PDA

View Full Version : Invoices

Cuttinitclose
03-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Is there any FREE invoice/reciept site on the web that you can edit with business info and charges and print out? I'm using MS Word now and just looking for something a little more professional. Thanks!

aahotard
03-30-2009, 09:31 PM
well i go to excel and search invoice. i got a template there and it works just fine

Cuttinitclose
03-30-2009, 09:34 PM
I don't have excel believe it or not.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
03-30-2009, 09:36 PM
I believe quick books offers a free simple start edition.

punt66
03-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Is there any FREE invoice/reciept site on the web that you can edit with business info and charges and print out? I'm using MS Word now and just looking for something a little more professional. Thanks!

Quick Books simple start is free. Its a free download. Easy to use and tracks taxes, expenses and many others.

Roger
03-30-2009, 10:02 PM

If you are asking about invoices and sales receipts, then you must not be using an integrated financial management package. What are you using to track your expenses and income?

As somebody suggested, QuickBooks is able to do that tracking, plus produce any kind of invoice or sales receipt you need. Templates are available, but also the function to create you own documents, customized to your need. I don't use sales receipts, but do use invoices. I made one with a return-tear off that has worked well. But, the standard template for a service invoice works well too.

punt66
03-30-2009, 10:05 PM
If you are asking about invoices and sales receipts, then you must not be using an integrated financial management package. What are you using to track your expenses and income?

As somebody suggested, QuickBooks is able to do that tracking, plus produce any kind of invoice or sales receipt you need. Templates are available, but also the function to create you own documents, customized to your need. I don't use sales receipts, but do use invoices. I made one with a return-tear off that has worked well. But, the standard template for a service invoice works well too.
how did you do the return tear off? Buy the paper already perforated?

Grits
03-30-2009, 10:12 PM
how did you do the return tear off? Buy the paper already perforated?

I am curious of this as well. I would like to provide a tear off.

Roger
03-30-2009, 10:58 PM
The paper has no perforation. The tear-off line is merely a line of dashes. It is positioned exactly at a point down the page for a fold when putting it into a #10 window envelope (a 1/3 position). The bottom portion is printed for a return address of the customer, and my address, with the pay information in block on the far right side (e.g. invoice number, dates, amount, etc). I include a #9 double window envelope, so the return address and my address fit into the two windows respectively.

When I do the fold, it is at this line. A small note above the line suggests tearing and returning the bottom 1/3 in the #9 envelope. My intent is that they save the upper 2/3 for their records. However, some customers refold the page, along the same fold lines. The whole page is returned, but the address information is displayed through the two windows.

If anybody wants to see one, send me a PM with your email address, and I will send a .jpg of the invoice via e-mail.

jojoleafsfan
03-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Here you go http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=invocie&av=TPL000

rescuer4ever
04-26-2009, 02:04 PM
If you don't have MS office, you can download http://www.openoffice.org/ it is similar to MS office, free to use.

barefootlawnsandlandscape
04-26-2009, 05:14 PM
You need to get a program that will keep up with your numbers for you.

I use Quickbooks and don't know what I would do without it. It produces every report you could ever need and allows you to see what your numbers are doing on a daily basis. You can e-mail or print estimates, statements, or invoices with the click of a button. I think they have an add-on exclusively for landscapers.

You can order perforated paper from Intuit, the makers of quickbooks, or any other check manufacturer. You can also order envelopes for sending invoices and checks. Just print them and put them in the envelope, all addresses are automatically in the windows.

No matter what product you choose to use, you need to have a program in place that knows what to do with your numbers, unless you can write programs.

bohiaa
04-27-2009, 04:30 PM
download lawnpro/gopher and give them a try...

what your looking for is in them

terrypiper
04-27-2009, 11:18 PM

i downloaded intuit quickbooks simple start for free. i started using it and loved it so i bought quickbooks pro and wish i would have done this years ago. its great for invoices but will keep track of all your business needs as well. go to quickbooks.com and check it out.

curtcardillo3
02-08-2010, 11:14 PM
hey man i saw your invoice post. im just starting out and been trying to find different ideas for my invoice. if you dont mind could you send your invoice to me a curtcardillo@gmail.com

thanks

Kennedy Landscaping
02-09-2010, 11:24 AM
x2 on the Quick Books simple start. I use it and have been using it for some time and I can't really think of any complaints. Other than I have not figured out how to "void" an invoice on it. I'm sure it can be done I just haven't figured it out, never really need to other than once or twice a year.