PDA

View Full Version : Help ASAP!

MC Handy Man
03-31-2009, 06:53 PM
I have a property management company that I have some past business with. They have about 20 apartment complexes. The will all need to be de-sanded and the striping must be touched up in the parking lots.

As a model, I have a lot that is about 40' wide and 130 yards long. the entire peremiter of the lot contains parking spaces.

I would like to take as many as possible on my small budget. I will be using a Stihl BR600 to blow the area.

for striping I am unaware of what I will use, either a aerosol push unit or I might look into renting an industrial unit.

I would appreciate any help and advice on:
-bidding (hourly/area)
-techniques w/ blower
-striping
-striping equipment
-possible over heads that can be overlooked

Thank you and I would greatly appreciate your quick response

This bid is wanted this friday. thank you for your time guys:)

Clapper&Company
03-31-2009, 07:06 PM
How about a Powebroom for the Sthil

or renting a Skid w/ broom?

MC Handy Man
03-31-2009, 07:32 PM
The skid steer is defiantly an option if I decide to take on all the lots. How much can you pick up one of those power brooms for?

Mimowerman
03-31-2009, 08:16 PM
power broom unit is about 400-600 depending on brand... skidsteer will more than likely not work too well... cars parked in spaces, and for the striping, hire a professional to do it as a sub.... don't half ass it because you wanna make a quick buck . bp blower, power broom and a few guys with shovels.

MC Handy Man
03-31-2009, 08:46 PM
I like the advice... Especially the stripping. I have been looking around for an affordable unit but I cant find nothing in my range. I think I will just go at it with the blowers and I will pick up a blower.

Now what about prices?

Mimowerman
03-31-2009, 10:28 PM
prices is another story... What are your costs? I try to always make at least a 30% profit margin.... depending on the customer and your situation it may vary. Some jobs I turn a great profit, and others I loose or sometimes give away free services to gain the account. I see the potential for alot of work here.... 20 apt complexes.... I would start my pricing minimum at $ 30 per man hour.... how many hours depends on the condition of the lots, how much debris, and things like how many cars and spacing in between them .

MC Handy Man
03-31-2009, 10:46 PM
My costs are something that I am actually working on right now. There will be qwite allot of miles put on during this operation. I am unsure how to include my milage into my overhead. Another cost that I have yet to get full information on is equipment. I am buying a Stihl BR600 in a week. You suggested that I get a power sweeper for this. So there is around $170+. I will have only one guy working with me, unless I must take on another. I will pay this employee $10.00 an hour. The complexes are in three different areas of the state. One I will have room and board free. However the other two I will need to have a cheap hotel room for the night we are there.

The plan is to coordinate with the property managers and get all the vehicles out of the lot.

For stripping, I will look into a good rate for renting a commercial grade unit or I will settle and purchase a walk behind erousal unit.

Another problem I can Not figure out is removal of the waste. I could possibly just bring my trailer with and load it all in that and find a place to dump it along the way.

I was thinking as throwing a price out for all the units to be done at $235 a lot. That is what I have figured out with my numbers I got at this point.