PDA

View Full Version : Over seeding/Small Ditch filling

Landmark Lawnscapes LLC
03-27-2009, 11:45 AM
I have a customer that wants his yard over seeded. He also said that he wants some of the small settled ditches to be repaired out of his yard. He lives in a new development with an irrigation system. He had an invisible fence installed for his dog. Now whoever it was, wether the irrigation company or the invisible fence company, didn't fill they're small ditches that they dug to bury lines. My question is how do you repair these areas without completely tearing up the grass where the problem exists and overhauling the ground below?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

Mowbizz
03-27-2009, 01:19 PM
I have a customer that wants his yard over seeded. He also said that he wants some of the small settled ditches to be repaired out of his yard. He lives in a new development with an irrigation system. He had an invisible fence installed for his dog. Now whoever it was, wether the irrigation company or the invisible fence company, didn't fill they're small ditches that they dug to bury lines. My question is how do you repair these areas without completely tearing up the grass where the problem exists and overhauling the ground below?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

Add topsoil to the ditch and grade it out with a rake...probably a good idea to tamp or roll the areas to compact the new soil. Re-seed and water.