PDA

View Full Version : Joint venture Press release

MAGLIGHTING
03-31-2009, 10:21 PM
I want the regulars at lawnsite to know first before the major media outlets report it.

Today a contract was signed for the project I flew out to Cape Cod Massachusetts last week to see. It was the coldest day of the year there (20 degrees with a wind chill of below 0 the home is right on the ocean) I was met by the one and only Sean Curran on tuesday at the site and I will be doing a joint venture on this project with him and his company. Myself and my crew will be flown out from Los Angeles on 4 occassions throughout the year and will combine with Sean's crew to complete this rather large project.

Sean is the past president of AOLP (I'm not holding this against him though) and one of the funniest guys you'll ever meet.

Lookout Cape Cod cause here we come. :drinkup:

klkanders
03-31-2009, 10:41 PM
Mike, Sean Congrats!
"20 degrees with a wind chill of below 0" How did you enjoy that? :)
Please keep us updated on this if you will. Sounds very interesting!
Sean is a funny guy.

Keith

Mr. Quik electric
04-01-2009, 12:43 AM
Sounds like an exciting project Mike. That cold weather sure makes you appreciate that warm california climate though. Looking forward to see some pics of the completed project. Must be quite a spread.

worx
04-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Mike I hope you and Sean take the time to post photos of the installation process also. Kind of "set the scene" for the Grand Finally.

David Gretzmier
04-01-2009, 09:56 AM
awesome close Mike. Nothing feels better than going "National". Coast to Coast, Mike G rocks ! Next stop Paris, Prague?

JoeyD
04-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Right on Mike!!! Sean is a funny guy!!!

MAGLIGHTING
04-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Nice of you to say. Here are some photos I took of the trip

MAGLIGHTING
04-01-2009, 10:57 PM
here are a few more photos

MAGLIGHTING
04-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Last Tuesday I was in below zero wind chill factor weather on the east coast. Wednesday, one day later I was back on the job in Southern Cal and it was 88 degrees that day. Just reminded me why I made the move almost 20years ago. I don't know how the contractors on that job can work in that kind of condition.

msouthard
04-02-2009, 12:06 AM
That is quite the treatment and looks like an awesome project. Its good to see these type projects are still being done. Good luck with it!

Pro-Scapes
04-02-2009, 12:08 AM
So which did you enjoy more ? A real east coast pie or the private plane ride. With as many times as I have been to L.A. I have never found anything that resembles a real pizza.

Great looking project. Should be lots of fun. If you need another hand I am sure I can figure out a way to make it up there :)

MAGLIGHTING
04-02-2009, 01:40 AM
So which did you enjoy more ? A real east coast pie or the private plane ride. With as many times as I have been to L.A. I have never found anything that resembles a real pizza.

Great looking project. Should be lots of fun. If you need another hand I am sure I can figure out a way to make it up there :)

The private plane ride by far. The pizza in LA has gotten much better over the years. You'll be the first one I call should the need arrive. We are planning on 4 different trips out throughout the year to complete as the whole house is being remodeled, new additional construction taking place and completely new landscaping and of course lighting. 40'- 60' trees are being brought in from Maryland. A new pool is also being built. The old pool has been demoed and removed. Should be a great project. very much looking forward to working with Sean.

Pro-Scapes
04-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Either the pizza got better or you just got used to it

JoeyD
04-02-2009, 02:44 PM
NICE!!! That job looks awesome!!

jmiller@kichler.com
04-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Sean is one of my favorite people in the world. I have no idea how good he is when it comes to landscape lighting (I hate it that he uses very little of Kichler), but he is indeed the funniest guy I know and more important than that, he likes music. Good music.

Sean and I have spent many a night listening to music together and not discussing lighting. If I recall he is not as big of a fan as I am of the boss, Bruce Springsteen, but I have never held that agaisnt him.

Whatever - this week in Cleveland is the hall of fame week for the rock and roll hall of fame induction ceromonies. Sooooo much music here I can't even think about landscape lighting. Sorry, but one must have their priorities.

I won't even begin to talk about the music I grew up with in the 60's and 70's. You kids can't appreciate those times. OK, I admit, we were crazy, but some of us lived through it.

Peace and ban the bomb.

Jack

Mr. Quik electric
04-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Wow, Talk about the royal treatment. Good for you Mike, you have earned it!!!

NE Landscape Lighting
04-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Mike,

If you need anything while you are out here, feel free to call.

Chris

MAGLIGHTING
04-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Mike,

If you need anything while you are out here, feel free to call.

Chris

Thanks Chris, Didn't I meet you in CA last spring?

NE Landscape Lighting
04-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Mike,

No i dont think it was me because i have never been to California.