PDA

View Full Version : Well I finally got off the fence and got an enclosed

sslopok
03-26-2009, 10:03 PM
I was on the fence the last month or so on whether or not to go enclosed or open. I ended up getting an enclosed 6x12 haulmark. It is white with the 3/4 flooring, rear support jacks, 32 inch side door, and luan walls.
I don't like my stuff out in the elements.
If I got an open I was going to have to kick my 95 Impala SS out of the back garage, so I could park the open in there. Didn't want to do that.
I will also store alot of stuff in it during the winter months.
I went to a local dealer last week and he wanted $3000 firm for them. I called them today and told them I wanted to spend my money local instead of going down state for one that was $2550. I told him I had cash and he came down to $2600 for a brand new 09 that is built and waiting to be shipped here. He said 2 weeks at the latest.

Now, I need to make the call on getting it lettered or not. This is a part time gig for me and I am not sure I want my biz name on it.

When I get it I will take pics with my dodge and my equipment.
later,
sslopok

mowerbrad
03-26-2009, 10:30 PM
I am pretty sure that I will be going with an enclosed this year. I like the idea of having everything secured and locked up. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on it. I would definately get it lettered as it would be a mobile billboard. You don't have to go overboard on the lettering but just enough to do some good advertising for you.

sslopok
03-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Ya you are probally right. My logo does not match my leased Dodge Ram. I turn it in next Feb. so it will only look stupid for a little while.

DuallyVette
03-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Enclosed trailers are the GREATEST !!!

cantoo
03-27-2009, 06:24 PM
sslopok, make sure you get a heavy enough trailer. I've used mine for only a couple weeks now and can't believe how flimsy it is. The side walls really flex alot. The uprights are around 24" apart, sure glad I never spent any money on lettering it.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=267191

greensolutions1
03-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Ive had mine about a year now and only use the open for large mulch jobs and some landscape installs, good luck and im sure you will enjoy it

sslopok
04-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Well I picked up the trailer yesterday. I made out better than I thought. When I talked to him a week and a half ago to see if he could match the price of other trailers I had found he didn't say that the one I was getting was a 18 inch v-nose. I think I got a pretty sweet deal. There are 2 things I wish it had though.
1. The cap for the top.
2. Vents (this one doesn't has any vents at all.) I will probably add some myself
I couldn't even tell I was pulling anything bringing it home. I have a 2007 Ram 1500 4x4.
I am going to take pictures tomorrow!
sslopok

DuallyVette
04-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Congrats on the new trailer.

For vents, I put small windows on each side, pretty high up. The cheep roof vents on my 1st trailer leaked. The roof was framed for the roof vents.