PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on mini-ex plate compactor

forestfireguy
03-26-2009, 01:43 PM
We have a seawall project coming up and I was thinking.......dangerous I know. Anyway most of the lakes around here are private club setups, and as such they each have their own regulations for this type of project. We have done several and the messiest part is always getting in the base and compacting it. Basically we set up silt fencing out about 15 ft from shore and then sandbag sections and keep a trashpump running to keep the water at a resonable level, was thinking a machine mounted plate compactor may make this step easier and less messy, we've had all sorts of issues doing it in the past, how do you guys do these projects? I actually didn't give the full story, normally we wait for the lake to be pulled down to build a new wall, this one is a repair of about 45 feet of wall 3 feet high and excavating behind the rest of the wall and restoning behind it. And the house will be going on the market so waiting for a pull down is not an option. Really I wonder how well these compactors work and if there are any issues when using them.

forestfireguy
03-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Cmon guys, any help on this one????

AllHardscaping
03-30-2009, 09:50 PM
They work well as long as you have a good operator. Be sure to keep it level and make sure you have clear access to manuever the excavator around. Depending on how high the wall is make sure you have a large enough machine with enough reach to get to your base without getting to close to the edge. Some rentals at the bigger more reputable companies have a long boom.