PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a PITA fee?

Planter
03-21-2002, 01:06 AM
Do any of you have a PITA (Pain In The A$$) fee for those customers who are a pain? What per centage of the base fee do you use. Had an irrigation system install that I added one to, about 35% of the total to compensate for all the call backs and time spent walking the yard with the owner explaining why the plants were dying.

Any one use this method?

Mykster
03-21-2002, 01:58 AM
LOL. Have a few PITA's customers myself. Can see it now, sitting down with a potential client as he reads the PITA clause. To anwer your question, no, thought never came to mind.

Kent Lawns
03-21-2002, 08:39 AM
Absolutely do.

It's about 50% increase. Most of the time we don't GET the job, but when we do, we have enough profit built in to babysit.

walker-talker
03-21-2002, 09:46 AM
I remeber doing this once. I absolutely did not want to do this lady's yard (dethatch, pickup and haul). It was (to an average person) a $100 job. Her estimate was about $400, thinking that she would say NO WAY. But instead she says "when can you start?". Two days later she called and cancelled (probably spoke with her husband or something). This lady was SPOOKY!!!

MATT

MATTHEW
03-22-2002, 08:05 PM
No extra fees really, because you never find out they are a PITA account until after you get started with them. They simply get a letter prior to the next season stating "thank you for your past business. We regret to inform you that we will not be offering our services in the coming year" -it works.;)