PDA

View Full Version : Flagstone Patio

Hopper1124
03-27-2009, 08:18 AM
I am interested in installing a flagstone patio. I am a homeowner now was into Landscaping a while back. Does anyone have any web sites that could help me with my project? Size of the patio will be 45 x 20.

I also want to install a walkway from the front to the back where the new patio will be. I plan on using large flat stones, distance from the front to the back will be about 65 FT.

When it comes to the excavating would something like the Dingo be my best bet or a regular size Bobcat. Area is pretty flat, some small slabs of concrete will need to be removed but mostly dirt.

Thanks for any help,

Kevin

soopa
03-27-2009, 10:23 AM
You could excavate an area that size with a Dingo, if you have a whole bunch of time on your hands. The Dingo is useless for concrete removal though. It really can't handle any piece bigger than 3'x3' MAX... and barely that (and that's with the largest tracked dingo).

If you're renting, the Dingo rents for nearly the cost of a typical skid... making the skid far more cost effective for what you're doing.

Bru75
03-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Some of the stone suppliers have installation methods covered on thier websites, you might start there.