PDA

View Full Version : LawnSite Radio Show????

Sean Adams
03-30-2009, 10:46 PM
Let me know what you think.

I am thinking about creating a podcast series that will very much resemble a radio show. Initially the show would not be daily, but in time it could become just that.

LawnSite is the biggest collection of people in the lawn care and landscaping industry on the entire planet - anyone who tries and argue that is foolish to do so. That being said, with all of these professionals in one place, it would seem very sensible for there to be a show specifically created for the members of this site - to discuss the site, the industry, business, and even some of the not so industry related topics such as politics, sports, etc...

So much could go on within this show - members could call in to discuss certain topics, respected manufacturers and experts within the industry could be interviewed (just like I did with Gary Patridge), contests could go on, emails could be read on the show, etc, etc, etc....

Now granted, this would not be a "live" broadcast, but who knows, maybe even in time, that could happen too.

I want to know what you think. Would you call in to be interviewed? Would you become a regular listener to the show? What would you want to see on the show? Maybe some regular segments that go on every show (advertising discussion, employee discussion, equipment discussion, etc...)?

Think of what could be discussed! I would do my very best to make it entertaining, informative, and helpful.

Maybe we could even get some companies within the industry to get involved.

Let me know your thoughts.

If you do not want to share them here, email me at sean@mooserivermedia.com.

Thanks for your input in advance.

Sean Adams
03-31-2009, 12:37 PM
I posted this last night and I have received 14 emails already with suggestions. Thanks to those who have emailed me. Feel free to post here as well too - that way we can generate discussion so the "show" can be what you guys want it to be. If not, email is fine.

KGR landscapeing
03-31-2009, 06:22 PM
My friend had a set up and did an online radio show once a week if he could get guest. And his set up for this little show was huge so initial invest might be kinda of large just something to think about.

White Gardens
04-01-2009, 01:19 AM
I think it would be great.

Cable TV shows do a lousy job at showing landscaping in a specific area.

For example, I was watching the DIY network the other day. They show how to do simple but effective ways to upgrade your landscaping. They used landscape timbers to frame in a path and the timbers were basically laid on top of the ground. In my area that wouldn't fly as the frost would heave them in one season. They showed how to do landscaping in a zone that is only compatible to 10% of the US.

If you could make the show extremely informative for most of the cross section of the US then it would be a great idea.

My question is, will you use current members for info on the show as we have helped create the monster that is Lawnsite.

Also, is it financially feasible to do a show like you're considering.

lawnproslawncare
04-01-2009, 03:19 AM
I like the idea of a "podcast" type show. what would be nice is to have weekly or monthly topics and maybe you could get some manufacturers to pay for some advertising.

Member call in's/interviews is a excellent idea to get feed back to other members on the state of the landscape community as well as sharing ideas and new technology being implemented.

Trenchblade
04-01-2009, 07:50 AM
I love the idea. I think it would be great. you are really going to have to put a lot of thought into it to make it great though. Like white gardens was saying about DIY doing the timbers on a walk way just laying on the ground, i see a lot of stuff that people do on those cable shows that do not make any since, and i think it is because they do not have a big group of professionals like we do here. I think that you could do a banging podcast show if you get some of the more knowledgeable people from here to help you out. I would love to be involved in that if you get it going.

DLCS
04-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Wow, that would be great, inovative. Sounds like lots of work and ideas to make it work. I'll get back to you.

Brian James
04-05-2009, 06:38 AM
I would be interested in it as long as it did not become an infomercial. As long as real facts and opinions and fair product endorsements were presented I know I would listen. I would even contribute or submit production pieces if I had relevant information to share.

stidrvr
04-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Having a full time job, podcasts are my lifeline to reality. The best things about podcasts is that there usually specific on that genre. That being Lawnsite.com. I know that the idea about talking about whatever is appealing, although I think, atleast for me sports and politics would be a turnoff. Leave that to the other podcasts.

I think it is a great idea, and the initial invest is very low. No need for fancy studios and expensive mics. Just get the information out there.

supercuts
05-04-2009, 08:30 PM
wow, i need to get out more, i dont even know what podcasts are. i dont tweet. i was the last to know what facebook is. if i knew how to watch it, it would be nice.

thegreenreaper
05-05-2009, 10:56 PM
I think that it would be a great idea, like new equipment out there, new ideas to speed up the lawn service, things to do to keep old customers happy, ideas to overcome breakdowns to get you back up and running. the ideas are endless so much. and don't forget safety for please look both ways before you go in the road and do that spin. Hope it happens looking forward to it.

Big Bad Bob
05-06-2009, 06:23 PM
I think that it would be a great idea, like new equipment out there, new ideas to speed up the lawn service, things to do to keep old customers happy, ideas to overcome breakdowns to get you back up and running. the ideas are endless so much. and don't forget safety for please look both ways before you go in the road and do that spin. Hope it happens looking forward to it.

A radio show idea sounds interesting. You can get most all the info you need right here on Lawnsite.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-21-2009, 11:27 AM
i would say from experience of listening to pod casts and weekly shows on am radio, doing a weekly show would suit this very well! doing it weekly makes people anticipate and wait to hear it, doing them any sooner in a time frame you would end up with not enough material that interests the majority of listeners, and it would enable you to line up guests people could send questions to through internet or phone which is a segment you cant go without! also advertiseing for small businesses that are members of lawnsite would be really nice if they were done at random for free to people who participate and make cheap timed advertisements for people willing to pay at certain parts of the hour.
i would also have a 2 hour show have it broken down into 4 segments and with that you would have a great starting point!

a good place to see a great exmaple of a podcast is at gamespot.com they have a weekly podcast be sure to check it out for some ideas!

SfTD_service_CENTER
07-04-2009, 03:50 AM
so is this hapening or what ??? i would help wit ideas if anyone thought they were good!

deff a exciting thing!

lot0210
07-15-2009, 01:24 PM
I would like to see a segment on starting a lawncare biz in this economical climit. Things like where to go to get deals on equipment to how to get new clientel.

Dunlaps LawnCare
07-15-2009, 05:26 PM
i think it'd be great!!!!!!!1

JCLawn and more
11-26-2009, 09:48 AM
I think it would be nice if it was not only audio, but also video. Depending on what your talking about a video or pictures with a audio would be very helpful. If you made a show and it was good quality i bet you could get it put on RFD TV with out much of a problem. You seem to be a smart guy and i bet it would not take you much to put a TV show together.