PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I've been targeted

B&D Lawn Care
03-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Had a chainsaw that I left in the bed of my truck that was backed up to my house. On top of that it was pouring ass rain all weekend. I feel like someone is constantly checking up to see what I left out. I say this b/c in the past year I've had my truck broke in and a trimmer stolen (which was totally my fault) BTW I came in from a job and left it out there just tryin to hurry and get inside and forgot about it. But I got something for those lil bastards. I'm puttin up a deer cam this weekend and I'm gonna bait them by puttin an old power tool of some sort out there and figure out who in the hell is doin this. Time for a lil vigilante justice!!!!! Premo style!

4.3mudder
03-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Sorry to hear about that. Man, times are getting tough, so there is going to be more theiving than ever too. Sucks.

ambersLawnmowing
03-26-2009, 02:17 AM
Had a chainsaw that I left in the bed of my truck that was backed up to my house. On top of that it was pouring ass rain all weekend. I feel like someone is constantly checking up to see what I left out. I say this b/c in the past year I've had my truck broke in and a trimmer stolen (which was totally my fault) BTW I came in from a job and left it out there just tryin to hurry and get inside and forgot about it. But I got something for those lil bastards. I'm puttin up a deer cam this weekend and I'm gonna bait them by puttin an old power tool of some sort out there and figure out who in the hell is doin this. Time for a lil vigilante justice!!!!! Premo style!

Deer cams work but landmines work better for payback..LOL.. My father told me a story one time about his shed getting broken into all the time. What he did was put an old stripped ext. cord on the gate and pluged itin at night. People stopped breaking in.. 120 volts suck when your not expecting it...LOL Sorry for your loss and better luck to you next time..

Ben's Landscape
03-26-2009, 06:40 PM
That sucks man!!! Good luck catching the crocks!!!

Jason Pallas
03-27-2009, 01:45 AM
120 volts to another chainsaw in the back of your truck otta teach them a lesson! I hate thieves!

SC Irrigator
03-28-2009, 09:03 AM
get cameras at your house......we have them all over our property b/c we live in the ghetto lol and started having a problem with that....now no one is stupid enough to come onto the property...everyone is always like your that guy with all the cameras right lol......so word will spread fast.......try that it should work

derbydon
03-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Don't forget about the oldie but goodie baited gas can with either pre-mix or sugar thrown in.

B&D Lawn Care
03-28-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm hoping I can nail this guy. I feel like it's the same person only because the chainsaw was left out when it was pouring rain and you couldn't see it. So there was nothing to attract him up here. Plus the truck was backed up to the house and you couldn't see in the back of it if you wanted to. So my plan is to nab a picture of him, file a police report, find the perp and try to convince him to gimme my chit back before he finds out the cops are involved. I feel like he's local as well, like within a mile or so of me.

J.A.G LAWNCARE
03-29-2009, 08:52 PM
he will steal your deer cam ..............joke will still be on you.........

B&D Lawn Care
03-29-2009, 09:10 PM

HA HA HA that is funny but I will have the cam located in an upstairs window. So the jokes on him!

lifetree
03-29-2009, 09:24 PM

HA HA HA that is funny but I will have the cam located in an upstairs window. So the jokes on him!

lmao ... !!

Lux Lawn
03-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Don't forget about the oldie but goodie baited gas can with either pre-mix or sugar thrown in.

Same thing I was thinking.
They will definitely steal the gas if they come back. Just mark a can regular and put some sugar or something in it.

punt66
03-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Same thing I was thinking.
They will definitely steal the gas if they come back. Just mark a can regular and put some sugar or something in it.

Put water in it. sugar doesnt do anything.

mtg97
04-29-2009, 03:11 PM
If your going to put your camera on the inside of your window and its a cheap one the flash is goin to reflect off of your window

triadpm
05-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Put bleach in the gas can

ARKANSAS OPE
05-14-2009, 08:12 AM
I have a customer that paints his equipment with an unusual color so he can identify the machine from a distance. He said, it is usually a very ugly paint job also so it appears to be an old worn out machine.....

rls260
05-14-2009, 08:38 AM
sounds like it might be a neighbors delinquent kid or roaming crack head from a nearby area. I use to have the same problem when I lived in the city be careful with the extension cord though where I use to live they would lock you up if you set traps, or fired a weapon in city limits even in self defense most cities are backwards this way. Lock every thing down even if you have a pit bull put him on a chain and lock that to, friend had 2 stolen. I leave a lot of broken down stuff out with a new coat of paint it lets me know if anyone is on the prowl, fishing line at face height works real good and hearts like hell. I haven't had any problem since I moved to the country we will shoot them mount them on the wall and have our picture on the front page of the 4 page paper standing next to the trophy, and to my surprise they actually prosecute the hell out of thieves around here year first petty theft offense 30 days to 6 months for writing a bad check and not making it right. We leave the doors unlocked for entertainment in case one of these scum choose to drop by so we can watch granny whoop there ass.

DMPServices
05-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Buy a glock