PDA

View Full Version : Borwick's Property Maintenance

borwicks
03-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Started in 1995 as RB Service and changed to current name in 2005. My first jobs were snow removal by shovel. We got the accounts through my dads friend who didnt want to do snow anymore. We had 28 accounts.....The first 10" snow storm came and I purchased a snow blower...Did this for 2 years then I started picking up some lawn accounts.

I started this part time then went full time last year. I had a great job that I loved to do and paid well, but was always bucking heads with upper management and didnt follow the chain of command. I decided I had enough equipment and customers to do this full time so I walk out one day after they gave me 2 points for missed time that I put in for.

I use my family and temps for help. We carry commercial liability and workers comp @6.8%. All trucks are insured for commercial.

We service mainly residential with 7 commercial accounts.

I provide full service building and grounds maintenance in a 60 mile radius of Council Bluffs, Iowa. This means, gutter cleanings, concrete replacement, chemical programs, turf maintenance, tree removal, painting, pool maintenance, etc. If I cant do it I will sub it out or refer someone.
We have 57 active customers to date and several single service customers.

Most of my equipment was purchased used. We perform all are own maintenance. My goal again this year is to net $30 per hour after, taxes, dues, liens, licenses and association fees.

All customers have been referred, my advertising budget is almost 0. I do not see this changing. Most current customers never ask for bids they trust I will charge them fairly. I do have some that have gotten other bids to see where my bid lands but Its always in the ballpark.

Ben's Landscape
03-31-2009, 09:05 PM
Keep up the good work!! Good luck in '09!!!

DLAWNS
03-31-2009, 11:37 PM
Welcome to the site and good luck this season.

4.3mudder
03-31-2009, 11:50 PM
:waving:, good luck this year.

borwicks
04-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks guys. Best of Luck to all of you as well.