PDA

View Full Version : Hello there

3D-Designs
03-31-2009, 08:05 PM
New to the site and have found a lot of useful info and some other interesting stuff. My name is Tim and I am a landscape designer and general Horticulturalist. I started mowing lawns back in the eighties to make money while I was in Jr high. It ended up paying my way through school at Stephen F. Austin State University where I received a Bachelors degree in Horticulture. After that, the business grew pretty well for a couple of years then I got burnt out. I was making great $ for my age but was just tired of the bus. That's when I decided to go to A&P school to become an aircraft mechanic. I worked at Delta airlines for 5 years until 2005 when they decided to get out of Dallas. Since then I have been working at a major helicopter manufacturer. During this period of employment in the aviation industry, I have been designing landscapes for a few landscape companies in the Dallas Ft. Worth area. I think within the next few years I will part ways with the aviation business and go full time on the design gig. Definitely when our kids get past kindergarten and the wife goes back to work with some health benefits:) Any way, great site. Thanks.

Ben's Landscape
03-31-2009, 08:59 PM
Good luck in the Landscape design field!! I was thinking about going into that as a career. Good luck in '09!!!

DLAWNS
03-31-2009, 11:35 PM
Welcome to the site. I look forward to talking with you in the future.