PDA

View Full Version : Toro aftermarket bagging baffles. Anyone use?

FourTrees
03-26-2009, 05:58 PM
I bag basically 100%. I use a toro 36 WB as primary. I just talked to my dealer about improving bagging quality and he mentioned some after market baffles. Anyone use these and what results have you had?

Thanks

David Haggerty
03-26-2009, 06:04 PM
I use a 36" Toro WB with a 14hp motor. It cut & bagged poorly until I started using double blades. (in an X configuration)
It really helps the discharge air flow. It gets to be a problem keeping clippings out of the beds, but if you're bagging most everything it should not be a problem.

FourTrees
03-26-2009, 06:12 PM
I use a 36" Toro WB with a 14hp motor. It cut & bagged poorly until I started using double blades. (in an X configuration)
It really helps the discharge air flow. It gets to be a problem keeping clippings out of the beds, but if you're bagging most everything it should not be a problem.

Thanks for info. Are both a high lift style or basic blade? Thanks again.

David Haggerty
03-26-2009, 06:54 PM
It's a conventional blade o the bottom and gator mlching blades on the top to help chop up the clippings. But I have a lot of clippings cutting bluegrass.
Clippings probably aren't a big issue for you. I'd just try two of whatever you have. Then if you want to move more air, order some high lift blades. But I'd bet two conventional blades would be sufficient.

I put a .25" washer between the two blades too. But it's not really necessary. Just helps chop up clippings better. Good luck with it.

FourTrees
03-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks again David.

Hopefully I can find someone that has run the baffles. Just curios how well they work.