PDA

View Full Version : A 14 year old's equipment

scagdude
03-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to show you guys some pics of my equipment. I have paid for all of this myself with no loans except my dad bought the truck. I currently service 10 weekly mowing customers. I am only 14 and obviously in school and i also play any sports so i am doing pretty weel to have 10! Let me know what you guys think.

mowerbrad
03-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Looks like you are doing pretty well. But why do you need two 36" mowers when you are solo?

nnj18
03-26-2009, 09:30 PM
looks nice man....lets get some better pix and some of your work....just some quick advice, sell a 36" and 21" and buy yourself a used 48" for around $1500.

that house in the picture, whats it worth by you?

(I like how SOME member actually tell the TRUTH :laugh: )

Jelinek61
03-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Who drives the truck if ur only 14?

scagdude
03-26-2009, 09:35 PM
some more........

SNAPPER MAN
03-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Man all that looks nice. Trailer looks good. Keep up the good work man!!

scagdude
03-26-2009, 09:36 PM
last one for now

Nick's Lawn Care
03-26-2009, 09:39 PM
I like that little trailer... It looks alot like sean's.

Keep it up!:weightlifter:

I would get a 52"-60"...

Nick

scagdude
03-26-2009, 09:40 PM
my mom who is awesome and i couldnt do this with out her drives us around!!! i am not solo i have another guy that works with me but i own the company and all the equipment. when you talk about the house and whats it worth to me, do you mean for like a weekly mowing? thanks for all the nice replies. keep them coming!!! i will try and get some of the yards i do also. they will be later though if i can get them

SNAPPER MAN
03-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Haha my trailer is basically the same except I got 4' sides. I would stick with the 36" mowers. If they are paid for then let them make you some money.

scagdude
03-26-2009, 09:41 PM
im trying to save up for a ztr but am going to get a commercial one when i get it but just have to wait till i get the cash!! Little trailer?!?!?!? it is a 6'4"x 12'. is that little?

scagdude
03-26-2009, 09:42 PM
ya thats exactly what i have been thinking snapperman. they are paid off and work great for the size yards i do.

nnj18
03-26-2009, 09:44 PM
when you talk about the house and whats it worth to me, do you mean for like a weekly mowing?

no like whats its cost to buy one that size by you? if you have a guy work with you why do you have your mom drive with you? and if you're doing those propeties there you can fit a 60" on them np...but like i said before i'd just get a 48" for now, it will save a ton of time trust me

mowerdude777
03-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Damn that is one sweet setup:) Soon I will be fourteen and I don't even expect to have my set up be as nice as yours.

scagdude
03-26-2009, 09:50 PM
oh that is probably a $800,000 house...at least!!! and the reason for my mom driving is because the guy working with me is one of my really good friends but he understands that i own the business and all equipment and he works for not too much pay. he is passionate about it just like me.

scagdude
03-26-2009, 09:51 PM
ya mowerdude 777 i have worked very hard for all this.....if you work hard it pays off. how many weekly accounts do you service?

scagdude
03-26-2009, 09:52 PM
mowerdude777-- are you solo?

SNAPPER MAN
03-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Thats kool what you're doing man. I still do not understand why people want to put a 60" ztr on these residential lawns. I think walkbehinds do way better on high end residential because they do not rut and just leave better looking lines/stripes. Keep doing what you are doing and you will go a long way.

South Florida Lawns
03-26-2009, 09:53 PM
I like your stuff. That trailer is the perfect size for the operation your running, can you get some pics of that box up front on the trailer? I'm gonna either build or buy one for my trailer. Oh are you making payments on that truck, or is it strictly your dads?

IntegrityGuy
03-26-2009, 09:57 PM
I like your stuff. That trailer is the perfect size for the operation your running, can you get some pics of that box up front on the trailer? I'm gonna either build or buy one for my trailer. Oh are you making payments on that truck, or is it strictly your dads?

ill bet the truck is stricly his. he already said his dad paid for it, no need to rub it in. I get slammed every day on here for saying my dad paid for my truck.

nice stuff.

scagdude
03-26-2009, 09:58 PM
it is stictly my dads until i turn 16 and then he is going to sign it over to me and i have to pay nothing....it rocks!!! ya i will get some pics of that box as soon as i can. i agree, snapperman, my customers which all are high end resis do not want ruts. the walkbehinds are great and nnj18 i see what u are saying about the 48" but i really like my current set up so im gonna stick with what ive got for now

mowerdude777
03-26-2009, 10:02 PM
ya mowerdude 777 i have worked very hard for all this.....if you work hard it pays off. how many weekly accounts do you service?

Currently I have only five most of my former coustomers have lost there jobs and need to save money. Last year I had 11 lawns. I have been mowin since i was eight.

Nick's Lawn Care
03-26-2009, 10:03 PM
it is stictly my dads until i turn 16 and then he is going to sign it over to me and i have to pay nothing....it rocks!!! ya i will get some pics of that box as soon as i can. i agree, snapperman, my customers which all are high end resis do not want ruts. the walkbehinds are great and nnj18 i see what u are saying about the 48" but i really like my current set up so im gonna stick with what ive got for now

Can you own a truck when your 16?

I thought you had to be 18?

Just asking....

scagdude
03-26-2009, 10:09 PM
thats cool mowerdude777. good luck in aquiring more lawns soon. uhh nicks lawn care im not actually sure. i know you can have a joint ownership at 16 where i on part and he owns part but i think i can own it at 16 not sure though i will have to check into that....thanks for the heads up though

Nick's Lawn Care
03-26-2009, 10:11 PM
thats cool mowerdude777. good luck in aquiring more lawns soon. uhh nicks lawn care im not actually sure. i know you can have a joint ownership at 16 where i on part and he owns part but i think i can own it at 16 not sure though i will have to check into that....thanks for the heads up though

I think that it is so stupid that you can drive a car at 16 but cant own one...:laugh::hammerhead: it just doesn't make sense to me...

Coastal Lawn Maintenance
03-26-2009, 10:17 PM
every law i have seen you have to be 18 to take full owner ship of a car/truck. lets see some picture of the work You do

scagdude
03-26-2009, 10:19 PM
ya i think it is stupid as well!! i havent taken any work pics but i will takesome and have them up by saturday orsunday hopefully...if i remember to bring the camera lol

scagdude
03-26-2009, 10:23 PM
South fLORIDA LAWNS HERE ARE THE PICS OF THE LANDSCAPE BOX UP FRONT THAT U ASKED FOR. I GOT MINE FOR $200 when i bought the trailer and i added it as a feature on my trailer.

scagdude
03-26-2009, 10:24 PM
sorry if these are a little dark i just took them like 5 min ago!!!

DRBLawnBuster
03-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Scag Dude i love the setup that is a nice professoinal looking set-up , I no you said you like your 36" mowers but that is what i thought that a 36" is perfect but when i got my 48" it is great it is so much more efficent and time saving.

Do you pull sulkys with the mowers?

Which one do you like better lesco or scag?

Lawn Enforcer
03-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Nice work! You're off to a good start at age 14, keep it up and you will go far!:weightlifter:

Big C
03-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Nice setup:clapping::clapping:

powernoje
03-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Where did you get your trailer?

Kennedy Landscaping
03-26-2009, 11:52 PM
Dude that setup is awesome! I really like that 09 truck too! I'd be afraid to scratch it up, have fun and good luck this season!

Kennedy Landscaping
03-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Also, not to bash you or start a war here, but I see you have some Scotts. Just be careful about where you put that stuff down, sometimes you need a license for that stuff, which is really stupid IMO. But some states are like that, just figured I'd give ya a heads up just in case!

Lakewlc
03-27-2009, 12:03 AM
everything looks great, i love that trailer. good luck this season

scagdude
03-28-2009, 01:39 AM
thanks guys and no i dont pull sulkys and i definitely like the scag better, just seems to be much more of a stronger built machine imo. and as far as the scotts goes we just picked that up for our yard and threw it in the back of the trailer. we dont mess with the chem aspect yet

scagdude
03-28-2009, 01:39 AM
i got my trailer in weatherford, texas

2brothersyardcare
03-28-2009, 08:36 AM
nice **** man wish i had that now im 16

hvphotog
03-28-2009, 09:09 AM
my mom who is awesome and i couldnt do this with out her drives us around!!! i am not solo i have another guy that works with me but i own the company and all the equipment. when you talk about the house and whats it worth to me, do you mean for like a weekly mowing? thanks for all the nice replies. keep them coming!!! i will try and get some of the yards i do also. they will be later though if i can get them

Gotta love mom's, they do it anything and all for their kids :) Looks great some sweet equipment and well on your way Thumbs Up

hvphotog
03-28-2009, 09:15 AM

Great business choice to stick with what you have being it is all paid off Thumbs Up

No need to get into debt just to have a nice big machine when what you have is working well and in the end the best and most economical way to run your business at this time..

scagdude
03-28-2009, 11:00 AM
i really apprciate all the nice comments guys. when i posted these i was kinda scared i would get bashed like every other time i have talked about my equipment. they tell me im lying and there is no way i paid for all of this myself. look at pages 2 and 3 of this thread as an example http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=267350&page=3 i did pay for everything i have myself except the truck and i worked very hard to do so. i m so glad there are finally some good guys on here that encourage us on here. Thanks guys it really means a lot

hvphotog
03-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Scagdude.. DO NOT pay attention to negative people they typically are unhappy with their life and lash out to try and make themself feel better.. you are doing a tremendous job any normal healthy minded person would be proud of and i am sure your parents are very proud of you as they should be

Keep up the awesome job:clapping:

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
03-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Scagdude.. DO NOT pay attention to negative people they typically are unhappy with their life and lash out to try and make themself feel better.. you are doing a tremendous job any normal healthy minded person would be proud of and i am sure your parents are very proud of you as they should be

Keep up the awesome job:clapping:
You got that right .
If your are 14 you are doing a real good job/ and thank your mom for being a good mom for driving you . My mom took me to work when I was 15 ( been a long time ) Just love your mom and the work that you are doing!!!

scagdude
03-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks again guys and i tell her thank you everyday because like i said before i couldn't do this without her. She is incredible!!

2brothersyardcare
03-29-2009, 02:00 PM
She is incredible!!

i no man i no :cool2:

WGLandscapeMaintenance
10-11-2009, 05:22 PM
If you only have 10 accounts or w/e it is, why do you have someone working for you? That's just lost profit for you!

joef450snowplow
10-12-2009, 09:23 PM
nice set up im 15 and gust got a scag used last summer wish i had what u got right now hahah hate walking

RN Lawncare
10-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Man, thats some nice equipment! Also, In that first picture that is an amazing house! Lookin good Scag.

Smithco Lawncare
10-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Whoa, Whoa whoa! Wait a second! You're 14, have a BRAND NEW truck, trailer and all kinds of equipment? WITH ONLY 10 stops? That is not even 1/2 a day's work. Look like you be workin those 10 yards for a few years before you can make a dent with those payments.

Sorry to come off so mean, but could you give us a little story to how you got this equipment.

rusty_keg_3
10-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Whoa, Whoa whoa! Wait a second! You're 14, have a BRAND NEW truck, trailer and all kinds of equipment? WITH ONLY 10 stops? That is not even 1/2 a day's work. Look like you be workin those 10 yards for a few years before you can make a dent with those payments.

Sorry to come off so mean, but could you give us a little story to how you got this equipment.

I KNOW he said his dad bought the truck, and it is his dads, but his dad will give it to him when he turns 16... And i assume he saved up his money to buy the equipment, maybe he had a lot of money saved up in his bank account... I know i did....

EDIT- Yea, post 1,200... And his dad went out and spent over 20k on a truck for his son... I would guess his parents have pretty good jobs, or someone in his family, I know i used to get ALOT!!!! of money from my family Christmas, birthday, Easter... That all adds up

scagdude
10-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Yes my dad did buy the truck. I have saved up my money plus the money i have made from this business is how I got all this equipment. I know have triple the yards I had at the end of last year so now I have 30, not 10. just to clarify

Smithco Lawncare
10-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Yes my dad did buy the truck. I have saved up my money plus the money i have made from this business is how I got all this equipment. I know have triple the yards I had at the end of last year so now I have 30, not 10. just to clarify

Are you in Southlake?

scagdude
10-24-2009, 04:45 PM
I do a couple yards in southlake. why? you are out of missouri, how do you know about southlake?!?!

Smithco Lawncare
10-24-2009, 06:17 PM
I do a couple yards in southlake. why? you are out of missouri, how do you know about southlake?!?!

My father who owns Smithco Lawncare lives in KC. My mother and step father live in Southlake. I work for my dad during the summer and go back on some weekends, but during the school year I live with my mom. The house in your picture looks very similar to Southlake and that's why I assumed you were here. How is work going this season? Still cutting weekly?
Posted via Mobile Device

J&R Landscaping
10-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Looks like your off to a great start!

RN Lawncare
10-25-2009, 01:01 PM
What kind of trailer is that? And were did you get it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Kennedy Landscaping
10-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Looks good, how about some updated pictures, also why not some lettering for the truck or trailer? Just a thought

GLlawncare
10-25-2009, 09:41 PM
What kind of trailer is that? And were did you get it?
Posted via Mobile Device

That's what I'm wondering, maybe a Big Tex??

RN Lawncare
10-26-2009, 08:04 AM
I think so...those are some nice trailers. I'm looking for one right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

scagdude
10-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Yes we are still mowing weekly here. That's cool to meet someone else who knows the Southlake area. Yes I do indeed love my trailer. I bought it in Weatherford, TX. I will try to get some updated pictures as soon as I can.

Smithco Lawncare
10-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Yes we are still mowing weekly here. That's cool to meet someone else who knows the Southlake area. Yes I do indeed love my trailer. I bought it in Weatherford, TX. I will try to get some updated pictures as soon as I can.

I was thinking about starting a business myself down here. But my problem is that I'm not here during the summer. I could get another trailer, stander and other supplies from my dad for free to start. If you need any help call me 8178995499
Posted via Mobile Device

scagdude
10-31-2009, 08:34 PM
Smithco, i just sent you a pm. take a look and let me know what you think