PDA

View Full Version : laughed at this contract

Jersey Shore Landscaping
03-27-2009, 08:36 AM
i got a contract today to service a khols store near me it was just for one month until they get a new agreement 552.50 for 7 cuts, one app of pre emergent, spring clean up, and sprinkler start up. for that price id rather finish early one day or start later not worth my time

AI Inc
03-27-2009, 08:38 AM
I would go fishing instead.

David Haggerty
03-27-2009, 09:56 AM
That's weird. In so many ways.
I've seen people who wanted "help" in the spring. Till they got their mower fixed etc. (Not gonna happen)
But to plan to change service providers in the spring is pretty odd. Plus they have an agenda for what seems pretty good care. Not really typical.
Are they telling you what the job is and what they're going to pay?
Is there a property management company involved in this?

capnsac
03-27-2009, 11:43 AM
i got a contract today to service a khols store near me it was just for one month until they get a new agreement 552.50 for 7 cuts, one app of pre emergent, spring clean up, and sprinkler start up. for that price id rather finish early one day or start later not worth my time

I can't believe some of the crap that people come up with. The worst part is someone out there is desperate enough to do this kind of work. I just hope and pray that I never end up to be that 'someone'

DT Lawn Care
03-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Wow, 7 cuts in one month? That seems like kind of a lot...

kaferhaus
03-27-2009, 01:17 PM
The Kohl's contracts are all up in late spring. All being subbed out by a national account holder who is also having to rebid against other companies that want the national acct.

The National contract won't be awarded until the end of next month or first part of May. Whoever gets that then has to contact the local LCO's that actually bid on the jobs.

David Haggerty
03-27-2009, 05:02 PM
The Kohl's contracts are all up in late spring. All being subbed out by a national account holder who is also having to rebid against other companies that want the national acct.

The National contract won't be awarded until the end of next month or first part of May. Whoever gets that then has to contact the local LCO's that actually bid on the jobs.

I thought I smelled a "Property management" company!
GAWD! I Despise property management companies!

It takes a real professional to screw things up that bad!

kaferhaus
03-27-2009, 05:07 PM
I thought I smelled a "Property management" company!
GAWD! I Despise property management companies!

It takes a real professional to screw things up that bad!

The one that has it now is actually not too bad other than paying slow (like most of them do) But they do pay regular. We have 2 of the stores now and hope to keep them but ya never know.

But to the OP... The LCO that was doing the one he was asked to do it must have either walked away or they fired him cause our contract on both stores is through May and has been for several years.

lilweeds
03-27-2009, 09:04 PM
From what I understand Lipinski has or will have the Kohls contract.

DLAWNS
03-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Screw that. What a waste of your time.

Kelly's Landscaping
03-27-2009, 10:42 PM
I was asked to bid on them about 3 weeks ago the fax came in English for the first 2 pages then the last 5 were in I think Chinese looked like my take out menus. Figured that was a bad enough omen to say no thank you. Well that and the fact the store is located in a town I would not be more then 50 feet at any time from my equipment if I wanted to keep it.

brianslawncare
03-28-2009, 06:02 PM
lilweeds, are you sure its lipinski? it might be brickman, at least up here it is!! they are all over the apartment complexs,and the chain hotels. i contacted some of them and they told me that brickman has a two year contract and comes to mow every other week. i going to try next year.

kaferhaus
03-28-2009, 08:14 PM
lilweeds, are you sure its lipinski? it might be brickman, at least up here it is!! they are all over the apartment complexs,and the chain hotels. i contacted some of them and they told me that brickman has a two year contract and comes to mow every other week. i going to try next year.

It is Lipinski

kaferhaus
03-28-2009, 08:16 PM

No they're bidding on it. That's why they're taking bids from local LCO's.
they do not currenty have it, they're bidding against several other companies. I know this because I've been asked to bid on them from 2 different companies.

kaferhaus
03-28-2009, 08:22 PM

No they're bidding on it. That's why they're taking bids from local LCO's.
they do not currenty have it, they're bidding against several other companies. I know this because I've been asked to bid on them from 2 different companies.

Scagguy
03-28-2009, 09:42 PM

What I would tell them ain't exactly printable here.

Bunton Guy
03-28-2009, 09:48 PM
all of our Kohls are in large complexes which are managed locally...and kohls itself dosen't pay or isn't in charge of the complexes maint.

capnsac
03-28-2009, 10:54 PM
all of our Kohls are in large complexes which are managed locally...and kohls itself dosen't pay or isn't in charge of the complexes maint.

Do they lease the properties then?

Jersey Shore Landscaping
03-29-2009, 09:54 AM
it did come threw lipinski it is ridiculous i cant believe they can get anyone to do them

lilweeds
03-29-2009, 01:35 PM
They are notorious for being a huge "lowballing" company. That being said if you tell them the price is too low they will sometimes come up a bit depending on how bad they need someone.

Runner
03-29-2009, 03:45 PM
They are also notorious for coming up short on pay and just flat out ripping people off. Many times, they will just pay you whatever they feel like in the end - thinking you will just settle, because it's the end of the contract.