PDA

View Full Version : Echo backpack blowers: orange vs. grey...

Damian
03-26-2009, 02:17 AM
Sorry for lack of model info here guys, but for the past few years, I've been working solo and with an orange Echo 2 cycle backpack blower - the one weih the metal welded throttle handle, on/off switch and plastic throttle control. I've taken on a helper this year and inherited a grey? Echo backpack (2 cycle) blower that can seriously put out some air. But... it seems the choke position has been reversed as well as the throttle - plus instead of an on/off switch, the throttle lever is just all the way at the top. To be clear, the Orange choke used to be in the down position, but the grey seems opposite. I am getting wrist and elbow damage trying to get this ******** thing to start, but when it works, and I don't forget which direction to put the lever, it does kick some ass. Here's the question: Am I right about the controls direction being reversed and that is part of the problems I'm having getting it running or is the damn thing just rigged wrong by the last crew to make it work? Or is it just carberuetor settings?

terrapro
03-26-2009, 08:52 AM
the 650 i have has left hand throttle. all the way forward or down is full throttle, all the way back is kill switch.

choke off the top of my head i believe is up and down is no choke. i will go check and make sure

PLS-Tx
03-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Get a BR-600. :)

kaferhaus
03-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Get a BR-600. :)

Ditto:) what he said

MnDLawn
03-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Ditto:) what he said

lol, I'm with them.

Damian
03-27-2009, 02:24 PM
the 650 i have has left hand throttle. all the way forward or down is full throttle, all the way back is kill switch.

choke off the top of my head i believe is up and down is no choke. i will go check and make sure

Yes, it appears that it is that way. A real pain in the wrist and elbow trying to get it started sometimes.

Thanks for replying and confirming btw.

Elite Outdoor
03-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Yeh they are different. I used to have the pb400, which sounds like the orange one you have. A bought the pb650 next and everything is backwords. You can take the throttle apart on the 650 and turn it around. Thats what I did, it was killing my thumb the otherway.

ed2hess
03-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Take the cover off the filter and look to see which position the choke plate is in when you move the lever. It makes a big difference in starting.....Put a piece of tape on with markings on which postion is choke. A lot of equipment is different so just got to put that stuff in your brain.