PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for the DOT. I feel like I got bent over.

TMlawncare
03-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Monday, I was driving from here in Missouri to Iowa to get my Dixie chopper worked on. I was driving my Isuzu NPR with landscaper body. I got about 20 miles into Iowa and got pulled over by the Iowa DOT. He said since I am commercial, over 10000lbs I need DOT #'s on my truck. I told him I don't do any business in Iowa only Missouri. He said if that truck crosses the state line I am in violation regardless. He had me pulled over for 1.25hrs. We checked all lighting, steering, cargo being secured. He checked to see if had a class E license, proper insurance, vehicle inspection, registration. He asked my for my medical card. I told him I don't have a CDL so I don't need it. He said now you know you do. He asked for my fire ext. He wanted to see my triangles. I had those.

I ended up receiving three violations. No DOT numbers. No medical card. No fire extinguisher. Each violation cost $83. So $250 to start off the day.

Guy watch out. Missouri, Iowa, and Nebraska are all starting to crack down on us smaller businesses. The states are almost broke and this is an avenue for more revenue. Just be aware. Needless to say I was a little suprised. Thank God I wasn't pulling a trailer. I can't imagine how many violations they could come up with.

JPsDuramax
03-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Down here they require DOT for anyone over 10000lbs GVW or GCVW (commercial use that is). I use a 2500HD that has a rating at 9200 gvw. So, when I am not pulling a trailer I do not have to worry about being marked. But soon as I hook up I have to. I bought magnets that have the company name and DOT # on them. Pretty simple actually. Just make sure you have all the safety stuff, everything secured properly, and def need a medical card. My doctor did that for $80. Total cost for everything to be "DOT" legal was only $220. I would recommend just getting the DOT #'s and being done with it. Best of luck to you :usflag:

Duffster
03-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Whats a Class E license?

JPsDuramax
03-27-2009, 04:46 PM
I just googled it and it is a "for hire" license. Not CDL but a license for anyone using a vehicle that is used for transporting products/equiment for your company or driving a vehicle under 26,000 that is used in business. Kind of a vague interpertation. Just google as Class E Missouri

TMlawncare
03-27-2009, 04:47 PM
A class E license in a commercial drivers license. Anyone who is driving the vehicles for business use is required by law to have either a class E or CDL. All it amount to is taking a simple written exam and around $15. All of our employees and myself have a class E.

TMlawncare
03-27-2009, 04:50 PM
I just googled it and it is a "for hire" license. Not CDL but a license for anyone using a vehicle that is used for transporting products/equiment for your company or driving a vehicle under 26,000 that is used in business. Kind of a vague interpertation. Just google as Class E Missouri

Exactly, don't be caught without one. Not sure about all states but atleast in Missouri and Iowa.

JPsDuramax
03-27-2009, 04:50 PM
A class E license in a commercial drivers license. Anyone who is driving the vehicles for business use is required by law to have either a class E or CDL. All it amount to is taking a simple written exam and around $15. All of our employees and myself have a class E.

Like I have said before, I am so happy I live in Georgia

QualityLawnCare4u
03-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Like I have said before, I am so happy I live in Georgia

Is there anywhere else to live but Georgia!?:)

TMlawncare
03-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Those DOT officers are right to the point. I knew within the first 2 minutes there was not going to be a warning given out. The man could almost smell the green.

I wonder how companies like Ryder and Uhaul get around the regulations. I asked the officer if I would get DOT #'s would all my employees need medical cards. He said Yes. When was the last time you seen someone driving a 1 ton uhaul pulling a car with a medical card? Remember Uhaul and Ryder are just businesses like yours and mine. I wonder how they are able to skirt the regulations. They alway go from state to state.

JPsDuramax
03-27-2009, 04:58 PM

No, there sure isn't. I have been all over the country and Georgia is def the place to be.

Waycross is down in south Georgia, right?

JPsDuramax
03-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Those DOT officers are right to the point. I knew within the first 2 minutes there was not going to be a warning given out. The man could almost smell the green.

I wonder how companies like Ryder and Uhaul get around the regulations. I asked the officer if I would get DOT #'s would all my employees need medical cards. He said Yes. When was the last time you seen someone driving a 1 ton uhaul pulling a car with a medical card? Remember Uhaul and Ryder are just businesses like yours and mine. I wonder how they are able to skirt the regulations. They alway go from state to state.

It has to do with the fact that they are renting the vehicle out to the consumer. However, if it being used commercially then the renter is responsible for marking by magnet. Plus, if you notice the one tone trucks always say under 10000 gvw on their side...But we all know otherwise:laugh:

Duffster
03-27-2009, 05:05 PM
These DOT#, Med Card and Safety Equipment requirements are nothing new

IIRC they started in '00

huskres
03-27-2009, 05:37 PM
I think some of yall are wrong. I drive for fedex and have a class d license with a medical card.

Duffster
03-27-2009, 05:40 PM
I think some of yall are wrong. I drive for fedex and have a class d license with a medical card.

Same here

That is the federal standard

But a state can have additional requirements

But can't enforce them on an out of state driver IIRC

QualityLawnCare4u
03-27-2009, 05:43 PM
No, there sure isn't. I have been all over the country and Georgia is def the place to be.

Waycross is down in south Georgia, right?

Yep, right dead in the middle of the Okefenokee Swamp. I don't think I could ever get used to driving in Atlanta, how do you deal with that traffic everyday? Would turn me into a raving lunatic (which I'm not far from being anyways). I purchased a piece of equipment few months back from a fireman that lives in Dallas north of Atlanta and I paid him extra to meet me in Perry just where I would not have to drive through Atlanta:dizzy: I do feel for you folks who have to deal with all the DOT crap, it has got to be very stressful.

JPsDuramax
03-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Same here

That is the federal standard

But a state can have additional requirements

But can't enforce them on an out of state driver IIRC

They can if they exceed 10000 gvw and crossed state lines. That falls under the federal standard.

STIHL GUY
03-27-2009, 06:03 PM
sorry to hear about that at least now you know for next time and thanks for the heads up

Kennedy Landscaping
03-27-2009, 06:11 PM
They did bend you over. Damn government lol. Sorry to hear about the inconvenience

TREEGUARD
03-27-2009, 06:14 PM
just be glad you don't livr in new york. every time i got stoped by dot minimum of 7 tickets. most of them are all bull sh#$ tickets they allways find something & if they don't i think they make up stuff.

americanlawn
03-27-2009, 06:20 PM
TMlawncare -- That totally sucks. Truckers here in Iowa say "the guys in the blue Ford Crown Vic's" couldn't make it in the Highway patrol so they pull over trucks instead.

Missouri sells fireworks and cartons of cigs for under $25.

Iowa banned fireworks, and cartons of cigs are $52.

I'll be going to Eagleville soon (for obvious reasons), but I'll make sure to drive a POS economy car so I don't get pulled over & fined.

You got a raw deal bud :hammerhead:....Iowa's "Pillsbury doughboy" Democratic Governor thinks he's Obama Jr. :dizzy: BTW I'm a Conservative. Take care, americanlawn

tinman
03-27-2009, 06:47 PM

pure money grab... funny I have never seen them pull over a state or county vehicle . never not once. They are disgusting. No way you can be compliant on every single idiotic rule. They wrote me a warning for a ripped mudflap???? and the fact that the horn did not work?

TMlawncare
03-27-2009, 06:55 PM
TMlawncare -- That totally sucks. Truckers here in Iowa say "the guys in the blue Ford Crown Vic's" couldn't make it in the Highway patrol so they pull over trucks instead.

I'll be going to Eagleville soon (for obvious reasons), but I'll make sure to drive a POS economy car so I don't get pulled over & fined.

You got a raw deal bud :hammerhead:....Iowa's "Pillsbury doughboy" Democratic Governor thinks he's Obama Jr. :dizzy: BTW I'm a Conservative. Take care, americanlawn

Yes, those blue crown vics are trouble. After they printed out all the violations they make me carry one copy in the truck for 1 year. They told me that the next time I get a inspection in Iowa I need to produce that copy.

One thing that I still can't understand is the regulations surrounding the medical card. He said that whoever is driving the vehicle needs to have one. Is this right? If my wife drives the truck for a couple parts she has to have a medical card? This is just getting crazy. Sometimes I feel that we are working for the goverment.

GMD1984
03-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Subpart B—General requirements and information
§390.21 Marking of CMVs.
(a) General. Every self-propelled CMV, as defined in §390.5, subject to subchapter B of this chapter must be marked as specified in paragraphs (b), (c), and (d) of this section.

(b) Nature of marking. The marking must display the following information:

(b)(1) The legal name or a single trade name of the motor carrier operating the self-propelled CMV, as listed on the motor carrier identification report (Form MCS-150) and submitted in accordance with §390.19.

(b)(2) The motor carrier identification number issued by the FMCSA, preceded by the letters “USDOT”.

(b)(3) If the name of any person other than the operating carrier appears on the CMV, the name of the operating carrier must be followed by the information required by paragraphs (b)(1), and (2) of this section, and be preceded by the words “operated by.”

(b)(4) Other identifying information may be displayed on the vehicle if it is not inconsistent with the information required by this paragraph.

(b)(5) Each motor carrier shall meet the following requirements pertaining to its operation:

(b)(5)(i) All CMVs that are part of a motor carrier’s existing fleet on July 3, 2000, and which are marked with an ICCMC number must come into compliance with paragraph (b)(2) of this section by July 3, 2002.

(b)(5)(ii) All CMVs that are part of a motor carrier’s existing fleet on July 3, 2000, and which are not marked with the legal name or a single trade name on both sides of their CMVs, as shown on the Motor Carrier Identification Report, Form MCS-150, must come into compliance with paragraph (b)(1) of this section by July 5, 2005.

(b)(5)(iii) All CMVs added to a motor carrier’s fleet on or after July 3, 2000, must meet the requirements of this section before being put into service and operating on public ways.

(c) Size, shape, location, and color of marking. The marking must—

(c)(1) Appear on both sides of the self-propelled CMV;

(c)(2) Be in letters that contrast sharply in color with the background on which the letters are placed;

(c)(3) Be readily legible, during daylight hours, from a distance of 50 feet (15.24 meters) while the CMV is stationary; and

(c)(4) Be kept and maintained in a manner that retains the legibility required by paragraph (c)(3) of this section.

(d) Construction and durability. The marking may be painted on the CMV or may consist of a removable device, if that device meets the identification and legibility requirements of paragraph (c) of this section, and such marking must be maintained as required by paragraph (c)(4) of this section.

(e) Rented CMVs. A motor carrier operating a self-propelled CMV under a rental agreement having a term not in excess of 30 calendar days meets the requirements of this section if:

(e)(1) The CMV is marked in accordance with the provisions of paragraphs (b) through (d) of this section; or

(e)(2) The CMV is marked as set forth in paragraph (e)(2)(i) through (iv) of this section:

(e)(2)(i) The legal name or a single trade name of the lessor is displayed in accordance with paragraphs (c) and (d) of this section.

(e)(2)(ii) The lessor’s identification number preceded by the letters “USDOT” is displayed in accordance with paragraphs (c) and (d) of this section; and

(e)(2)(iii) The rental agreement entered into by the lessor and the renting motor carrier conspicuously contains the following information:

(e)(2)(iii)(A) The name and complete physical address of the principal place of business of the renting motor carrier.

(e)(2)(iii)(B) The identification number issued the renting motor carrier by the FMCSA, preceded by the letters “USDOT,” if the motor carrier has been issued such a number. In lieu of the identification number required in this paragraph, the following may be shown in the rental agreement:

(1) Information which indicates whether the motor carrier is engaged in “interstate” or “intrastate” commerce; and

(2) Information which indicates whether the renting motor carrier is transporting hazardous materials in the rented CMV;

(e)(2)(iii)(C) The sentence: “This lessor cooperates with all Federal, State, and local law enforcement officials nationwide to provide the identity of customers who operate this rental CMV”; and

(e)(2)(iv) The rental agreement entered into by the lessor and the renting motor carrier is carried on the rental CMV during the full term of the rental agreement. See the leasing regulations at 49 CFR 376 for information that should be included in all leasing documents.

(f) Driveaway services. In drive away services, a removable device may be affixed on both sides or at the rear of a single driven vehicle. In a combination drive away operation, the device may be affixed on both sides of any one unit or at the rear of the last unit. The removable device must display the legal name or a single trade name of the motor carrier and the motor carrier’s USDOT number.

[53 FR 18052, May 19, 1988; 53 FR 27689, July 22, 1988, as amended at 53 FR 47543, Nov. 23, 1988; 55 FR 6993, Feb. 28,1990; 57 FR 3142, Jan. 28, 1992; 60 FR 38744, July 28, 1995; 62 FR 49942, Sept. 24, 1997; 65 FR 35296, June 2, 2000]

americanlawn
03-27-2009, 07:19 PM
GMD1984 -- nice post! Thanks. I can't believe all the rules involved. My guess is the Iowa boys in the blue cars know about 5% of them, but with all the "government" cutbacks -- they need all the money they can get. Truly sad. Picking on folks who actually pay taxes ....I'm guessing Obama needs this money for his free giveaways to all those who pay NO taxes and do not have to work for a living (must be nice). What's this Country coming to?

grass_cuttin_fool
03-27-2009, 07:19 PM
And tot he people that say they are glad there state doesnt check them........ well the DOT is federal and compliant in all states.....just means right now they arent checking the small fish in the pond......but they can at any time so be warned and get in compliant before you get ticketed and still have to get the proper credentials

topsites
03-27-2009, 07:25 PM
So, what's the reason he pulled you over for?

He had to have a reason to pull you over first, they can't smell
up what kind of a license or medical card you might have on you...

They usually tell you right off why they pulled you over.
Unless they can pull supposed commercial vehicles at random?
Then again I reckon when it boils down to an actual reason, that could be most anything, too.

Now...
This is the reason I don't cross state lines in my truck, certainly not with the trailer, I don't even care to do it in my car.

Why, because they can pull me for doing 1 mph over the speed limit and give me a citation,
ridiculous as that might sound I also know it's unlikely that I'll show up in court to fight that...
So I have to pay it, automatic guilty.

Been there, done that (although it was 6 mph over, same load of crap in my book thou).

GMD1984
03-27-2009, 07:29 PM
my advice to anyone driving a CMV (any truck over 10,000gvw or truck triler combo)
you should just put dot # on the truck it is free but some states have a fee for their state, and a med card is good for two year and we all no we should go see the the doc more then we do, even if you think you dont need it get it to save your self the trouble. i woul conside my self up to date with dot reg. if you have a chance to go to a dot seminar at a trade show or some states have calls for cmv

GMD1984
03-27-2009, 07:33 PM
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/
has every thing you need to no about the law's

americanlawn
03-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Nuther thing to watch out for in Iowa. It's illegal not to have a front license plate. It's also illegal to have tinted front windows. Bought a (new) truck in Indiana from the General Motors dealership. I soon got pulled over and FINED (in Iowa). Had a front plate (even though Indiana, Kansas, etc don't require it), but I got ticketed cuz the front windows were too dark. I appealed cuz I had a signed agreement with a General Motors Corporation dealership, but small claims threw it out cuz I was in "Iowa violation". Seems you can't even buy a new truck from a dealer without getting fined $70. Warning to all....once you cross the border in Iowa (I-80 or I-35), BEWARE! And folks thought our new governor was out to help our state become a better place to live and work. :hammerhead::cry::hammerhead:

LouisianaLawnboy
03-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Guy watch out. Missouri, Iowa, and Nebraska are all starting to crack down on us smaller businesses. The states are almost broke and this is an avenue for more revenue. Just be aware. Needless to say I was a little suprised. Thank God I wasn't pulling a trailer. I can't imagine how many violations they could come up with.

Duh, doesn't it make sense??? You punish those that are successful, so everyone can be on the same level. You are so selfish. Getting out there and working, just think of all the Co2 your letting out. Sit at home and the government will care for you.(If it doesn't go broke.)

SouthSide Cutter
03-27-2009, 09:09 PM
There are two types of DOT #'s Interstate and Intrastate. One is only for inside the state and the other is for going across state lines. Everyone driving it with the #'s on has to have a medical card and Ind. I think you have to be 18. Need to take the #'s off for everyday driving.
Now here is the real joke. I can take my 38ft 5th wheel to a NASCAR race, drive 20hrs straight go thru no scales have no fire ext or triangles or medical card. Now you tell me what is right. They will change this next.

jaybow
03-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Down here they require DOT for anyone over 10000lbs GVW or GCVW (commercial use that is). I use a 2500HD that has a rating at 9200 gvw. So, when I am not pulling a trailer I do not have to worry about being marked. But soon as I hook up I have to. I bought magnets that have the company name and DOT # on them. Pretty simple actually. Just make sure you have all the safety stuff, everything secured properly, and def need a medical card. My doctor did that for $80. Total cost for everything to be "DOT" legal was only $220. I would recommend just getting the DOT #'s and being done with it. Best of luck to you :usflag:

I am pretty sure the DOT numbers are supposed to be permanently mounted and not on magnets.

Duffster
03-27-2009, 09:17 PM
I am pretty sure the DOT numbers are supposed to be permanently mounted and not on magnets.

I beleive your right

lifetree
03-27-2009, 09:22 PM
No, there sure isn't. I have been all over the country and Georgia is def the place to be. ...

Yes, there is somewhere else to live ... I like Chattanooga, TN ... if I want to go to Georgia, I'm only 5 minutes away from the state line !! However, I can't believe how you all want to take our river waterjust because you haven't been doing any urban planning in the Atlanta area fro 40 years ... C'mon, get over it !!

stroker51
03-27-2009, 09:31 PM
I get so pissed off everytime i think about DOT. I haven't been stopped yet, I've been rather pro-active, met with a state special investigator 3 or so years ago, got numbered up, have fire extinguishers, triangles, still no med card, thats on the way this spring, but it still ticks me off. I bought a truck in Bellevue Nebraska last December, 96 F350 dump, and drove home. Glad it was colder than the north side of an Alaskan well digger's a$$, probably why I didnt get stopped. I wondered about that all the way home, cuz the old co's name and numbers where still on it. I don't mind having to have some safety stuff, fire ext. makes sense, med card, ok, make sure your trailer brakes all work, great. But I've heard of tickets for having the wrong shade of red on marker lights, or a dump truck getting a ticket for having an unplugged marker light, that the driver plugged back in but still got a ticket. The FMCSA guidelines are for interstate commerce, and each state has the option to adopt these guidelines. I know a co here in town that got stopped the other day, small one rig outfit, $2000 in fines, most are correctable, so no actual ticket, but still it's the thought that anybody can own a 3/4 ton truck and pull a trailer, but you only get to pay tickets if you are trying to earn a living. And magnets are OK, straight from the Special Investigator's mouth when he came out.

puppypaws
03-27-2009, 10:19 PM
I ended up receiving three violations. No DOT numbers. No medical card. No fire extinguisher. Each violation cost $83. So $250 to start off the day.

I don't know about those states but I can tell you for a fact NC is flat broke, not almost. Governments of all categories, city, county, state and federal are looking for any way reasonably legal (can defend in court), to extract money from it's citizens to try and makeup their financial shortfalls.

BE PREPARED!

grass-scapes
03-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Went to an open house today and one of the seminars was given by a State DOT enforcement officer/Highway patrolman. If you are in commerce and cross state lines, you are subject to federal regulations. Stay in state, and you are only subject to state regs.

Someone actually asked the question about getting a mower repaired in another state (we are within 30 miles of the state line here). He told us that since we weren't actually crossing state lines for commerce purposes, we would not be subject to the federal guidelines.

My suggestion to you is pay the fines and appeal. With the feds, you are guilty until proven innocent. Explain you weren't traveling across state lines for work, only to get equipment repaired. If you can prove it, you stand a good chance of getting your money back.

TMlawncare
03-27-2009, 11:13 PM

Then again I reckon when it boils down to an actual reason, that could be most anything, too.

Now...
This is the reason I don't cross state lines in my truck, certainly not with the trailer, I don't even care to do it in my car.

Why, because they can pull me for doing 1 mph over the speed limit and give me a citation,
ridiculous as that might sound I also know it's unlikely that I'll show up in court to fight that...

Been there, done that (although it was 6 mph over, same load of crap in my book thou).

He said right up front that he seen out of state plates and no DOT #'s. That is what I got pulled over for. My day went down hill from that point on.

TMlawncare
03-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Went to an open house today and one of the seminars was given by a State DOT enforcement officer/Highway patrolman. If you are in commerce and cross state lines, you are subject to federal regulations. Stay in state, and you are only subject to state regs.

Someone actually asked the question about getting a mower repaired in another state (we are within 30 miles of the state line here). He told us that since we weren't actually crossing state lines for commerce purposes, we would not be subject to the federal guidelines.

My suggestion to you is pay the fines and appeal. With the feds, you are guilty until proven innocent. Explain you weren't traveling across state lines for work, only to get equipment repaired. If you can prove it, you stand a good chance of getting your money back.

When he pulled me over that was the first thing I told him. I said I don't not do any work outside of Missouri. I told him the purpose of the trip was to get a mower fixed. He told me by getting the mower fixed I was "furthering my business." He said if you can write any part of the trip off your taxes you are doing business. If you just cross the state line empty they view it as "prospecting." You can not beat this as far as I know.

tinman
03-28-2009, 12:02 AM

Now...

no they need no reason to pull you over. They do "safety checks" daily and if they want they just pull you over.

Lucky Star Lawn Care
03-28-2009, 12:10 AM
WTF that sucks! Guess I better get my stuff checked out because with my luck I will soon encounter DOT...Around here lately cops have been out like CRAZY havent seen too many DOT trucks knock on wood. Off the subject..do you deer hunt?? Sounds like you are in a prime spot for it..if so any open spots??

JPsDuramax
03-28-2009, 12:16 AM

Yes they can. Check the FMCSA.DOT.GOV

Construction and durability. The marking may be painted on the CMV or may consist of a removable device, if that device meets the identification and legibility requirements of paragraph (c) of this section, and such marking must be maintained as required by paragraph (c)(4) of this section

Answer your question?

Tinkerer
03-28-2009, 03:27 AM
When you write the check to pay the fines write "theft of hard earned money" down on the left lower corner of the check.

puppypaws
03-28-2009, 08:59 AM
When you write the check to pay the fines write "theft of hard earned money" down on the left lower corner of the check.

You hit it on the head, "theft of hard earned money", think about it for a moment. Was it easier for the DOT officer to make part of his wages for that week off one honest hard working person while not breaking a sweat. Or was it easier for that person to work his butt off sweating heavily to pay the easy wages of that particular officer.

The county I live in cut 48 positions in county government in the last 6 weeks because of being broke and trying to lower cost, 11 of those positions were county deputies. Now stop and think for a minute, I am the sheriff and having to let people go from my force from lack of operating capital, what am I going to instruct my deputies to concentrate on, writing tickets.

I am going to have them writing tickets as fast as they can get one written and another one pulled. What faster and easier way to generate income for the state and your county while keeping it legal other than raising taxes, which is also on the way, this has already been quoted by the county commissioners for our county.

So don't feel bad when you are pulled for an infraction, say to yourself, I'm only paying a small percentage to help keep my county and state operating. You know, the county, state and country we live in that is operated so efficiently by our governing officials.

Frontier-Lawn
03-28-2009, 09:30 AM

well the LT Gov an't now prom Queen either

cgaengineer
03-28-2009, 10:52 AM

Yes, someplace with cooler summer weather!

jkingrph
03-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Yep, right dead in the middle of the Okefenokee Swamp. I don't think I could ever get used to driving in Atlanta, how do you deal with that traffic everyday? Would turn me into a raving lunatic (which I'm not far from being anyways). I purchased a piece of equipment few months back from a fireman that lives in Dallas north of Atlanta and I paid him extra to meet me in Perry just where I would not have to drive through Atlanta:dizzy: I do feel for you folks who have to deal with all the DOT crap, it has got to be very stressful.

We live in E Texas, the wife's family is in Macon, Ga, so when we go over we like to go up into the N Ga mountains for a short vacation. On the way up we take back roads and go east of Atlanta, on the way home I generally go
west across N. Ga and skirt around Atlanta. Sometimes on our way over there we will go through Atlanta, but always plan on hitting there 5-6pm on Sunday afternoon, and take I-20 to downtown and pick up I-75 south, usually faster and quickere than the loop, and very light traffic that day and time.

QualityLawnCare4u
03-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Yes, someplace with cooler summer weather!

What,you mean you don't like our summer days when it is 105 with a 80% plus humidity:laugh: You know the days, when by 9:00 AM you are soaking wet with sweat and your arse is already dragging:dizzy:

TMlawncare
03-28-2009, 01:00 PM
WTF that sucks! Guess I better get my stuff checked out because with my luck I will soon encounter DOT...Around here lately cops have been out like CRAZY havent seen too many DOT trucks knock on wood. Off the subject..do you deer hunt?? Sounds like you are in a prime spot for it..if so any open spots??

I am about an hour from KC and 25 minutes from the Iowa line. There is excellent hunting just about a 30 minute drive east of us. This area is worth county. The squaw creek area is about an hour north of KC on I-29 and it is part of a refuge. Great hunting all around it. Both areas draw people in from all over the midwest. Therefore the conservation agents patrol the areas from the start to end of hunting season. They are much like DOT. Its hard to work or enjoy yourself without someone looking over your shoulder.

Lucky Star Lawn Care
03-28-2009, 01:07 PM
I bet conservation is everywhere they are all over here to. Some guys and I are looking to lease some land up north for this coming season

JPsDuramax
03-28-2009, 03:11 PM
What,you mean you don't like our summer days when it is 105 with a 80% plus humidity:laugh: You know the days, when by 9:00 AM you are soaking wet with sweat and your arse is already dragging:dizzy:

Exactly! :laugh: Going back a couple of posts, I had actually just went through Waycross last week. I had been on the road for awhile, hadn't even realized it until I had gotton all the way thorugh Waycross. As for the traffic up here, depending on where I am working determines how early I leave. I actually work in Atlanta on Sundays to avoid traffic. During the week, I stay in the suburbs. If I have to do installs downtown during the week, I leave the house at about 5:30am and then just get my supplies once Im in town...it sucks but you gotta do, what you gotta do.

cgaengineer
03-28-2009, 04:37 PM

Yeah, those days.

lifetree
03-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Watch out for the DOT. I feel like I got bent over.

That's because you did !! :laugh: :cool2:

LouisianaLawnboy
03-28-2009, 10:19 PM

What you are in a cool temperature. It only gets worse as you go south.:laugh: