PDA

View Full Version : Scag pro v walk behind mower

jeffreyh
03-27-2009, 04:57 PM
I am looking at buying a scag 52" pro v mower. Does anyone have any feedback on this model? I was also wandering if there is a big difference between the independent floating deck and the fixed deck?

LLandscaping
03-27-2009, 11:58 PM
I demoed the mower for a few days and didn't like it. The controls are uncomfortable, the faster you go the lower the control bar goes. I run Scag Turf Tigers but use the Toro T-2 hydro walkbehinds. The only thing I liked about the Scag walkbehind was the height adjustment. It was also difficult to load and unload from my box truck. I would demo one before making the purchase if possible.

jeffreyh
03-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Thanks for your feedback I will be testing one next week. This is all new to me so I am not really sure what to look for in performance. Thanks

woodspirits
03-28-2009, 01:38 AM
I have demoded many of the 48" to 52" WBs and INMO the scag was superior in both cut and controls. The speed is controlled by setting the forward speed lever which limits the v-bar movement; you may then push the bar down and it will only go to your pre-selected speed......is very easy (for me)to control the speed.

Both the 52" models (19hp & 23hp with electric start) offered have the Velocity-Plus decks and are floating cutter decks.

My wife has fatigue problems with her hands and she loves the pro-v; that was enough for me to order it. My only complaint is the price. The best test for you is to try one.

sven1277
03-28-2009, 09:28 AM
You will find with the pro v that people either love or hate the controls. We tried it last year, neither me or my guys liked the controls. I will be purchasing a 48" wright stander this year instead.

ProTouch Groundscapes
03-28-2009, 09:59 AM
we love our 48" pro v. for us the controls are so intuitive, everything is instant response and you get much more control compared to pistol grips. we found ways to make it work really well on hills, but some are still uncomfortable with it.

the best advice is to try one out, there isnt any other way you could get used to it. We demoed one before we bought and loved it. we are considering adding a 52"