PDA

View Full Version : google page rank dropped??!?!?!

birdturd9726
03-26-2009, 04:44 PM
in the past few days, my google rank for "suffolk county landscaping" dropped from 7 to somewhere beyond the 11th page. The only thing i can think of that would casue this is that i have recently started posting multiple craigslist ads..

i have always posted 3 craigslist ads every day under the service categores because it helped my rank a little and i got decent conversions. I recently begun posting the same 3 craigslist ads in the service categories plus began posting ads in the for sale section listing my services. The total ads each day for posting has become about 10. I am thinking this has hurt my google ranking. Any help from a SEO pro would really be appreciated. Thanks

Team-Green L&L
03-28-2009, 05:54 AM
CL is a nofollow site and your postings would not penalize you. I will take a look at your site real quick and post again.

You have oodles of duplicate content out there and I would definitely start by cleaning that up and make sure future syndications are unique. Copyscape.com will show you where all the duplicate content is, but here's a quick screenshot for you.

Also, from the attachment, I can see where you have used "spammy" tactics for SEO. Google USED TO fall for that, but now they penalize for excessive keyword-stuffing.

trey_bernhardt
03-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Besides owning a lawn care company I still do internet marketing for car dealers (my main gig for the last 8 years) by contract. OK, I bet you can be on the first page if you make a few simple changes. Title:
Now the title is: B & B Maintenence, Inc. OK this needs to be changed to:

title= Suffolk County Landscaping * Lawn-Yard-Tree * B & B Maintenence, Inc.

Show a last update as the day you make this change. MOst web designers do not put in a last changed date & this is a serious error. When you change a date in a website this sends a message to the search engines to "SPYDER" your site for changes. You have common mistakes that most web designers make. Maybe they make pretty websites but most have NO KNOWLEDGE of what it takes to get 1st page listings for a website. Try what I say and let me know after a week if your ranking changed for the better.

I blast over big companies in lawn yard and tree care in San Antonio on the internet. I keep 2 crews busy yaer round as I also do property clean up & haul away service. This alone has doubled my income in a few months. If your company needs "BLASTING" in the search engines.....I will do it for cheap.....

TREY

Trey Bernhardt

birdturd9726
03-28-2009, 11:14 AM
CL is a nofollow site and your postings would not penalize you. I will take a look at your site real quick and post again.

You have oodles of duplicate content out there and I would definitely start by cleaning that up and make sure future syndications are unique. Copyscape.com will show you where all the duplicate content is, but here's a quick screenshot for you.

Also, from the attachment, I can see where you have used "spammy" tactics for SEO. Google USED TO fall for that, but now they penalize for excessive keyword-stuffing.

I just edited some of the oodle and backpage posts using the "spammy tactics" I am currently sitting at 46 with google for 'suffolk county landscaping' in which i was sitting at around 5 2 weeks ago. What else would you recommend to get my rank back up

Besides owning a lawn care company I still do internet marketing for car dealers (my main gig for the last 8 years) by contract. OK, I bet you can be on the first page if you make a few simple changes. Title:
Now the title is: B & B Maintenence, Inc. OK this needs to be changed to:

title= Suffolk County Landscaping * Lawn-Yard-Tree * B & B Maintenence, Inc.

Show a last update as the day you make this change. MOst web designers do not put in a last changed date & this is a serious error. When you change a date in a website this sends a message to the search engines to "SPYDER" your site for changes. You have common mistakes that most web designers make. Maybe they make pretty websites but most have NO KNOWLEDGE of what it takes to get 1st page listings for a website. Try what I say and let me know after a week if your ranking changed for the better.

I blast over big companies in lawn yard and tree care in San Antonio on the internet. I keep 2 crews busy yaer round as I also do property clean up & haul away service. This alone has doubled my income in a few months. If your company needs "BLASTING" in the search engines.....I will do it for cheap.....

TREY

Trey Bernhardt

please inform me on how to put in a last update. I used a template designer from webs.com . let me know if you know how to add the date. Thanks

any more information would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!

Team-Green L&L
03-28-2009, 12:49 PM
What he is referring to are meta tags: The "title" tag and the "description" tag. Use keywords in these two tags. Also, use keywords when possible in the "alt" tag for each picture. Just remember that alt tags are used by blind people, so don't be spammy.

I think what he is referring to on the date thing is logfiles, but I'm not sure. It is true that a sitemap can be written to tell the spiders to crawl every X days and so can your meta tags, but I don't know if spiders will "automatically" hit your site because you update a date somewhere in the content?

Add a couple lines of hidden text in the code like <!--This is hidden text-->. Just a couple now, so not to anger the Google Gods. Use keywords in the way you separate your code for the greatest effectiveness:
(ie; <!--Landscaping Body--><!--Lawn Care Body-->).

I'll look again a little later...

birdturd9726
03-28-2009, 05:30 PM
i am limited to how much i can edit because it is a template. Would you recommend adding more pages. Like breaking up my services to where it brings you to a services page and then a picture you click on to bring you to more information about that service. Or would you recommend just adding more relevant pages with context like breaking the services up into spring services maintenance services fall services, ect. Thanks.

Please let me know what you would do if this were your website.

Team-Green L&L
03-30-2009, 01:21 AM
i am limited to how much i can edit because it is a template. Would you recommend adding more pages. Like breaking up my services to where it brings you to a services page and then a picture you click on to bring you to more information about that service. Or would you recommend just adding more relevant pages with context like breaking the services up into spring services maintenance services fall services, ect. Thanks.

Please let me know what you would do if this were your website.

If you are limited, but can organize then try this. Create a folder for each one of your main pages. Name it a keyword corresponding with the type of page it is. Be sure that you have all your links pointed where your root folder is. Now Google will see a well organized site broken up into categories that, just so happen, to be your keywords.

Flow Control
03-30-2009, 07:40 AM
Great info guys

Flow Control
03-30-2009, 07:41 AM
trey, please explain more about the date thing. What is your opinion of Tag Clouds?

Team-Green L&L
03-30-2009, 12:17 PM
trey, please explain more about the date thing. What is your opinion of Tag Clouds?

The date thing I cannot give an honest opinion on. I study logfiles, which are essentially Google analytics in it's primitive form. They are dated and are tracked, but as far as a simple date change. I dunno?

Tag Clouds are used on sites with a vast amount of content. Usually Social Networks and Blogs. These features are used to help the user navigate and see what the majority of the site's content is pertaining quickly. They do not help in SEO much. The tags themselves help some though.

Flow Control
03-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Andrew,

I purchased the IBP (internet business promoter) that you mentioned in a earlier post regarding rankings. I have currently been adding a lot of pages to one of my sites and I am waiting to complete that and add a site map and google search button before I start to use the IBP.

If you had to rate the IBP software 1-10 what would you rate it for SEO effectiveness?

Team-Green L&L
03-31-2009, 09:39 AM
Andrew,

I purchased the IBP (internet business promoter) that you mentioned in a earlier post regarding rankings. I have currently been adding a lot of pages to one of my sites and I am waiting to complete that and add a site map and google search button before I start to use the IBP.

If you had to rate the IBP software 1-10 what would you rate it for SEO effectiveness?

IBP 10 is a wonderful software for on-site optimization, checking competitor's techniques, and increasing ranking one keyword at a time. Where it lacks is in the Arelis link program. That program is spam in my eyes. Also, the directory submissions should be done manually. DO NOT do an automatic submission. Other than those 2 things I love IBP. I like SEO Elite just as much though. With SEO, the majority of the work is off-site though and neither of these softwares will help produce content, only check it.

If you want a software that will help produce content I would look at this site: http://www.spinprofit.com/. Unique content is PLATINUM in this business. If you are getting into off-site content, let me jump-start you with some tips:

Word Counts should be 300-500 words with 2 anchor links to 2 different pages in your site (I like to deep link to pages deeper than the home page). Make sure your bio has good and relevant info in it with a link. Next is know is where to submit your content. Most people submit to their own blog, but if your glob were reputable already you wouldn't be reading this, so let's use some reputable off-site databases like: ArticleStars.com, Articlesbase.com, GoArticles.com, EnzineArticles.com, etc. These are all PR 3-6 websites and when they review your article (which should be written well) they will give you a backlink in return for the content. This is the best way to build a reputation. After it is built...just blog.

topsites
04-06-2009, 02:08 AM
Well, I tell you...

http://www.google.com/search?q=related:stonypointlawncare.com

I found the 1st, 4th, and 5th result very interesting :p

The 2nd page finds my site related to Scotts Miracle-Gro :p
All in all several other lawn related sites.
And...
Some Linux things :confused:

Of course there's the usual Stony point by location nonsense...
Some days makes me wish I had thought of a different name.
But then that could be thinking in terms of spamming LOL

Team-Green L&L
04-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Well, I tell you...

http://www.google.com/search?q=related:stonypointlawncare.com

I found the 1st, 4th, and 5th result very interesting :p

I am confused on your point here. The query is for your company's actual name I presume? Pretty focused keyword there, but where is your listing? I certainly don't see it where you said it was...

birdturd9726
04-23-2009, 10:02 PM
my site has yet to re-gain the #1 page. Please help and see what has went wrong. Thanks

Turboguy
04-24-2009, 07:45 AM
You have a nice looking site but it does not strike me as being well optimized. Your meta tags don't contain a discription at all, you have a weak title and your content is not very keyword rich.

birdturd9726
04-24-2009, 08:23 PM
You have a nice looking site but it does not strike me as being well optimized. Your meta tags don't contain a discription at all, you have a weak title and your content is not very keyword rich.

please help me as 2 months ago i was ranked on the first page for pretty much everything. I slowly kept dropping, and i just checked, and am not even ranked on Google anymore as of today. Please give me your opinion on what my meta tags should be, and what i should change my title to be. Also how can i improve my content to make it keyword rich??

trey_bernhardt
04-25-2009, 02:43 AM
In the section of the webpage where you can place text do this:
Add at either the top or bottom of the text the following:

last update: 04-25-2009 @ 12:42 hours (what ever time it is)

in the title section add what you do & where.....then the company name.....

Trey Bernhardt

trey_bernhardt
04-25-2009, 02:57 AM
I almost forgot, if you use a FREE template be carefull, many of the companies place the name of the company providing FREE template in the TITLE space & not yours, this kills your website as far as SEARCH ENGINE placement. The FREE TEMPLATE company gets the glory not you. Ain't NOTHING free........it's better to pay someone a fee & get your website listed than have a website that comes up #19976 out of 103,000 websites pertaining to the same subjest. Websites are graded by the search engines with points, errors in a website DEDUCT points, I have learned & still learning from my dad how to write(author) webpages. My dad is a website guru & knows all the secrets and backdoors to website placement. MOst websites have just the company name in the title. If a persone already knows your company name they do not need a search engine. You are tryiong to reach NEW CUSTOMERS on the web. With just your name in the title that is not going to happen. Over 90% of websites have terrible errors, because the author does not understand how search engines work to GRADE a website for placement. Other than give aways to customers & prospective customers I use the internet spending a few hundred dollars a years for website hosting. Plus I study MY website ranking on almost a daily basis to see if I need to UPDATE or change something to get better ratings.
TREY!!!

birdturd9726
04-25-2009, 08:49 AM
I almost forgot, if you use a FREE template be carefull, many of the companies place the name of the company providing FREE template in the TITLE space & not yours, this kills your website as far as SEARCH ENGINE placement. The FREE TEMPLATE company gets the glory not you. Ain't NOTHING free........it's better to pay someone a fee & get your website listed than have a website that comes up #19976 out of 103,000 websites pertaining to the same subjest. Websites are graded by the search engines with points, errors in a website DEDUCT points, I have learned & still learning from my dad how to write(author) webpages. My dad is a website guru & knows all the secrets and backdoors to website placement. MOst websites have just the company name in the title. If a persone already knows your company name they do not need a search engine. You are tryiong to reach NEW CUSTOMERS on the web. With just your name in the title that is not going to happen. Over 90% of websites have terrible errors, because the author does not understand how search engines work to GRADE a website for placement. Other than give aways to customers & prospective customers I use the internet spending a few hundred dollars a years for website hosting. Plus I study MY website ranking on almost a daily basis to see if I need to UPDATE or change something to get better ratings.
TREY!!!

i will change my title and add the last update. I dont have no "free" on my page. i pay for my hosting and my membership to the website in which provides the template. I dont know why i am no longer ranked on google. On yahoo and msn live, i am rank pretty good for my major terms. Take a look at my rankings from the following screenshot and let me know what i may be doing wrong with google.

Kiril
04-25-2009, 09:25 AM
If I wanted to check a file for changes, the last thing I would do is parse it ..... just saying.