PDA

View Full Version : Bid worksheets/daily time sheets?

btammo
03-30-2009, 01:07 PM
I was curious if anyone had a good bid worksheet and/or daily time sheet that they would like to share....or is there a place on the site where that is available. I should have looked first i guess. Nothing fancy...
Thanks

btammo
03-30-2009, 01:08 PM
The techo bloc seminar i went to couple weeks ago had some nice examples, but forgot to get one from Big Joe.

DVS Hardscaper
03-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Everything has it's price!

sorry, not really interested in sharing our job costing sheet that I spent 7 years perfecting!

Daily Time sheet?? I have an old one I can try to upload to the net, and that I'm willing to share.

waltero
03-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Go to Microsoft.com, I will post a link to the site and type in timesheets and it will give you some templates that work with Microsoft Office that you can use for free. You may be able to find other stuff that may be useful to you.

All, please enjoy this. It cost me nothing except for some time.

I always enjoy seeing how helpful people are on this site. The knowledge on this site is as plentiful as water in a well, but most people want to show you how pretty their bucket is, or how their bucket is bigger or better then everyone else. Just don't expect them to get that bucket wet for you and we can all get along.

As I see it, the previous poster went out of his way to let you know that he does in fact have what you are looking for, but will not share it with you. Why, Why, Why would anyone post that if they really were interested in helping anyone. I don't understand that????

I believe that this site should be a place where people can go to get help.

Good luck with the downloads.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX102855291033.aspx

soopa
03-31-2009, 07:50 AM
I do all my sheets in Apple Numbers. Technically they're compatible with Excel but you lose a lot of the cooler features of the sheets. If you use a mac I'll be happy to send...

DVS Hardscaper
03-31-2009, 08:17 AM
I always enjoy seeing how helpful people are on this site. The knowledge on this site is as plentiful as water in a well, but most people want to show you how pretty their bucket is, or how their bucket is bigger or better then everyone else. Just don't expect them to get that bucket wet for you and we can all get along.

As I see it, the previous poster went out of his way to let you know that he does in fact have what you are looking for, but will not share it with you. Why, Why, Why would anyone post that if they really were interested in helping anyone. I don't understand that????

I believe that this site should be a place where people can go to get help.

First of all, A forum is more than "helping". It also has a purpose of sharing experiences, thoughts, ideas etc.

Second - there is a difference between "helping" and giving everything away. At what point do you draw the line? My point in my post is saying "hey, I'll certainly help and share whenever possible (which I do a great deal of), but now you're asking for too much. You share a job costing system on the www and next thing you know someone slaps a copyright on it and is selling software with your formulas, macros, etc. You can not make a bonafide job costing sheet in a couple hrs, it takes weeks. With my 10 years of posting on industry forums I have found that most contractors are reluctant to share 1) their job costing systems 2) Their proposals 3) I see mixed feelings on sharing employee handbooks.

If someone wants to give something away that consists of talent, experience, and many many years of thought - then great! Thats very nice!

Ok, ok, ok, I'll tell you what - since we're in the sharing spirit - I have a truck that needs a tune up and tires! You pay for my truck's tune up and new tires and I'll e-mail our estimating system!

But seriously, no 2 companies have the same overhead recovery system. A good estimating sheet will be based on how ever it is that you recover your overhead. If you don't recover you overhead the way the job costing sheet is set up - then the job costing sheet will be useless to you.

Here is my advice (and it's FREE!) - find Jim Houstons website and he has proven systems that'll get a company in the right direction.

ford550
03-31-2009, 11:04 AM
First of all, A forum is more than "helping". It also has a purpose of sharing experiences, thoughts, ideas etc.

Second - there is a difference between "helping" and giving everything away. At what point do you draw the line? My point in my post is saying "hey, I'll certainly help and share whenever possible (which I do a great deal of), but now you're asking for too much. You share a job costing system on the www and next thing you know someone slaps a copyright on it and is selling software with your formulas, macros, etc. You can not make a bonafide job costing sheet in a couple hrs, it takes weeks. With my 10 years of posting on industry forums I have found that most contractors are reluctant to share 1) their job costing systems 2) Their proposals 3) I see mixed feelings on sharing employee handbooks.

If someone wants to give something away that consists of talent, experience, and many many years of thought - then great! Thats very nice!

Ok, ok, ok, I'll tell you what - since we're in the sharing spirit - I have a truck that needs a tune up and tires! You pay for my truck's tune up and new tires and I'll e-mail our estimating system!

But seriously, no 2 companies have the same overhead recovery system. A good estimating sheet will be based on how ever it is that you recover your overhead. If you don't recover you overhead the way the job costing sheet is set up - then the job costing sheet will be useless to you.

Here is my advice (and it's FREE!) - find Jim Houstons website and he has proven systems that'll get a company in the right direction.

Nicely said and right on. I have no problems helping and advising, but to just give things away is not smart business. It takes years to perfect the systems that most of us have. Education is expensive.

B & B Yardscape
03-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Some things are easly found on the web and sharing my version of it only makes it landscape specific. Like a contract.

Providing a sheet on how I come up with my cost for a project is company specific. I'm not worried about it getting into some program for sale. I would worry about someone local taking work away from me.