PDA

View Full Version : 2009 season

tom's lawn care
03-30-2009, 07:16 PM
here are just some pictures of a yard that I cut today, I will be posting tons of pictures throughout the season.

KrayzKajun
03-30-2009, 07:23 PM
lookin good

Coastal Lawn Maintenance
03-30-2009, 07:30 PM
nice strips. do you have any pics of the truck and mowers

Florida Gardener
03-30-2009, 07:42 PM
looks good mengg

tom's lawn care
03-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Well I am almost 16. I willl be getting my liscense on april 28th, and I have a set up ready, but for now I just use my 52" stander, a BR 600 blower, and a stihl Km 110 trimmer. But once i get my liscenes I will have pictures of my set up. Here is one picture of what I used today.

JosephLawnCare
03-30-2009, 08:04 PM
You're already mowing? Maybe another 1-2 weeks here, maybe

tom's lawn care
03-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Hey josephlawncare, where are you located, I coul'd have mowed about a week ago, but It's been raining alot. I am in cincinnati ohio.

EagleGrounds
03-30-2009, 08:09 PM
im not sure about tom, but ive been mowing around here for almost a month

tom's lawn care
03-30-2009, 08:55 PM
here are some of the same pictures, but without the sun glaire.

Lakewlc
03-30-2009, 09:08 PM
nice stander

tls22
03-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Nice stripes...good to see guys cutting :weightlifter:

2brothersyardcare
03-31-2009, 07:42 AM
those standers are hot man

Nick's Lawn Care
03-31-2009, 09:37 AM
Looks good tommy!

tom's lawn care
03-31-2009, 12:05 PM
My brother and I use this set up, some of the times when we mow my dad's works. You can all laugh if you want, I think it's funny. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

tom's lawn care
03-31-2009, 12:07 PM
How do you guys like the rims on the trailer, it's really professional NOT!

scagmower
03-31-2009, 02:55 PM
getcha a striping kit and they ll look ten times better...oh also a scag:)

tom's lawn care
03-31-2009, 03:09 PM
How do you put a stripping kit on a wright stander? :dizzy:

teamgreendude
03-31-2009, 04:18 PM
How do you put a stripping kit on a wright stander? :dizzy:

google check mate stripers and they've got some asome stuff there oh what are you guys putting in that lesco spreder are you going to get a lincense for that my dad is the certified applicator and i'm the technician and so far now i have 20plus fert/weedcontrol accouts it's good money:drinkup:

DRBLawnBuster
03-31-2009, 05:00 PM
why dont you use the stander at your dads work?

KCfireman
03-31-2009, 05:08 PM
Stander makes a factory striper that you can buy from the dealer and install yourself.

tom's lawn care
03-31-2009, 07:36 PM
I'll have to get a stripping kit for it, and like I said we sometimes use the set up in the above picture, but sometimes we take the 16ft trailer with everything on it. Soon I will get pictures of the full set up. Also I am planning on getting liscenes.

EagleGrounds
03-31-2009, 07:44 PM
heres what i dont understand. Why do you, joe, and dan all have 7x16 trailers and you all only have 1 maybe 2 mowers. Why dont you work together with 1 trailer and truck with 3 mowers and get tons more business, instead of all competing, yet helping each other out at the same time. I dont know im just kind of puzzled.

If i had a brother with a business i wouldn't try and venture out on my own, id be right there with him.

I am a one man operation with a 5x10 and it is more than good, i mean sure id like to have a bigger one, but i see no reason to go out and buy a brand new one to start off with, especially with a single mower.

Just my 2 cents....

nnj18
03-31-2009, 08:41 PM
heres what i dont understand. Why do you, joe, and dan all have 7x16 trailers and you all only have 1 maybe 2 mowers. Why dont you work together with 1 trailer and truck with 3 mowers and get tons more business, instead of all competing, yet helping each other out at the same time. I dont know im just kind of puzzled.

If i had a brother with a business i wouldn't try and venture out on my own, id be right there with him.

I am a one man operation with a 5x10 and it is more than good, i mean sure id like to have a bigger one, but i see no reason to go out and buy a brand new one to start off with, especially with a single mower.

Just my 2 cents....

exactly what I had told them before and they tell ME I'm a bad businessman :hammerhead:

lifetree
03-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Very nice work, nice equipment, too !!

tom's lawn care
03-31-2009, 09:09 PM
Well nnj18, I am not the one who said anything bad about you, also my brother and I get along, but we just can't work together. Also before I was even into this kind of stuff, my brother and dan decided to start up a buisness, so they did. At first dan had the mowers and my brother had the truck and trailer. So then I decided to start my own company, and try to be better than theirs. LOL It's just that when my brother and I work together we fight the whole time because we think totally opposite from each other. And it makes us look bad infront of customers.

tom's lawn care
03-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Also the reason why I bought a 16ft is because, I got it for 1600 brand new out the door. (yea its a steal)

STIHL GUY
03-31-2009, 09:41 PM
nice stripes

BGClawns101
03-31-2009, 10:43 PM
im not sure about tom, but ive been mowing around here for almost a month

thats cuz you started mowing when the grass was still really brown and winter burn was still there its better to mow the grass when it is growing and healthy

BGClawns101
03-31-2009, 10:52 PM
We dont all work together because sometimes we dont get along well when we work but we have fun and we like doing what we do. Brandon me and joe are maybe thinking about buying another traill cause we dont have enough (prob not though). Me and Joe get along just fine. But i think tommy hit it right on the dot.

Tommy = Toms lawncare
Brandon = eaglegrounds
Joe = Integrity Guy

A-Land
04-01-2009, 12:50 AM
exactly what I had told them before and they tell ME I'm a bad businessman :hammerhead:

Seems to be because they CAN'T WORK TOGETHER!

nnj, you're right, at least I agree with you here, but frankly these guys are not going to get alone with each other anytime soon.

Staying separate is probably best for right now so you dont kill each other lol

KCfireman
04-01-2009, 12:53 AM
Tom, you'll find that there is NO more KNOWLEDGE to go around on this site anymore.

BGClawns101
04-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Seems to be because they CAN'T WORK TOGETHER!

nnj, you're right, at least I agree with you here, but frankly these guys are not going to get alone with each other anytime soon.

Staying separate is probably best for right now so you dont kill each other lol

HAHAHA ya thats pritty much wrong we could get along if we wanted. We hang out all the time and go to our places and ride 4 wheelers but ya it would be kinda hard with three different people giving there opinions on what should be done. But all last year Joe,Me,Tom,and nick worked together and we were just fine but tom and nick just kinda worked for us when they wanted. It just didnt work out to have all three of us in the same company.

EagleGrounds
04-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Well i guess now that i think about it, it goes with a classic saying my uncle always tells me(and he knows a thing or two running his own busines): Never Start A Business With a Friend. Which is true, ive been screwed and had friendships ended over trying to run a business, so now i work on my own and will only have friends help me here or there when i really need it, as do i help them if they need it. But i would never consider trying to run a business with a close friend.

BGClawns101
04-01-2009, 11:24 AM
ya thats a good point but brandon truct me the work gets very boring working by yourself. Mulching by yourself is really boring

tom's lawn care
04-01-2009, 12:18 PM
(Lets just put it this way) We work seperately and help each other out, And this way we run our buisnesses the way we won't to. Also we don't have to worry about what's who's and who gets what. "And it's working out great"

A-Land
04-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Now let me add - IF YOU GUYS WERE SMART -

I understand you can't work together. However, you can "work together" but not really work together, let me explain.

One guy goes for full maintenance.
One guy goes for fertilization/weed control.
One guy goes for hardscaping/installs.

NOW - You have three times the customer base, and you all advertise each other's services. However, the money is all split up, etc. Now you are working together constructively, rather than competing and busting each other up.

Nick's Lawn Care
04-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Now let me add - IF YOU GUYS WERE SMART -

I understand you can't work together. However, you can "work together" but not really work together, let me explain.

One guy goes for full maintenance.
One guy goes for fertilization/weed control.
One guy goes for hardscaping/installs.

NOW - You have three times the customer base, and you all advertise each other's services. However, the money is all split up, etc. Now you are working together constructively, rather than competing and busting each other up.

Thats kinda what we do...

I do the tree work (most of the time)
Tom, Joe, and Dan all do the mowing
Tom, Joe, and Dan also do the landscaping and hardscaping (unless its a big job and i will help)

A-Land
04-01-2009, 04:06 PM
It's actually what Chestnut Oaks does and breaks the work apart, but Dean's certified for applications so I know he does it unless they hired someone new to take care of that

TurtleCreekL&L42
04-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Hey nice yeards and equiptment....i just started out about a year ago and im 16 myself and have about 12 accts..how many do you have and howd you get them.

Nick's Lawn Care
04-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Hey nice yeards and equiptment....i just started out about a year ago and im 16 myself and have about 12 accts..how many do you have and howd you get them.

Welcome to the site!!!:cool2:

DRBLawnBuster
04-01-2009, 09:14 PM
welcome turtle creek!! Feel free to pm me if you have any questoins im 15 and have about 30 accounts.

tom's lawn care
04-01-2009, 09:41 PM
I currently have about 12 accounts also including my dad's works. I just got shirts made, fliers, and buisness cards. Also I will soon be getting magnets for my truck. Also if you have any questions just pm me.

tls22
04-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Well nnj18, I am not the one who said anything bad about you, also my brother and I get along, but we just can't work together. Also before I was even into this kind of stuff, my brother and dan decided to start up a buisness, so they did. At first dan had the mowers and my brother had the truck and trailer. So then I decided to start my own company, and try to be better than theirs. LOL It's just that when my brother and I work together we fight the whole time because we think totally opposite from each other. And it makes us look bad infront of customers.

I have the same problem with my father. I love him to death, yet when we work together there is allot of yelling. I don't know why its like that. I have heard from other people having the same trouble when business and family is put together. I don't think you guys are alone on this.

tom's lawn care
04-01-2009, 09:53 PM
here are some pictures of my shop!

DRBLawnBuster
04-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Why do you need so many gas cans?

tom's lawn care
04-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Well some of them the nozzle is broken on them, but I have just accumulated them over the years. I don't use them all. But they look good all together up there. LOL

tom's lawn care
04-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Also here is a picture of my truck with that gay cap on it. I took it off though I will get some pics of it tomarrow.

Kennedy Landscaping
04-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Everything looks good. Have a great season!

DRBLawnBuster
04-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Do you have pictures of the turf tracers

tom's lawn care
04-02-2009, 10:33 AM
I don't have any other pictures right now, but I will get some. Their is a picture of one in the above pictures on that little dinky trailer with rims.

tom's lawn care
04-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks lawn freak you have a great season as well.

BGClawns101
04-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Do you have pictures of the turf tracers

here are some pics of the turf tracer

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=267513