PDA

View Full Version : Goverment landscaping project

LawnMan26
03-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Has anyone every had one of these this is my first . How much should i charge for labor rate ? There approx 1148 trees/shrubs and groundcover . I dont see anywhere on this blueprint for mulch and or grass can someone help me with this ?

nobagger
03-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Has anyone every had one of these this is my first . How much should i charge for labor rate ? There approx 1148 trees/shrubs and groundcover . I dont see anywhere on this blueprint for mulch and or grass can someone help me with this ?

I do Govt plowing and its probably the same LOWEST BID WINS!

FLCthes4:11-12
03-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Do you have the project or bidding the project? I have bid a few along with some large corporations that operate like goverment. Normally lowest bidder with the most insurance in my expirence.

Kate Butler
03-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Do you have the project or bidding the project? I have bid a few along with some large corporations that operate like goverment. Normally lowest bidder with the most insurance in my expirence.

Unless you happen to be Minority-Owned (woman, veteran, native, plus the usual race and color - any one will qualify). Depending on how desperate the CG is for the minority brownie points, minority-owned businesses can get the job without having the lowest bid.

Be sure to remember that your paperwork will (at least) triple if you're doing government work. Then there is the bonding and other insurances. Oh, also the part about waiting at least 60 days and sometimes more than 180 for payment.

Don't get me wrong, I like government work - but you must be prepared to keep your expenses paid while waiting for them to pay you.