PDA

View Full Version : Im not to good with word// Help please

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
03-28-2009, 06:00 PM
I can talk the walk but I can't Type the walk .
First my spelling is bad and my grammar on paper is real bad.
I have a bid that needs to be turned in this weekend . and yes I looked at the job yesterday.
What I know is there is only 3 LCO bidding on the job. First I don't care if I'm the lowest.
2nd most likely if I get the bid there could be landscaping work after the clean up

Clean up is around 1 acre leaves and a few branches that need to move down the hill .
There is a (Renovations Additions Construction Consultation)that what his card reads . He is the guy that is working with the owners(out of town and moving in in a few weeks ) and in charge of getting 3 bids .
This is what I had in mind to send to the home owner .
All Leaves and small wood(hand size) will be removed from upper part above drive to a stump dump.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

All other wood and leaves from lower side off home will be placed in the lower woods. This includes the brush pile that is out the back lower door..
This will run $1000
There some bigger trees that are down . That will need to be cut up and hauled off .
$150
Pressure washing the drive way from the clean up of old leaves to make them look new again $150.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not looking to put in the lowest price but make sure the job is done with
A1 work . Ps My wife /Proof reader is out this out of town this weekend .

any help would be nice Thanks ( in the form of copy and Past would be real Nice LOL

Runner
03-28-2009, 06:06 PM
OK. Copy and paste what you got and we'll take a look at it and advise you on any changes that need to be changed.

03-28-2009, 06:11 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
All Leaves and small wood(hand size) will be removed from upper part above drive to a stump dump.

All other wood and leaves from lower side off home will be placed in the lower woods. This includes the brush pile that is out the back lower door..
This will run $1000
There some bigger trees that are down . That will need to be cut up and hauled off .
$150
Pressure washing the drive way from the clean up of old leaves to make them look new again $150.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is what I was trying to say but it just sound cheap . I f I could only talk in person LOL

Clapper&Company
03-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Check pm

let me know if it helps

03-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Check pm

let me know if it helps

Thats real good on that part of the sale (better then what my wife comes up with part ) I like that real good .

But Im still looking at the sales pitch of That Im not looking to be the lowest bid but Im here to make sure that your are getting a A1 job .
PS I miss my wife and she needs a pay check LOL

Clapper&Company
03-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Mike,

What I sent you, is the best i can do for you. As far as the sales pitch, im not sure waht your looking for? I sell jobs daily I use both a well write bid sheet, however alot of my sales are face to face.

Most ppl, will see though a sales pitch, no buddy likes a sales man lol.

When we sell jobs, we go in knowing what were talking about, what we need to do and what we need to bill for that jobs, and we tell the client this is what were going to do,how were do it and how much. and dont miss a beat doing it.

We dont deal, and try to work out a price the price I say is the cost of the job. We lose some but get most of what we price out.

If they ask why were higher i;ll tell them, we use top of the line products and do top of the line work. Your spending a lot of money on your landscape and there is no need for call backs, or problems down the road.

Hope this helps,
Clap

Ruben Rocha
03-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Had the same issue with grammar.
There are some books out there that may help over time.
Check out the book stores or say staples/office depot/Office max. On business letters.
They may not apply exactly to our industry but it is close.

Robertson Lawncare
03-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Clapper, I see you around and man you got it going on