PDA

View Full Version : Articulated Exteneded Reach Hedge Trimmer

Whitey4
03-29-2009, 09:36 PM
No doubt, while I am happy with my Husky 36" double sided hedge trimmer, I have to get an extended reach trimmer too. Less ladder, less leaning, less ladder moving and safer. I have some tall hedges I just can't finish with my 36" trimmer and 12 foot ladder. Having a backup is also a nice thing to have.

I've narrowed my choices down to the Husky 326HE4X or the Redmax LTRZ2401. Anyone have experience with these two machines? Is there another machine I should be taking a look at?

TYIA.....

david shumaker
03-29-2009, 10:27 PM
I have a Stihl that works good for me. Never used other brands, so I can't compare. I still get some hedges that even the pole clipper won't reach, so I try to get the customer to let me prune them back in early spring so that they are manageable.

Whitey4
03-29-2009, 10:38 PM
I have a Stihl that works good for me. Never used other brands, so I can't compare. I still get some hedges that even the pole clipper won't reach, so I try to get the customer to let me prune them back in early spring so that they are manageable.

Do you perchance have a model number? My two dealers... I'm not even sure they carry Stihl. One of them might, i'll have to check.

I can get about 90% of my customer's hedges now, I'm sure an extended reach would solve my problem. If the things are over 15', I beg off and tell them to get a tree guy. I know my limitations!

Turf Dawg
03-29-2009, 10:40 PM
What I do is buy the short reach headge trimmers and if I need the extra lenght I put the headge head onto my string trimmer. I reall like the short reach redmax and the kawasaki because od the narrow teeth on the blades {I have both}. I had a stihl, and while it was the easiest to change angles, I sold it because I did not like the way it cut. The narrow teeth cut dense shrubs like dwarf yaupon and boxwoods wonderful. I know that the redmax and the kawasaki heads have the same size tube and driveshaft. After owning the short/long shaft trimmers I hardly ever use my plain double sided trimmers.