermarket blades for the JD 7 Iron II deck. My JD high-lift blades work so well, I am reluctant to try another aftermarket blade. Having said that, I do run Gator blades on my 7 Iron II deck, and they work well. But, I only use them very early in the Spring with little growth, and then in the Fall for leaf mulching. They don't have enough discharge force for good clipping dispersal. They tend to leave rows of clippings, whereas the high-left JD blades leave a very even spread of clippings.

padrefargo
03-26-2009, 05:40 PM
1999frontier, keep the link below bookmarked for future reference regarding your eye-bolt issue. I have a 2006 717A and am on my third eye-bolt, and my next one will be the one on this link...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=2281917&postcount=2

Regarding the blades, I use Gator Magnums on my 717A and am delighted. I think I bought them on mowparts.com. I do it all, mulch some time, side chute, and bag with an Accelerator, and am delighted with the Gators.

Roger
03-26-2009, 08:58 PM
1999frontier, keep the link below bookmarked for future reference regarding your eye-bolt issue. ...

I think this is reference to my post last April. This points to post #2, but #5 (I think) includes a pic of the eyebolt.