PDA

View Full Version : In need of an opinion on bed edging

AA+ landscaping
03-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Here are a couple of pictures of a bed I edged last week. The customer said that he loves it, but a close friend who is also a landscaper said that there are too many curves and that the curves are too tight. I respect his opinion but I think that it looks good. I followed the contour of the big rocks and the line of the existing bed. Anyway let me know what you think.

cgaengineer
03-30-2009, 08:18 AM
You have to ask yourself one question. Do you mind edging/trimming it every week?

And as long as you dont mind and the customer is happy then go with it. Honestly I would prefer to see nice flowing curves that you could cut with a mower...this is not the case with what you have now, you are gonna have to edge and trim which takes more time.

Danscapes
03-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Your landscaper buddy is right, gentle flowing curves are more presentable. The quality of you edging looks good though.

jblawns123
03-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Yea, thats too many harsh inconsistant curves. Its amazing how the right smooth curve just makes a landscape. That ain't it...

Professional of you to look into it and inquire here for advice though.

GracesLandscaping
03-30-2009, 09:16 AM
It does look good and they are also kinda extreme curves. but if the customer is happy and you dont mind trimming it instead of mowing it then its all good! there is no "right or wrong" for this its just what you like but you dont see too many that extreme!

betmr
03-30-2009, 02:54 PM
It looks very nice. But for me it looks like a Lawn maintenance nightmare. Your probably going to have to run a 21"er around there all the time. Outside curves are the best, but I like inside curves to flow smoother, think of maintenance, you have to mow all those nooks and crannies. And you have to clean those edges up in the future.